Red

If you’ve read my blog recently you will know that Little Z has developed a keen eye for fashion. To the extent that he now picks what he wants to wear.

We are now having daily wars trying to get him into appropriate attire (mostly warm!), but if it doesn’t suit his mood then all hell breaks loose and on some days I admit I’ve given up and let him wander about the house in just his vest.

If it were up to him he would wear one particular red hoodie day after day. It’s the only piece of clothing that he runs towards.

This is a phase, right?

(And that piano…arrrrrrgh!!)

20130319-210839.jpg

1. Sarah MumofThree World March 20, 2013 / 7:25 am

Bless him! At least he’s wearing clothes! I can’t bear toy musical instruments! I have a red hoodie I bought over 12 years ago when I was first pregnant. I still wear it every day – it’s become my dressing gown. I once wrote a whole blogpost on it!

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:06 pm

Your red hoodie is so red and not faded one bit!

2. Mrs Darling March 20, 2013 / 8:32 am

ha ha, my three year old is just like this! oops maybe I shouldn’t have said that given that it started at least when she was two! Even today when its crazy clothes day for nursery and she got to wear her favourite pink net skirt we argued over her hair! :/ x

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:06 pm

Oooh really? It does sound like the start of something permanent!

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:07 pm

I have a favourite black one! (But I do wear other stuff too :))

3. playspotter March 20, 2013 / 9:19 am

I can’t believe how early they know their own minds and what they want to wear… however, the comment in your post I most relate to is the ‘piano… aaaaargh’! Ours ran out of battery and I’ve never been so happy, but I finally gave in this week and changed them. Regretting it already!

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:08 pm

I am so tempted to have the piano break by “accident”.

4. Emma The Mini Mes and Me March 20, 2013 / 10:11 am

Perhaps the batteries can run out quite quickly in the piano? 😉
    I remember the naked phase when they constantly wanted to strip off but luckily they have always dressed quite well.
    The hoodie looks cosy, I would want to live in it too 🙂

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:09 pm

Haha oh Im so glad the nakedness hasn’t hit yet. It takes so long to get him out the house as it is. *looks scared*

5. wendy March 20, 2013 / 11:14 am

aww what a lovely photo xx

6. LauraCYMFT March 20, 2013 / 11:36 am

Z sounds like Miss C. She knows what she likes to wear and God help you if you try to dress them in something else LOL Looks a lovely hoodie though. Nice and cosy!

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:11 pm

That’s exactly what it’s like. All hell breaks loose. It’s just easier to let him wear the hoodie!

7. bluebirdsunshine March 20, 2013 / 12:26 pm

Better than him wanting to wear a Batman cape and mask everywhere he goes but I know the frustration of battles over clothes. My little mini is so feisty when it comes to getting dresses. I hope you’ve removed any batteries from that toy piano 🙂

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:11 pm

Haha oh god yes. That would be much harder!

8. Suzanne March 20, 2013 / 1:18 pm

I think that I would find that piano more of a stress than the jumper lol! Isn’t it funny how they get these little ‘favourites’ from search an early age?!

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:12 pm

The piano is definitely more annoying than that top. It may be time for it to get lost very soon!

9. Katie @mummydaddyme March 20, 2013 / 4:05 pm

Haha nope not a phase, he is going to be wearing red hoodies for the rest of his life mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha x

10. Lous Lake Views March 20, 2013 / 4:40 pm

phase…hmmm I’m not so sure. Once they get into clothes there’s no going back, some boys can be every bit as fussy as girls when it comes to fashion, they don’t usually start so young though! 🙂

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:14 pm

I never thought it would happen with him but its full blown strong will at the moment.

11. older mum in a muddle March 20, 2013 / 5:21 pm

They all do that don’t they – have one favourite item of clothing – Little A also had a red hoodie she just wouldn’t put down! X.

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:14 pm

It’s cute watching but can be so tiring too. I need to sneak it into the wash tonight!

12. Mirka Moore @Kahanka March 20, 2013 / 7:20 pm

A cute picture, I will never forget when Isabelle started choosing her own clothes…. it was so easy before, now soon turning 6, and so many times we like different things, not easy to accept she is growing up and makes her own decisions ;(

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:15 pm

I think that’s what took me by surprise, the whole decision making thing!

13. Funky Wellies March 20, 2013 / 8:27 pm

Yes, it is a phase… but some last longer than others! ;o) This red hoodie looks great on him.

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:16 pm

Thank you. Guess its lucky yes picked a nice looking top at least!

14. HelpfulMum March 20, 2013 / 8:39 pm

Great picture. My little boy has always worn whatever we gave him. His sister on the other hand is a law unto herself!

• Notmyyearoff March 23, 2013 / 4:17 pm

Haha I think my z may be like your little girl!

15. Mammasaurus March 20, 2013 / 8:47 pm

Oh my yes, Scamp does the whole choosing what to wear thing – honestly you have never seen anything like the sort of odd mish mashes she comes up with!

16. fivegoblogging March 21, 2013 / 10:24 pm

Love his style! I suggest you get a duplicate hoodie just in case of laundry delays 🙂

17. Erica Price March 23, 2013 / 7:13 am

Red does suit him though so maybe he has a point. 😉