Mugs!

Kate’s latest Listography is all about mugs. On a day where I look more zombie than usual with my cold, streaming eyes and general blood shot-ness this perked me up a bit. After all, I’ve had a mug glued to my hand in one way or another all weekend.

So here’s my fave mugs!

1. The morning cuppa
Plan Jane, does the job in a hurry mug. These are the ones stacked on our mug tree.

20120213-121156.jpg

2. The “Homer” mug
I bought this for my hubby. He loves The Simpsons and it was part of an Easter egg set. The slogan on the side says “I completely agree with whatever you’ve just said”. I’m sure he would use that with me if he wasn’t going going to get the glare of death back!

20120213-121351.jpg

3. The not very practical mug
This is one of the first mugs we bought together on a shopping trip to Ikea. I’m not sure what possessed us. You can hardly get even a finger through that handle!

20120213-121503.jpg

4. The “fancy” mug
One my Royal Doulton bits that come out when we have “guests”. Which err, isn’t that often!

20120213-121654.jpg

5. My “girlie” hot chocolate mug.
My friend gave me this as a Xmas present. The guys usually try to avoid this one If ever I use it.

20120213-121828.jpg

Check out the other entries on Kate Takes 5. Go on. Who knew there could be so many mugs out there. I need more!

Photobucket

1. Sarah February 13, 2012 / 1:57 pm

We have plain purple mugs for the “in a hurry” thing. But its not like having your own proper mug.

2. (Mostly) Yummy Mummy February 13, 2012 / 2:16 pm

I absolutely love your Royal Doulton mug but it’s far too lovely a set to be hidden away – you should get it out more often 🙂

3. L.A.C.E. February 13, 2012 / 3:39 pm

I have a mug from the dollar store that says something along the lines of inheriting insanity from your kids. I completely agree. and a cat mug that my hubby bought me due to my love of cats. other than that we only have plain ones, which I use most often.

4. Midlife Singlemum February 13, 2012 / 5:54 pm

I remember that batch of mugs from Ikea – they were very cheap and loads of people bought them as they look nice (and they were cheap) but you can’t pick up your hot drink. Shame on them. I actually like your two white ones – the lack of colour letrs you focus on the pleasing shape.

5. Lauren - Big Eejit February 13, 2012 / 7:00 pm

We have those Ikea mugs in our church – you’re right about that tiny handle! Having said that, they are infinitely better than the typical Baptist “one mouthful” cups we had before!

• mcai7td3 February 13, 2012 / 9:08 pm

It’s mad but I love it 🙂 who knew there were so many different types of mugs!

6. jenny paulin February 13, 2012 / 10:50 pm

wow you have a lot of different mug types! i like your posh Royal Doulton one and your girl is hot chocolate one the best! mind you plain jane is fine as this is the one i tend to use most days myself for my cup of tea!

7. Multiple Mummy February 15, 2012 / 8:46 am

My fave would definitely be the hot choc mug! Anything with hot chocolate in is good!

8. Kate Takes 5 February 15, 2012 / 4:22 pm

Hmm that’s 3 traingular mugs in there – not my cup of tea – excuse the pun…

9. The Boy and Me (@TheBoyandMe) February 16, 2012 / 7:08 pm

You’ve redesigned your blog! When the hell did that happen?

Love your selection, and what is it with those Ikea mugs?