The Gallery – Photography Resolution

The theme in Tara’s Gallery this week was a bit of a head scratcher but it’s a good one to encourage improvements to your photography.

It’s My Photography Resolutions.

I am a people snapper. I mostly always have been. I love capturing smiles and pictures when people aren’t looking. I’ve never been a naturally talented photographer but that’s ok. I just love taking photos and the detail or composition or angle never entered my head before I started joining in links like the Gallery or Silent Sunday.

Over the last year I’ve slowly started getting into taking pictures of stuff other than faces and people. Still not close up or at particular angles but I notice natural beauty a bit more and often wonder “hmmmm.. Would that make a nice pic?”.

So my resolution is to take more detailed pics and look for detail, the abstract in, sometimes, the obvious.

So here goes…

20120124-202909.jpg

Click the icon below to see more entries this week.

1. The Boy and Me (@TheBoyandMe) January 24, 2012 / 9:23 pm

That’s lovely, a very good photo to start you off on your resolution! Love the texture of the flower and the burnt colours coming in.

2. Tara January 24, 2012 / 11:28 pm

A great resolution. When you look back in years to come it adds depth and greater meaning to your photos x

3. susankmann January 25, 2012 / 4:32 pm

What a gorgeous picture and good luck with your resolution x

4. Erica Price January 25, 2012 / 7:13 pm

Beautiful petals

5. averagemummysaz January 25, 2012 / 7:15 pm

I’m guilty of people snapping too, I have whole albums of holiday photos, but you’d never be able to guess where I was, as I forget to do scenery shots! Beautiful picture, would make a lovely canvass for a bedroom.

6. LauraCYMFT January 25, 2012 / 9:27 pm

What a great resolution, good luck! A really interesting photo. I love the colours!

7. jenny Paulin January 28, 2012 / 10:18 pm

your rose photo os really interesting and shows the textures and different shades a rose and its petals has. it always good to experiment with your camera and see how an everyday type object or an innate object can look more interesting just by taking it from a different angle. before the boys i was always messing about like this too usually with flower myself as they are so pretty.
    keep up the good work x