Working Out and Going To Work

If you read my blog you’ll know Little Z loves dancing. It’s his favourite thing in the whole wide world at the moment and I think it would give The Muppets movie a run for its money. In fact, you won’t see my son walk anywhere. When not dashing somewhere in a rush, he will skip or dance his way to his destination. Always prepared. Always ready to bust a move.

He has been loving how I’ve started exercising (That’s right. Don’t laugh. I’ve just started doing the Sleek Technique and am really liking it. Well, as much as anyone as unfit as me can enjoy exercise I mean).

He joins in with all the vigour an energetic toddler can muster, which is a lot, and bounces around me as I stretch and crunch and will those abs to turn all slender and sleek and mostly just flatter than they are right now. Of course he will more often than not, land on top of me and any peeping Tom at my window would understandably mistake it for wrestling. (Thankfully we don’t have any peeping Toms. Being winded by a toddler constantly is embarrassing enough without having spectators giggling around your front garden). On the positive side he does encourage me to keep going by mostly shouting “Come on Mummy. Dance!!” as I collapse in a heap from my 8th sit up. My very own free personal trainer.

Although something’s happened this week that could hinder his personal training position slightly. He must have seen the state of the economy, all the cuts proposed in the recent spending review and my own take on it and decided he should help. Yesterday, on our way out he declared “I’m going to work!” and wouldn’t leave without his toy laptop.

Ahh it would be fine, we thought, we’ll just leave it in the car. It turns out he has a strong work ethic. He insisted on carrying it around the shops as he danced along the aisles and telling anyone that asked that he was, indeed, going to work.

We haven’t yet worked out what he does at work.

1. Mummy of Two July 1, 2013 / 1:56 pm

Bless him, so sweet! I love the little ideas they get, my Little Mr is always offering to give us pennies to pay for things!

2. MsXpat July 1, 2013 / 2:28 pm

:0) too cute. nice that work out looks great, nice tone and not too much muscle very feminine

3. Foz July 1, 2013 / 5:12 pm

Oh that is just too cute!!

You have reminded me that I really should start exercising!

4. Misty July 1, 2013 / 5:13 pm

That so sweet haha! So cute when they get little ideas x

5. Charlotte July 1, 2013 / 6:30 pm

Great post! I love that he told everyone he was going to work. 🙂 x

6. Mumof2 July 1, 2013 / 8:02 pm

Too cute! I say let him go to work…with the hoover, mop…. (just kidding) x

7. Mark July 1, 2013 / 8:41 pm

Lovely post. My youngest has decided dancing is the way forward. Yesterday I noticed him copying my every move, and with it I realised his future as a dancer is severely hindered by my technique of flailing limbs.

8. Jaime Oliver July 1, 2013 / 10:43 pm

I love it!! he is such a character! and well done you on your exercising! thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

9. Jess @ Catch A Single Thought July 2, 2013 / 2:48 pm

Bless him! Meg always puts a bowl on her head and announces she is going to work…funny what they think our work looks like!!

Well done on your exercising too. I’ve just started the 30 day shred and am just about getting into the swing of it now.

10. Katie @mummydaddyme July 2, 2013 / 10:28 pm

Mads totally does this too- She sits at Mr E’s computer and says I am working. We ask her what does she do and she just repeats herself! Well done on working out- I need to do this so badly! x

11. Sara (@mumturnedmom) July 3, 2013 / 3:43 am

That’s so funny – I love kids random takes on ‘grown ups’ and what we do! Brilliant 🙂

12. AtoZ Mummy July 3, 2013 / 7:01 am

Absolutely loved this – really made me giggle!! Glad to hear he has such a strong work ethic lol!!

13. Charly Dove July 3, 2013 / 11:56 am

Your Z and my POD are definitely twins in the making – she loves dancing too! She’s not taken it to the streets yet though. That must have been really helpful having him say “Come on Mummy. Dance” hilarious! I love that he’s off to work already too – very resourceful 🙂

14. Franglaise Mummy July 3, 2013 / 2:20 pm

Ah, the innocence of youth. He wouldn’t be saying that if he knew what work entailed 😉

15. older mum in a muddle July 4, 2013 / 8:14 pm

Brilliant! I just love that he picked up his ‘laptop’ and announced he was going to work. They are so funny aren’t they? X.

16. Erica Price July 5, 2013 / 7:04 am

Pity he isn’t earning any money at ‘work’.

17. TK July 5, 2013 / 2:55 pm

That’s so cute! My toddler just started showing his interest in dancing too, and almost everything else he sees Daddy do (which is good and bad at the same time)! Here from #PoCoLo

18. Louise @ All The Camping Gear July 5, 2013 / 8:11 pm

Love it! Buddy loves to dance (although not that much!) and we giggled as he pranced around the supermarket singing “Walks Like Rhianna” this week. I love their concept of “work” especially as I work from home so my two can’t figure out what I do!

19. jenny paulin July 5, 2013 / 10:32 pm

this is soo funny i can just picture him dancing and laughing at you lol
    Jenson has recently taken to going to work in his office with his phone which means sitting at his table in the playroom, with an old keyboard and his toy phone and he says he is at work like daddy hee hee
    cute x

20. Jane July 6, 2013 / 4:23 pm

How sweet, I need to start getting fit and was put off with what Ethan would do, perhaps I should just give it a go!

21. Verily Victoria Vocalises July 6, 2013 / 5:46 pm

Bless him, that is so very cute. I love that he has his own laptop – maybe he is creating a dance academy on there?! Thanks for linking to PoCoLo lovely x

22. Emily Tealady July 7, 2013 / 11:35 am

Aw this made me smile! I wish work were as easy as carrying around your laptop! #pocolo

23. Lorraine (Gin & Cornflakes) July 8, 2013 / 8:33 am

That’s brilliant. Mine was the same but at her table and chairs… the novelty will wear off… 🙂 x