Dearest Toddler – Aged 2 and 5 Months

Hello Little Z,

I made a bit of a boo boo last month. There I was typing merrily about how you had just turned 5 months old and thinking how you were almost at the “2 and a half” mark thinking how time flies! Then a couple of days later your Grandad slipped into conversation about how you’d just turned 2 years and 4 months!! Oops.

Can I blame baby brain?

Anyway, you are NOW 2 years and 5 months!

This month you’ve been enjoying the outdoors a lot more and have discovered the big climbing frame at the park I was trying to keep you away from. You’ve taken to it like a little monkey to a tree and I run around with my arms outspread just in case you slip.

I think I need to buy you a working toy camera of your own. You’ve been watching me using my new own and asking to have a go a lot. You do like looking at the viewfinder but I know you want to have a proper go since the day you came into the kitchen with my huge one, strap around your neck excitedly shouting “Look Mummy! I take picture!”.

I had to whip it off you very quickly. That’ll teach me for leaving it lying around.

You are on the verge of making a new friend but she hasn’t quite noticed you yet. Every time I drop you off to Nanny’s house we arrive at exactly the same time a very cute little girl is walking to nursery with her mum. You always stop whatever you’re doing and keep turning around to look at her or you stop and watch her until she’s completely walked past. Every so often you even wave. I watch this every day as does the little girls mum, who always smiles back. The little girl, however, seems in a little world of her own and hasn’t waved back yet. I’m sure she will sometime soon though!

So until next time Little Z…Mwah!

Dearest Toddler Aged 2 and 5 monthsa

Wot So Funee?

Mammasaurus

1. Sarah MumofThree World May 20, 2013 / 8:32 am

So cute! Hope the little girl waves back soon! I think it’s VTech that do the kids’ cameras? My daughter had one a few years back and had a lot of fun with it. And when she’s doing the monkey bars in the park I still hover under her, just in case!

2. Louise May 20, 2013 / 9:30 am

Aw cute – that girl needs to wake up and notice your boy 🙂 x

3. Mummy of Two May 20, 2013 / 10:20 am

I think you can be forgiven, it gets so hard to keep up doesn’t it! It’s very cute when they start making new friends isn’t it 🙂

4. shahnaz May 20, 2013 / 10:42 am

so cute…..bless #magicmoments

5. LauraCYMFT May 20, 2013 / 11:37 am

Aww sweet. Bet she’ll notice him one day 🙂

6. Jaime Oliver May 20, 2013 / 11:53 am

I love these posts honey its such a lovely way to remember the stages they were at and at what age!

Thanks for linking up with #magicmoments

7. Mummy Wife Woman May 20, 2013 / 12:57 pm

such a lovely post. let us know when she notices him 🙂 awwwww xx

8. sarahhillwheeler May 20, 2013 / 5:07 pm

It is lovely when they start to make new friends…sure she’ll notice him soon! I can recomment the Vtech camera (not on commission) as my son had loads of fun with it, and it kept him off my phone!

9. Louise May 20, 2013 / 8:53 pm

A lovely post. My eldest was 2 and 5 months when I had my 2nf son so I kinda feel like I missed a few months of him. He seemed so big when his baby brother arrived yet really he was still very small himself. I think I ex

• Louise May 20, 2013 / 8:54 pm

… Expected more of him than his age could manage! X

10. jenny paulin May 20, 2013 / 9:12 pm

V Tech do a kiddies camera – be well worth encouraging his interest
    so Z has a little girlfriend hey? that’s so cute. although maybe a bit unrequited at the moment awww x x

11. Xandi | The Mummy Scripts May 20, 2013 / 10:15 pm

How cute is little Z! I bet she’s being all coy… probably building up the courage to wave back, he will be super excited when she does! x ps – l always get the months wrong too!

12. Andrew May 20, 2013 / 11:24 pm

Ah how sweet! we live next door to a family who have a little girl about the same age as our son… who here can say ‘arranged marriage’?

13. older mum in a muddle May 21, 2013 / 8:34 am

Oh how sweet is that…. a little girl has charmed Z already, stolen his heart. Love that you forget his exact age – that made me laugh.

14. farfromhomemama May 21, 2013 / 11:34 am

From now on, you should just write Dear Toddler and give the age a miss. If it makes you feel any better, I never know how old either of mine are until I look on the calendar. I’m useless.

15. Actually Mummy... May 21, 2013 / 12:04 pm

So sweet! I hope his friend reciprocates soon! And I can totally recommend a Kidizoom – you could have ours, but it’s pink…

16. Emma May 21, 2013 / 1:54 pm

Awww lovely! I hope you get a wave back soon. xx

17. Sonya Cisco May 21, 2013 / 8:39 pm

He will be fighting the girls off in no time! 😉

18. Scottish Mum May 21, 2013 / 9:22 pm

Awww, I hope the wee girl notices his soon. I remember when mine were that little.

19. Charly Dove May 21, 2013 / 10:02 pm

Aww that’s so lovely, I’m sure it won’t be long before Little Z’s friend notices him. Good luck with finding a camera, we should probably do the same 🙂

20. Jess @ Catch A Single Thought May 22, 2013 / 8:45 am

Meg has one of those vtech cameras which is surrounded by rubber in case she drops it. She’s had it since her second birthday and is just about getting the hang of it now!

Happy 2 years and 5 months to Z!

21. Susan Mann May 22, 2013 / 11:24 am

So cute, hope she waves back soon x

22. Ruth's all sorts May 22, 2013 / 1:04 pm

Ah we have the climbing frame thing too. My toddler is 2 years 4 months now (I just had to work that out using my fingers to count months 😉 )

23. Jenny @ The Brick Castle May 22, 2013 / 3:12 pm

Three of our children have birthdays 26th, 27th and 29th, I always have to stop and think about that one for far too long! At nearly 2 1/2 I think you’re allowed to not be spot on :p

24. I heart Motherhood May 22, 2013 / 9:09 pm

aww cute! My heart is always in my mouth when I see the kids walking around with something high value I’ve left lying around! I hope the little girl waves back soon! x

25. Angel May 23, 2013 / 10:41 pm

Aaw how cute is little Z! Hope he gets his little wave back soon x

26. Mammasaurus May 27, 2013 / 5:41 pm

Ah watching one’s child makes their first friends is a glorious thing!
    Thank you for linking up to the Monday Parenting Pin-It Party, I’m following you (http://pinterest.com/loveallblogs ) and off to take a peek at your boards now x

27. TheBoyandMe June 3, 2013 / 9:37 am

I love your Dearest Toddler posts, they’re so heartfelt and show a wonderful progression. The Boy has just started wanting to take photos with my dSLR and he’s so funny holding this huge camera!