Things Little Z Says

As we hurricane through toddlerdom I’ve found that Little Zs speech is coming on leaps and bounds. Literally. One day it’s all status quo and then he surprises us the next by saying something that seems beyond his 2.5ish years. It’s reassuring in a way to know that once he starts preschool he’ll be able to communicate “properly” in the big world out there.

These are some of the things he’s been entertaining us with over the last few weeks:

When it’s nap time
To my dad: “I’m going to my room now to sleep. But I’ll come back. So stay here.
(His room is actually my parents bedroom which he’s now declared as his own)

Whenever he leaves somewhere
“See you To-Mo-Mow!”

Conversation between my niece and Little Z
Niece: “What’s your mummy’s name?”
Little Z: “Ummm…Mummy!”
Niece: “No, it’s Auntie”
Little Z: “O, Auntie”
Niece: “And your Daddy’s name is Uncle”

That night…
To his dad: “Hello uncle!”

When I’m crying from chopping onions
Little Z: “What’s the matter mummy?”
Me: “My eyes hurt”
Little Z: “Wash it wash it! Wash it with bubbles”
Me: “Okay then” [pretends to wash eyes] Little Z: “All better now?”
Me: “Yep thank you baby”
Little Z: “Welcome. Hug?”

Anyone who asks the following annoying question: “Are you Mummy’s baby or Daddy’s baby?”
Little Z: “I Mummy baby AND Daddy baby!”
Well trained

And about his new absolutely favourite shoes ever. In the whole wide world.

Little Z: “Look at my Thomas. Do you like my Thomas?”

20130908-225428.jpg

1. David September 9, 2013 / 3:04 am

Great isn’t it? I find it hilarious listening to them as they can make up the funniest things, or have impressive insight into something you didn’t think they even knew existed.

2. Sarah MumofThree World September 9, 2013 / 6:22 am

So sweet! Especially telling you to wash your eyes, it’s lovely that he was so concerned.

3. Laura September 9, 2013 / 8:25 am

Isn’t this stage so great! My youngest was 2 in June and it amazes me with the words he knows! We are loving it 🙂

And those slippers are so cute.

4. Judith September 9, 2013 / 8:25 am

Oh how lovely!! The Boy has just discovered that Mummy and Daddy have names. I thought I’d lost ‘mummy’ altogether for a moment when he heard my parents call me by name. He called me “Jew-dith” all day, in the same sort of way that he calls me by the name of his latest favourite character. Thankfully I was back to Mummy thenext day…

5. Louise September 9, 2013 / 9:09 am

Ah bless. My son told his friend that his Daddy was 95 at the weekend!

6. HonestMum September 9, 2013 / 9:51 am

So flipping cute and definitely well trained! Before you know it, he’ll be outwitting you all and that’s when the fun begins…le sigh!

7. Veronica Cloudbusta September 9, 2013 / 10:10 am

They come out with such wonderful things at this stage! 🙂

8. shahnaz September 9, 2013 / 10:14 am

Aaah how sweet and funny…I love listening to kids conversations x

9. LauraCYMFT September 9, 2013 / 10:33 am

They are so cute when they start really talking and strigging sentences together. I love his Thomas slippers.

10. suzanne3childrenandit September 9, 2013 / 11:20 am

He sounds like such an adorable little chap! Loving the Thomas slippers 🙂

11. Tom September 9, 2013 / 11:24 am

It’s great when they start stringing words together and it never ceases to amaze me how many they know. I love the way they casually drop new words into conversation as if they’ve been using them for ages! 🙂

12. 3yearsandhome September 9, 2013 / 1:25 pm

I love the quirky things they come out with. It’s started noting them down too. Cute 🙂

13. wendy September 9, 2013 / 1:33 pm

ahhh so sweet, love the slippers xx

14. Jess @ Along Came Cherry September 9, 2013 / 1:36 pm

I love the things they say, Iyla has me in hysterics all the time at the moment. ‘Hello Uncle’ is so funny, they must fi d it so confusing! x

15. Erica Price September 9, 2013 / 2:11 pm

Very sweet. Love the mix up over mummy & daddy/aunt & uncle.

16. Susan Mann September 9, 2013 / 2:47 pm

Aww bless, he is just soooo cute. x

17. Mumof2.com September 9, 2013 / 2:49 pm

Kids say the cutest things and learning about family relationships is so tricky!

18. older mum in a muddle September 9, 2013 / 4:46 pm

What a sweetie pie. Little A used to say ‘tomorrow’ in a very similar fashion. X.

19. Mummy Morkus September 9, 2013 / 5:08 pm

This is so lovely! It is great that he is using all his language skills to make sense of the world around him. I can’t wait to understand what L is saying. Lots of baby talk and babble in my house so we insert our own jokes!

20. Jaime Oliver September 9, 2013 / 6:33 pm

awww he is so so cute, it sounds like some things that Joshua says. this age they do make me laugh! lol

Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

21. MummyTries September 9, 2013 / 7:09 pm

Oh that’s so sweet! I love it when you catch them having little conversations #MagicMoments

22. Nikki Thomas September 9, 2013 / 7:22 pm

That is just too cute! I love the eye washing, that is hilarious! It’s funny how they pick up these funny little phrases.

23. katie September 9, 2013 / 8:05 pm

Ahhh these are hilarious :-))

24. Charly Dove September 9, 2013 / 9:30 pm

Hilarious little Z is on top form with his conversational skills! POD is exactly the same, they do make me laugh. Brilliant post 🙂

25. Coombemill - Fiona September 9, 2013 / 11:31 pm

Love kids conversations, they can be so endearing and funny.

26. Nikki September 10, 2013 / 9:14 am

Aww I love it when they start to talk it’s so cute! Also love the Thomas shoes 🙂 My youngest loves Thomas 🙂

I am linking up via the Wots Do Funee this week x

27. AtoZ Mummy September 10, 2013 / 10:12 am

Awww he is so adorable! I love this stage when they’re starting to talk and it’s all so confusing yet exciting for them. I LOVE his Thomas! x

28. nylon living September 10, 2013 / 12:58 pm

so cute! the little gems they come up with only continue. I’ve started writign them down so I won’t forget. Also, my 7 year olds want to hear the silly things they said when they were “babies”. they crack themselves up with their own genius.

29. Charly Dove September 10, 2013 / 2:19 pm

Thought you might link this one up for Wot So Funee? Just added the time we took POD to a wedding *shudders*

30. Ruth's all sorts September 10, 2013 / 4:14 pm

Very cute 🙂 I think the different names thing for other mummies and daddies must be so confusing! We’ve had a couple of incidents like that, though not with family members, just other kids calling their mummy, mummy!

31. I heart Motherhood September 10, 2013 / 5:13 pm

oh goodness, too cute!! I love the things they come out with.

32. WallyMummy September 10, 2013 / 5:27 pm

So cute – yes, I love your Thomas… lol! xx #funee

33. Actually Mummy... September 10, 2013 / 9:33 pm

Aw you’re making me hanker after my babies 4 and 7 years ago now 🙁 I want another one!

34. Bex @ The Mummy Adventure September 10, 2013 / 11:27 pm

I love toddler speak, my 2 year old is coming out with some proper gems at the moment. x

35. Helen September 11, 2013 / 7:52 pm

That’s so incredibly sweet! He sounds like quite a character. I wish I’d written down what my two girls said when they were younger – it’s so quickly forgotten. Helen

36. Foz September 14, 2013 / 5:43 pm

Aww so cute what they say at times! So innocent too bless them.

37. Carolynne September 15, 2013 / 3:22 pm

That’s so sweet! My twins have just turned 4 and I wish I kept more of a record of all the little funny things they have said. I have a few written down that I will use in a post one day! Little ones are so hilarious aren’t they? Love the slippers x

38. TheBoyandMe September 16, 2013 / 1:36 pm

He is very diplomatic, isn’t he? The Boy knows full well he’s mummy’s baby!