When Turkey Was Thrilled To See Me

There is a group here in Turkey that is delighted that I’ve landed. That would be the entire insect population of the holiday resort we are at.

After days of scratching and being covered in bumps I paid a visit to the Doctor who informed me I am allergic to the insects here.

Lovely.

Little Z and OH have escaped completely as they seem to prefer feasting on just me. They don’t even seem to mind my scary hair that now resembles an unravelled birds nest. (As Monica from Friends would say “It’s the humidity!!”). I look more sun dried than sun kissed.

I don’t mind though. I still look (sort of) glamorous sat on my sun lounger mentally making my most important decision of the day; would it bad if I had 3 desserts?

Little Z is absolutely loving it and I think he would like us to live here permanently. His most favourite thing ever is the evening entertainment that he refers to as “Dancing”. We get asked a few times a day, “We going dancing??”. You can see the disappointed on his face every time we promise “Later”. Once he even had a full blown tantrum because, to him” the concept of “Later” means about 30 seconds after he’s been told. The dance troupe that performs here wave to him each night and toss him playfully in the air. I think they have taken as he insists on dancing on the floor directly in front of them each night. He then has his own dance on the stage as people are leaving for the night whilst OH and I wait patiently, flagging, and try to coax him off. Little Z is never to tired though and simply points to other parties we pass on the way back to our room. We think we have a party animal on our hands.

Of course, the restaurant staff are amazing too but the best thing ever is the continuous tantrums and the cries of, other, annoyed children in the restaurants. This fills me with genuine relief and ease. I don’t stress about Little Z acting up, not that he does too often, and being in the company of others that don’t bat an eyelid at a small child having a Defcon 1 level meltdown is pure bliss.

So life has slowed down for a week and whilst I scratch myself away to nothing and try to make my hair look presentable. I’m pretty sure there is a hair pin up there that’s trying to escape.

Wish You Were Here…

20130615-105849.jpg

1. Mum2BabyInsomniac June 15, 2013 / 10:20 am

Yes! So jealous, I would love to be there. It’s cold and rainy here, as per usual! x

2. Judith June 15, 2013 / 10:14 pm

Ohhh that looks amazing. Although I don’t envy you the insect bites. I am a mosquito-magnet myself, and so is my husband, so on holiday we always get seriously punctured by the little wretches.

My son loves dancing as well, I’m sure Turkey would be his dream holiday!

3. Sarah MumofThree World June 16, 2013 / 6:29 am

It sounds amazing, glad Z is enjoying it so much, although sorry to hear you are allergic to the insects 🙁 That’s very annoying!

4. Sonya Cisco June 16, 2013 / 7:40 am

Haha sounds like he is going to go into showbusiness! Get him some tap shoes!

5. Erica Price June 16, 2013 / 7:57 am

Sounds wonderful despite the insects. We went on holiday to Thailand when H was 10 months & the musicians sang Puff the Magic Dragon for him every night.

6. Suzanne June 17, 2013 / 8:06 am

This place looks gorgeous! We have had many family holidays in Turkey – such a great place for sunshine….and insects 😉 I hope your hair is calming down (although I know it won’t, mine always goes like that in dry heat!). Have fun 🙂

7. 3yearsandhome June 17, 2013 / 9:03 am

Despite your new found friends, I really wish I was there with you. My body is crying out for a holiday … a bit of lying by the pool, the odd cocktail, dinner cooked for me every night. Bliss! Can’t believe you’re coming to the end though. It’s gone so quick.

8. shahnaz June 17, 2013 / 9:38 am

Looks amazing x Have a great time x

9. Karen June 17, 2013 / 10:14 am

Sounds like you had a good week, but I am sorry about the bites and reaction to it, that sounds horrible. Hope it’s subsided soon!

10. Jaime Oliver June 17, 2013 / 2:15 pm

so pleased you had such a fab time even though you got eaten alive!! I am the only one in our family who get s eaten too!

Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

11. Mummy Wife Woman June 17, 2013 / 2:17 pm

I feel your pain with the insects, I too am a magnet for them, summer usually revolves around being eaten alive most nights!
    Lovely #magicmoment

12. Mummy of Two June 17, 2013 / 7:27 pm

Sorry the insects are loving you but sounds like you are having a fab time despite that! Enjoy the rest of your holiday, I’m not jealous at all!

13. Susan Mann June 19, 2013 / 12:18 pm

Looks amazing, hope youre having a great time x

14. Kriss MacDonald June 19, 2013 / 9:48 pm

Ah holidays – frizz, insects, tantrums but still blissful!