Packing for family holidays is never easy; there are just so many things to consider! The length of your stay, what you’ll be getting up to, the weather… the list is endless. That’s why, when embarking on the big kids holiday shop, it’s important to know what you’re going to buy before you start. Well, as daunting as this thought can be, never fear, as we’re here to lend a helping hand. Not sure what to pack in 2013? Here are our top suggestions to get your kids looking smart during holiday season.
If you want your little ones to be bang on trend in 2013 then you’ll be happy to hear that this won’t take too much effort to accomplish.
• Light materials and simple cuts are loved by designers at the moment; perfect for those days at the beach.
• Bright splashes of colour are also popular choices for little girls and boys. However, if you are brave enough to colour block, make sure you do it right.
• Don’t be too ambitious – your kids could be standing out from the crowd for all the wrong reasons.
• Keep it simple with the basics, and remember to take plenty of them (it’s better to be safe than sorry!)
For those days when you’re exploring the city or looking for some other adventure, it’s essential to make practicality a priority.
• If you’re going to be on your feet all day, then you need to ensure that everyone’s comfortable.
• For the girls, a great solution to this may be to invest in a few pairs of leggings. These are a simple addition to any combination, and are ideal for those cooler afternoons. Combine simple black leggings with a neon pink top or a pastel yellow number.
• Shorts or cut offs will suit all little adventurers for hot weather. Combine with cool vests and Tshirts.
For evening events, it’s tricky to know what to wear. Depending on where you’re heading to, the night time can obviously vary in temperature. So play it safe!
• We suggest smart casual outfits work best, coupled with a simple cardigan for the girls and a light jacket for the boys.
• Bold prints are a stylish way to create impact whilst remaining quite formal. Perhaps for the boys, opt for a striking striped tee with some smart beige chinos. Lovely.
• Floral detail is once again a favourite with designers for the girly girl. Or leggings and a smart tops for those that prefer something less dainty.