Dearest 10 Month Old. Where The Heck Are Your Teeth!

Well hello there! So what’s the deal? How are you able to poo for the whole of England and still have NOT ONE tooth come through! I don’t get it, most babies I know have about 6 already. And the bloody baby down the road “has ALL of his teeth and eats absolutely everything! He’s even on cows milk!”. Wow, hurrah for him. Naf off.

To be fair, your dentist aunt did point out it can take up to 18 months (oh my god) for teeth to come through so I guess we still have a while before worry should set in. Your nanny actually told me that my teeth didn’t come through till I was 13 months old. So I guess, for now, I shall enjoy your gummy smiles a bit longer. It seems lack of teeth doesn’t stop you from biting my cardigan and shoulder. Ouch baby!!

This month I get the feeling you might have descended from evil kenieval. The way you quite willingly throw yourself off furniture and anything with a bit of height has my heart permanently in my mouth. And I know you know you’re doing it! You laugh cheekily and toss yourself back, looking a lot like you’re about to body surf. If you could not do that so much then that would be great!

And sleeping? I think we might be going backwards this month. One night was just pure awful and everything was going wrong. It started when I thought it would be a good idea to update my iPhone. 5 HOURS later at 1am it finished but not without wiping out 3 months worth of your pictures from my phone. The rest of that night went like this

Lots of sulking over lost pics
    Trying to google way to get pics back
    Discovering big wee leak resulting from a dodgy nappy fastening by daddy
    Changing baby fully
    Settling baby back down after feed
    Collapsing into bed thinking sleep at last
    Waking an hour later by, fully awake, bouncing baby ready to start the day!

Suffice to say I spent most of that day in a zombie like state. It reminded me very much of the book Peace at last. I’ve now bought it for you.

Right about now I need to start thinking about your first birthday party. Now that’s going to be interesting, considering your mum and dads families don’t talk to each other. Do we have one party, invite everyone and stress the hell out of myself? Or have two separate parties and two cakes? Two cakes. I think that decides it doesn’t it? I should start organising but it’s not till mid December. We have aaaaages yet!

Until next time baby! Mwah!!

1. susankmann October 31, 2011 / 11:46 am

It is hard not getting sleep, my oldest was the same. He is better but not great and he’s almost 5. He didn’t get his first tooth until he was 9 1/2 months old. You will find once one comes through a whole load will come through at once. Good luck x

2. Claire2101 October 31, 2011 / 12:04 pm

Our toddler was about two weeks shy of his first birthday before his first tooth came through. Now, about four weeks shy of his second birthday, he has 12 so still another 8 to go. My dentist said it was a good thing so don’t worry. He also said it was hereditary.

And regarding the birthdays, we did separate family things and will probably continue that. The families are just too big to have everyone together.

3. Mum of one October 31, 2011 / 4:30 pm

LOL can SO relate to this post. My 10 month old only has one if that is any comfort. Am also having a ‘ what to do with the in laws’ first birthday crisis!

4. The Boy and Me (@TheBoyandMe) October 31, 2011 / 6:00 pm

I had been planning The Boy’s first birthday party for four months before it happened. I had four parties: one for friends; one for my mum, dad & sister’s family; one for my brother’s family with sister’s family (my brother & parents don’t speak, long story); and one for hubby’s family. By the end of the weekend I was knackered and vowed never again. Last party I invited my family & his friends (bugger hubby’s family & my brother) and it was awful. Next year I shall go back to two parties (still sodding hubby’s family!).

And the teething? Ha, good luck with that one!

5. janeblackmore October 31, 2011 / 10:42 pm

Twin girl was 14 months before she got a tooth in her head!!!!!!

x x

6. Mum2babyinsomniac November 1, 2011 / 9:12 am

Haha, apparently it is genetic! Iyla didn’t get her first one till 9 months which was later than all of her baby friends, but since then they have been shooting out way too quickly! She has seven now, I guess that is the good thing about them getting them later. Actually hang on a minute, there is never anything good about teeth! They suck! x

7. frankeeb November 1, 2011 / 1:06 pm

My sister didnt get any teeth till she turned 2… and no one batted an eyelid till gone 20 months.

Evil Kenievel does sound aweome… if not a bit scary! these boy babies are far too adventerous!

8. Jackie November 1, 2011 / 1:31 pm

My little monkey just passed the 9 month mark without teeth. I wondered about it too!

9. jenny Paulin November 1, 2011 / 9:27 pm

those first few teeth will probably all come through at same time then – ouch!! i don’t envy you that teething period!!
    i always thin about planning the birthday parties ages before they are here – good luck trying to decided what to do for the best. its a shame when families are like that isn’t it? x

10. fireflyphil November 2, 2011 / 6:20 am

Ha! Love Jill Murphy’s books. Especially ‘Five Minutes’ Peace.’

11. Pingback: 11 Months… And Counting! « NotMyYearOff