So last week we all piled into the same house to celebrate Eid. Little Z reunited with all his little cousins for an epic nap-less play day and everyone ate too much through the whole day.
There are always very cute Little Z moments that we always laugh about on the way home. Such as:
Watching Little Z tell a 6 month old baby boy to “say cheese!” when the camera was about. The little boy chuckling back at him amused.
Watching my cousin try to put Little Zs coat on him as he wriggled out of her arms at sonic speed.
And of course there are those slightly more potential stressful moments when you’re out of the comfort zone of your own home and in an unfamiliar environment, faced with the task of watching your toddler like a hawk eyed eagle for a pretty long day. It poses somewhat of an interesting challenge.
• You spend the entire day trying to get your excited toddler to eat something. He chooses to only stuff his face with all the sweet stuff.
• He becomes more bouncy as a result of all the sweet stuff
• You form a tag team with the hubby and try to keep an eye on him, around the 30 others
• Eventually he calmly plays with his other cousins and you leave him with the hubby downstairs as you have a chat with the other girls upstairs
• At this point the hubby thinks the exact same scenario is going on in reverse
• Your son comes running in to see you within minutes to tell you something excitedly. You can’t fully understand him but you know he’s having fun with all his cousins. He is making “Shhhhhhhhhhh!” noises and gesturing wildly. It’s very sweet to watch.
• He stays and finishes your cheesecake helpfully and then you both then wander on downstairs to rejoin the rest of the family.
• Your hubby informs you that during the period Little Z was neither up(stairs) nor down(stairs) he and his little motley crew had found a rogue air freshener can. Little Z had used the opportunity to use it as “hairspray” on his slightly younger cousin.
• Which explains all the excited descriptions of “Shhhhhhhhh!”
(No children were harmed during this incident. Little Z did insist on re-telling his “Shhhh” story repeatedly over the next 24 hours though).