Dearest Toddler – Aged 2 Years and 10 Months

Hello Little Z,

Another month has passed and you’re edging ever closer to the grand old age of 3. How on earth has that happened? I know I sound like a complete broken saying it but time really has flown by. It’s like yesterday you were jumping around very happily in your Jumperoo. Then I turnaround and you’re nearly ready for pre-school. I have almost accepted it in my head though, which is good. I think I was in denial about it for a bit.

You are becoming more and more of a chatterbox and your Daddy and I constantly remark how you must have taken after your Mummy / Daddy. You’re still very shy around strangers but you’re coming out of your shell slowly. Especially with the neighbour that lives opposite. Each morning we’re bundling you into the car as she is rushing out of her door to walk her four dogs with the big floppy ears. Each morning she calls out “Morning!” to you and you shout the same back to her. She’s not there when we come back but you always ask me where “Morning gone?”.

You’re becoming a bit more of a bossy boots and constantly telling us what order to do things in e.g “I have bath first then you can have shower, okay?”. Everything ends with “Okay?”. I know I should try to stop you from saying this but we just stifle our giggles mostly.

You’re also obsessed with fixing everything with the “screwdryer”, including my tummy on one ocassion when I was feeling really ill.

The last month has been really manic with Mummy’s work and there’s been a lot of times when Ive had to take calls with you around, so we’ve not spent as much time together as I’d like but I’m hoping it all sorts itself out soon. In the meantime I’ve been pondering about spending quality time together and making the most of it before you have to start school full time when you turn 5. I know that’s a couple of years off yet but I want to squeeze in as much fun as possible and have us all do brilliant memorable things together and, in a sense, live spontaneously, as much as we can.

Sounds lovely doesn’t it?

It took several versions of that speech to work on your Daddy. But after many passionate speeches we are going to Malaysia soon on holiday. That was the Plan B I was talking about last month. Exciting huh? You’ll love it! Apparently the flight is fairly lengthy in total but we’ll not think about that just yet. By the time we get back it’ll almost be time for our birthday. How exciting!

There’s also a little potential project brewing at the moment. It actually all started as a bit of a joke one night when I was working. It’s not quite sorted yet but I’ll tell you all about it next month if it does manifest. Actually, you’ll probably know the outcome from all my excited screaming!

You must be the only two year old I know that’s still not potty trained but I’m not that bothered yet. Seeing as you still constantly lie to me when I’ve asked if you’ve done a poo I don’t think you’re ready yet!

Oh, and that photo is of you playing with a bazillion ducks, I helped you make the nice neat line and then you wouldn’t let me put them away. Your Grandad bought a whole box of them that are meant to go into a ball pond and split them between you and your cousin A. We keep finding little ducks EVERYWHERE!

So until next time toddler…I mean, Little Z…Mwah!!

20131013-175232.jpg

Post Comment Love

The Fairy and the Frog

1. David October 14, 2013 / 2:23 am

That was nice 🙂 don’t worry about potty training. Olivia is one of the few from our group who still used nappies bit she isn’t ready and there’s no rush.

I believe it’s quite clear when they are ready.

2. Sarah MumofThree World October 14, 2013 / 6:58 am

I love ‘where Morning gone?’ So cute. I was amazed how many ducks he’s got! My eldest was 3 and 2 months when he was potty trained (my daughter was only 2 and 2 months!). They all manage it when they’re ready.

3. The Reading Residence (@ihavecards) October 14, 2013 / 7:26 am

I do love those ducks! And I think you’re doing the right thing leaving his potty training until you think he’s ready, rather than just because everyone else is doing it.

4. Only Best For Baby October 14, 2013 / 9:19 am

Beautiful post! Have a fantastic time on your holiday in Malaysia, you’ll have so much fun together 🙂

5. Charly Dove October 14, 2013 / 10:10 am

I do love your dearest toddler posts, they crack me up in parts too. I especially like “Mornings Gone”, “screwdryer” and everything ending with “Okay”. POD does the latter and if it’s not Okay, it’s “Yes” posed as a “don’t disagree with me Mummy” kind of statement. How fabulous you have a trip to Malaysia to look forward to and it sounds like you have some exciting plans in the pipeline too. Look forward to hearing about it. Thank you for sharing with #whatsthestory

6. 3yearsandhome October 14, 2013 / 10:16 am

Mine’ snot potty trained either and he’s going to be three at the weekend. We’ve had a couple of attempts (one at his insistence) but he hated it and cried to go back in nappies. He has an operatic coming up in a couple of weeks so I think we’ll wait until he’s recovered from that.

Very jealous about your big holiday. Don’t worry too much about the flight. CK has become a much better flier as he’s got older and there’s so much for them to look at. It’ll fly by.

7. wendy October 14, 2013 / 10:48 am

lovely post, have a fantastic holiday xx

8. MummyTries October 14, 2013 / 11:05 am

Such a sweet letter to your Little Man. Must say I’m very jealous about your holiday! Friends jetted off to Malaysia yesterday, must be the place to go 😉 Look forward to hearing more about your project #MagicMoments

9. Mumof2.com October 14, 2013 / 1:22 pm

Should take him duck racing with all those ducks! He would have a ball!

10. Actually Mummy... October 14, 2013 / 2:12 pm

Loving the screwdryer! And I want to know what your project is now!

11. LauraCYMFT October 14, 2013 / 2:12 pm

I’m excited to hear about your project!

12. Sara (@mumturnedmom) October 14, 2013 / 4:01 pm

We went to Malaysia on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! Loving screwdryer 🙂 #WhatstheStory #MagicMoments

13. Colette October 14, 2013 / 4:13 pm

Time goes so fast!
    You are going to love looking back on these posts in years to come though 🙂
    #magicmoments

14. Jaime Oliver October 14, 2013 / 4:56 pm

I so so love these round ups honey. They are so lovely to look back on and see how his development progressed 🙂

thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

15. Nell Heshram October 14, 2013 / 7:08 pm

You sound so proud! Must be all those damp screws you’ve managed to dry out with your unique gadget…..

16. Mummy of Two October 14, 2013 / 7:19 pm

Sounds like he is a great little chap! I really wouldn’t fret the potty training. We didn’t start my son properly until he was 3 as he just wasn’t ready. Good luck when you do decide to give it a go!

17. BlueBeretMum October 14, 2013 / 8:03 pm

Aw – so good to read this… Peanut is 18 months and I already started worrying about his potty training…even though it is a bit ahead of us! x

18. Kriss MacDonald October 14, 2013 / 10:00 pm

How lovely it will be to able to look back and see all the milestones and changes.
    #magicmoments

19. HonestMum October 14, 2013 / 10:42 pm

Just wonderful! Where can I get a box of baby ducks from! So lovely you have this post to look back on x

20. Pinkoddy October 15, 2013 / 8:57 am

You are right not to be bothered about the potty training – children who are about to start school (and some in school) still haven’t been so you have a long way to go yet.

21. shahnaz October 15, 2013 / 11:57 am

What a lovely post x I never pushed my boys into potty training x they just do it when they are ready x best way x

22. Katie @mummydaddyme October 15, 2013 / 8:59 pm

Your holiday sounds amazing- I am incredibly jealous! How lovely. And I still love this photo of him lining these ducks up- they are funny little creatures aren’t they?! x

23. Super Busy Mum {Debs} October 16, 2013 / 10:44 am

Lovely post…and the potty training thing? He’ll go when he is ready! My sons where all just over 3 before they where ready! But good luck when the time comes around!! #MagicMoments x

24. Oana79 October 17, 2013 / 1:29 pm

Hope your project will materialise as you hope and your travel will take place as planned. My little one didn’t want to hear about the potty till she was over 2 and then did it in a few day so never worry!

25. suzanne3childrenandit October 17, 2013 / 4:46 pm

He’s such a sweetie! Awesome that you’re going to Malaysia – I’m well jel! Don’t worry about him not being potty trained, you only ever hear about the ones who are! You’re not alone, trust me 🙂

26. older mum in a muddle October 17, 2013 / 6:14 pm

Bless his little cottons… ‘where morning gone’. Little A went through a big okay phase too. Okay? X

27. Charlotte October 17, 2013 / 7:17 pm

Love the photo! Bob isn’t potty trained yet either. I am posting our potty diaries in stages so on my blog at the moment it seems like she’s doing well but when we went on holiday it all went wrong. Malaysia sounds fab! How exciting! x

28. mrstutey October 18, 2013 / 7:12 am

aw love the update. 🙂 my oldest wasn’t potty trained until over 3. he’ll do it when he is ready.

#pocolo

29. Emma from LIFE AS IT IS October 18, 2013 / 7:15 am

Brilliant. Love the duck picture. Hope you have that up somewhere. Toddlers like order huh?! Enjoy Malaysia x

30. Erica Price October 18, 2013 / 7:21 am

Two is still very early on the potty training front. Wouldn’t worry till he is 3. They do say ‘Start at 2, end at 3. Start at 3, end at 3.’ We started at 3 years 2 months and it took 4 or 5 months. There’s no point starting too early to my mind.

31. welcome to the mummy madness October 18, 2013 / 7:37 am

How exciting a holiday, love all the ducks, kind of thing that happens to us buy something and it gets scattered across the house! Lovely insight into your month 🙂 x

32. Amanda October 18, 2013 / 10:21 am

A lovely post, love the ducks! Enjoy your holiday

33. Verily Victoria Vocalises October 18, 2013 / 12:34 pm

I really do adore this age 🙂 I’ve been following your dear toddler posts for a while now and Z really is getting so grown up! I agree, where does the time go?! Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

34. blueberetmum October 18, 2013 / 1:06 pm

Aw – would love to go to Malaysia… and want to hear more about the project! Curious now 🙂

35. Lilinha Espindula October 19, 2013 / 11:22 pm

Before little man was potty trained, I started to get worried whether he would ever do it, then my mum reminded me that she’s never seen any grown-up wearing nappies, so don’t worry, it will happen when the time is right! 🙂 x #PoCoLo

36. Jane October 22, 2013 / 11:17 am

I love these monthly updates, I hope you have a great holiday. Try not to think about the flight. Your project sounds interesting… ;0)