The Diva

I’ve been walking around with a massive ringing in my ears for a few days now. My poor ears may fall off if they continue to vibrate at the rate and frequency they have been doing. Baby Boy Z has learned how to scream.

Not just “I’ve discovered my voice” screaming, but proper defiant “how very dare you” tantrum screaming. He could audition for a part in a horror movie. It is a scream a Hollywood horror movie producer would be very proud of; utterly blood curdling. I’ve noticed it since his birthday and a part of me wonders whether two fairly big birthday parties has unleashed the inner diva within him. Maybe he is now expecting cake every other day? I am fairly sure of my theory because he’s also started throwing food from his high chair frisbee style, whilst maintaing eye contact with me at all times. Without so much as a glance at what he’s thrown.

As if he is saying… “This…Does…Not…Please…Me”

He perfects the screaming by throwing his entire body backwards “swoon style” if I go to pick him to stop him doing something. I think he’s just missing a hand to forehead hand gesture. And possibly a cape.

Where is my sweet little boy?

20120105-154641.jpg

1. Mummy Bear January 5, 2012 / 4:02 pm

Haha Little Bear does the swoon as well – we’re not quite at the screaming bit but he’s mastered the whining voice before he can talk!

• Notmyyearoff January 5, 2012 / 8:51 pm

Get those ear plugs ready. It seems to be everything you say no to. My ears!

2. Mum2babyinsomniac January 5, 2012 / 4:13 pm

Uh-oh not the dreaded tantrums! Iyla has start flinging herself backwards in a flood of tears when I tell her no, yesterday she tried to claw me! And it’s only going to get worse isn’t it?! X

• Notmyyearoff January 5, 2012 / 4:22 pm

Yep I think it is 🙁 someone on Twitter mentioned the terrible twos can start early in some babies, arrrrgh!

3. @mummydaddyme January 5, 2012 / 7:39 pm

Mads is also a proper diva at the moment- she gets in such tantrums. Yesterday my friend and I went for a drink in a pub and we let the babies share a kids portion of garlic bread. Mads was not just satisfied with her own bit but wanted her friends bit too, so much so she flung herself around screaming and arching her back. This carried on for a while and to be honest my friend and I were laughing because her face was a picture- such a look of horror, anger and tears. Eventually because her friend wasn’t eating it we gave it to her, to which she promptly threw it on the floor!

• Notmyyearoff January 5, 2012 / 8:45 pm

Haha aww bless her she sounds so cute. I never thought they’d suddenly start throwing tantrums all over the place. It took me about 4 attempts just to get him into his buggy today in Debenhams!

4. Mistress Mummy January 5, 2012 / 8:00 pm

At least it’s just across the room for now, wait until he aims it all over you!

• Notmyyearoff January 5, 2012 / 8:50 pm

Oh god, it gets worse?

5. jenny Paulin January 7, 2012 / 9:16 pm

uh-oh! wait til he approaches 2 they get to a whole new level then! buy some ear plugs maybe? good luck – cute photo x