Things To Do Before I’m 40

I read a very fun post yesterday on TheBoyAndMe’s blog, all about “Things I want to do before I turn 40”. You usually see people with bucket lists and whilst they’re full of fun things the bit about death has always put me off. This is much more palatable by my brain. It started as a meme on the blog of Two Point Four Children. Go check both of them out.

Anyway… Here is my list!

1. Go To New York and Las Vegas
2. Have another baby
3. If looking after 2 children goes well then possibly have a third.
4. Move towns. I love where we live but part of me wonders whether the time has come to move to somewhere a bit busier. Where the children “can do stuff”
5. Enjoy being part time and not wonder what it would be like to be full time. At least for a few years.
6. Make more trips to London again
7. Go to see Wicked at the theatre
8. Visit Italy with the baby and eat a LOT of pasta and pizza.
9. Curb my temper a fair bit.
10. Spend more time with the Inlaws without moaning for an hour before hand.
11. Become a regular jogger. Nothing too strenuous. Just enough to get fit!
12. Stop stressing over everything!
13. Possibly change jobs and even consider becoming self employed by starting own business.
14. Learn how to cook all manners of Chinese food.
15. Cut all coke altogether!
16. Fly First class to somewhere.
17. Drive around Europe. Not sure whether with the kids would be a good idea!
18. Finally get it through to hubby, via hints, he needs to surprise me with a holiday. To New York possibly. Or Paris. I’m not fussy, obviously.
19. Lean how to swim! (I still can’t swim properly).
20. Be happy with my lot.

That’s my 20!

Now I tag

@Mum2babyInsomni
@AlliMarshall
@BessyTweets
@Motherventing
@LagosMum
@LaurenInSuffolk
@Averagemummy

Once you’ve done your list go link up on Two Point Four Childrens page.

Now, what to do first?

1. Expat Mammy January 17, 2012 / 5:58 pm

all good choices there lady, love the first class one

2. LagosMum January 17, 2012 / 6:13 pm

Great list! Have starting thinking about mine already… Thanks for the tag 🙂 x

3. averagemummysaz January 17, 2012 / 6:46 pm

Thanks for the tag!! I’m up for this! Thanks for the tag x

4. The Boy and Me (@TheBoyandMe) January 17, 2012 / 6:49 pm

Damn, wish I’d put ‘learn how to swim properly’ on mine, I’m rubbish. And the inlaws thing might get worse, I now moan for weeks in advance!

Thanks for tagging back to me

5. Mistress Mummy January 17, 2012 / 7:07 pm

Great bucket list!

I went to Italy in the summer, I don’t think they have any other foods there other than pizza and pasta!

6. Pingback: Things to do before I’m 40 « Tales of an Average Mummy
  7. twopointfourchildren January 17, 2012 / 10:02 pm

fantastic list, I would love to visit Italy and go first class somewhere anywhere would do! I would also love to see wicked and have a weekend in London again with or without my two:-)
    thanks for linking up

8. FionaCambouropoulos (@coombemill) January 18, 2012 / 11:20 am

I love the last one, I really believe being happy starts with being happy with your lot!

9. susankmann January 18, 2012 / 5:20 pm

What a great list. You have to see Wicked it’s awesome. x

10. Mum2BabyInsomniac January 19, 2012 / 9:07 am

Oooh this is a great idea, gonna have to have a think though! x

11. jenny Paulin January 23, 2012 / 10:09 pm

i havent started my list yet – you are good! i MUST get on with it else i will be 40 lol
    anyway, you have listed some great things.
    i like the 2nd baby one (and a 3rd, really? wow you are brave)
    Italy – i would like to visit there too
    stop stressing – i am the same
    xx

12. pinkoddy February 7, 2012 / 10:32 pm

We found that giving the children a ds and some dvds meant they were more than happy as we drove around Europe. Have fun ticking off your list.