Street Photography

The theme in the Gallery this week is Street Photography.

My friend and I visited Paris a few years back. I’d already been once previously but she had never seen it. My other half never wants to go so I thought why not go with a friend!

This was part of our “mini tour of Europe”, which comprised of Belgium and France. So very very mini. Anyhoo, we arrived at our hotel and kept seeing signs for Roland Gaross. Not being very sporty we had no idea what it was and dismissed it for some local attraction at first. Instead we hurried to the centre to see all the important attractions like the Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, the Louvre etc.

A day or two later we asked the hotel receptionist what Roland Gaross was. Her answer was a very enthusiastic “The French Open of course!!”.

OHHHHH!!

It turned out we were only staying a mile away from the tennis and the French Open was in its opening rounds. We got day tickets to the games and had a wander around the courts. We particularly enjoyed watching the French Jeremy Chardy and shouting “Allez Jeremy!!!” alot and trying in vain to get his autograph despite not really knowing him nor being a fan of tennis.

Just for the day though, it was a lot of fun!

20120725-064625.jpg

You can check out other entries in this weeks Gallery by clicking the icon below.

1. Erica Price July 25, 2012 / 7:41 am

Very nice – it’s a classy logo isn’t it?

2. Jenny paulin July 25, 2012 / 7:53 am

I went on a girly trip to Paris too it was lots of fun!
    I wold imagine attending a French tennis match wold be a good laugh too especially if you were looking at some fit French men ooooh la la laaaa x

3. Emma July 25, 2012 / 8:17 am

Love Paris, my Mr isn’t interested in going either (probably too romantic lol) but I think it’s great x

4. shacklefordlb July 25, 2012 / 8:18 am

That’s the best way, stumble upon new experiences as you do the touristy thing x.

5. Multiple Mummy July 25, 2012 / 8:19 am

My husband would be very jealous! What a great thing to stumble upon!

6. readysteadymummy July 25, 2012 / 10:17 am

I love Paris- it’s like two cities in one, going from very busy and ‘touristy’ to quaint and traditionally French in less than a minutes walk.. would love to go back x

7. TheBoyandMe July 25, 2012 / 3:33 pm

I wouldn’t have had a clue either. I remember the first time I went to Paris, it was with my sister, her husband and his daughter when I was 18. We got off the tube, walked up the stairs and stood looking for some sign of the nearby Eiffel Tower. A local told us to walk across the road and suddenly we saw it where it had previously been hidden behind the building we were standing in the shadow of. It was about 200 yards away and it’s pretty damn big that close!

8. Emma July 25, 2012 / 8:07 pm

Very nice… I went to Wimbledon once (I am married to a huge tennis fan). He had great fun watching the matches, while I had great fun in the Pimms tent 🙂

9. LauraCYMFT July 25, 2012 / 9:09 pm

Sounds like a really fun day! I love doing spontaneous things just for the fun of it!

10. Kat July 26, 2012 / 10:22 pm

WoW! Sounds like a great surprise. Love the photo too x