Hello Feesh!

During our holiday in Dubai (yes, we’re back home now…booo!) we used to visit the hotels humongous aquarium on a daily basis. Little Z has always been fascinated with fish, usually of the goldfish variety, so we knew he’d love it.

Atlantis Palm Aquarium

Each day even before breakfast was finished he’d announce his plans for the morning.

“Feesh!! See feesh!! Feesh!”

We didn’t mind as its so massive and contains so many different types of species there’s always something you hadn’t seen.

Each morning Little Z would have the funniest conversation with them through the glass, mostly along these lines…

[Knocks on glass and waves wildly]

“Hello Feesh!! Ello!! Ello!”

[Fish swim up curious to see if Little Z is about to feed them. They swim around or off once they realise he’s not their feeder]

“What da doing? Come ere!”

[Keeps waving…]

“Where going?? Come ere…Come ere!!”

[Looks up at us]

“Aww naughty!!”

This went on daily, sometimes more than once a day but it would make us chuckle each time. The “Feesh” weren’t always “naughty”. Sometimes he’d just accept they didn’t want to “come ere” and attempt to leg it down the big halls.

20121207-080159.jpg

I think he would love a goldfish of his own but as fish tend to die in our care (and being not too sure how to explain fish death to a nearly 2 year old) we may wait a while.

flashbackbadge1

Wot So Funee?

1. Hayley December 7, 2012 / 10:38 am

Haha, this has made me smile, ‘come ere’ I love it! Hope you had a nice holiday 🙂

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:32 pm

We did thanks 🙂 wouldn’t have minded it being slightly longer!

2. lauracymft December 7, 2012 / 1:48 pm

I’ve seen this tank on TV and it looks fab. My stepdad lives in Dubai so he has seen it in real life. It really does look amazing!

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:32 pm

It was so huge. Very impressive too!

3. Lauren December 7, 2012 / 4:52 pm

ha ha! This is so funny. The aquarium looks amazing I’m not surprised he wanted to go and see them everyday.
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday xx

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:33 pm

Kept us entertained too, think hubby took about a hundred videos of it all.

4. Honest Mum December 7, 2012 / 6:13 pm

Amazing and bet Dubai in general was fab x

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:33 pm

It was, I’d love to go again next year I think!

5. Katie @mummydaddyme December 7, 2012 / 8:08 pm

Aw bless him, Mads adores fish too. I hope you had a lovely holiday. x

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:34 pm

We did thanks 🙂 the first holiday with z worked out really well!

6. L.A.C.E. December 8, 2012 / 2:33 am

We had two goldfish when C was little. ONe gold fish started eating the other goldfish. they both got sick with something black. I threw out the shredded goldfish. The cannibal goldfish stopped going black, (so I’m assuming the one fish was sick and the one eating it was getting sick that way). Our goldfish was finally named Moose because it got so big. Then one day when i went to clean the tank it decided to jump out of the water into my face. Well Moose got shipped to my friends fish tank with many other gold fish and a beta. A month into living there, Moose ate the Beta :/ I don’t like fish lol

So glad Z loves the fish though 😀

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:35 pm

Hehe Moose sounds fab… Our goldfish have never got to the stage of being fat…or even 2 weeks old. We’re not very good really!

7. Erica Price December 8, 2012 / 8:15 am

I hadn’t realised the fish tank was in your hotel – how fabulous! Can see how Z loved that.

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:36 pm

I think the OH was loving it too. Have to admit it was very impressive though.

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:36 pm

I know…naughty naughty! (as he kept saying!)

8. jenny paulin (@JennyPaulin) December 9, 2012 / 9:53 pm

what an amazing fish tank! its huuuge! no wonder Z wanted to see them each day and make friends with them. i cannot believe you are back home already! that has flown by!
    thanks for linking up x

• Notmyyearoff December 10, 2012 / 12:37 pm

It has flown by too quickly! It was always meant to be a tentative step to taking holidays abroad though so worked out well!

9. Actually Mummy December 11, 2012 / 12:21 pm

Bless him – that’s the cutest thing 🙂

10. Anya from Older Sinlge Mum December 12, 2012 / 9:57 pm

That looks fantastic! My kids would love it – they adore the Sea Life Centre – which might be a poor second best for you, but worth it to maintain the conversation!

11. motherwifeme (@motherwifeme) December 13, 2012 / 8:18 am

Aw, I could stare at fish in aquariums endlessly, though my only experience of keeping a fish – at a company I was working at where every employee got their own pet fish – ended in distaster when the whole tank got fried – poor little Sid Fishious

12. TheBoyandMe December 13, 2012 / 10:01 am

That is such an amazing fish tank! When I scrolled down and saw it, I actually gasped. I love aquariums but we don’t have many near us.

13. thisdayilove December 13, 2012 / 10:04 pm

My daughters just seen the pictures, shes 2, and asked to play with fish

14. Charlotte December 14, 2012 / 1:30 pm

We are getting a big fish tank for Christmas. Not this big though! :0) Bob loves Feeshes too! :0) x