I have been tagged in a I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here inspired meme by the lovely Jenny Paulin from Mummy Mishaps in a post originally started by Kate On Thin Ice.
I used to watch this programme religiously, especially when Katie P and Peter Andre got together (remember that one?). I’ve not followed it so much this year but I did enjoy Sinitta screaming every second, for about one task. Then my ears just hurt!
So here goes….
1. What one thing about being parent makes you scream “get me out of here” ?
When baby decides he doesn’t want to nap at all. Those days I pretty much stand by the door waiting for 6.15pm so that I can hand the baby over as soon as hubby steps in the door. Then I run like hell!
2. What skills, if any, do you have that would be useful in the jungle?
I think I’m a pretty decent cook and no matter what I make there are always a lot leftover (I just tend to make too much!). So no-one would go hungry. Ever! I can also yap for Britain so you wouldn’t get bored.
3. How are you likely to annoy people if you were stuck with them for 3 weeks
I would probably show pictures of my baby every chance I got! I’d probably do a lot of Sinitta style screaming as well and end up getting voted for a LOT of tasks!
4. Whats the worst thing you had ever eaten?
I once had a “soup” at a “dinner party” and it tasted really sticky and was a bit hard to swallow. I asked what it was and it turned out it was Lamb legs boiled till the bones released the marrow, which is then used to make this “delicious soup”. I wanted to throw up but managed to swallow it. I didn’t have any more *shudder*.
5. What luxury item would you take into the jungle with you?
My phone and maybe a a very powerful wifi hub!
6. What is the most daring thing you have ever done?
At the age of 13 my friends and I once spent the night in a haunted house. (My friends!). Nothing happened but we didn’t sleep all night and went home utterly freaked out.
7. Who would you miss most if you went into the jungle with a bunch of strangers?
My baby boy and husband.
8. What celebrity alive or dead would you like to have with you in the jungle?
Someone like Jamie Oliver who could make nice meals for everyone or Philip Schofield, just for his company!
9. What would scare you about being in the jungle?
Woodlice and Maggots. I don’t mind spiders but those two things would have me squirming a lot!
10. After leaving the jungle, you go to a luxury hotel. What would be the first thing you did on reaching your hotel?
Sit in the tub and scrub myself convinced I had nits and tics attached to me
11th mission should you choose to accept it is to tell us why the person who tagged you is a star
Jenny is the mum of a very active toddler and a baby boy that sometimes wakes in the night. She manages to entertain them all day AND cook some very nice things including chutneys. I have no idea where she gets all her energy from but after this I’m off to read her Slow Roast beef recipe. Check it out here.
So now my next task is to pass this on and the rules are as follows:
1) Answer the 10 questions and consider the mission – DONE
2) Tag a blogger or two or more to do the same – I will tag
3) Come back to me and tell me you have done the questions and answers so