The Little Boy in Blue

This weekend gone has been something everyone in my huge family has been looking forward to for about a year. It was my cousins wedding. Every weekend for a while has been filled with some kind of shopping and wedding related purchase whilst counting down to the big day saying “I can’t believe there’s only 4, 3 ,2 1 week to go”.

So it all started on Thursday and there has been something every night until the main day on Saturday evening. It was filled with bright vibrant colours, wonderful food, amazing desserts, very nice sweet tables and family and friends that haven’t seen each other since the last wedding a year ago.

Henna night

Of course, numerous evening events have played mini havoc with Little Z’s routine for a couple of days but he has loved every moment of it for various reasons. These are probably the highlights / lowlights (depending on how you look at it) of Little Z’s few days of fun.

1. Busting his dance moves on the dance floor with my uncle for most of the evening. They were not too dissimilar to a couple from Strictly come dancing with all their synchronised dance moves.

2. Watching the other half try to wrestle Little Z into his 3 piece suit. He looked adorable for all of the 20 minutes he kept it all on. I was quite impressed with that time. I’d secretly thought it would be off in about 10.

3. Have him tell you “I like my shuuuute”.

4. Watching him do laps of the wedding hall jacket-less, with his shirt untucked and tie randomly thrown over his shoulder. He spent most of that evening looking like he was swimming and rolling across the floor. His suit took the battering quite well.

5. Trying to stop him pulling his auntie’s (the brides!) dress constantly. To be fair it was ultra shiny so I don’t think this is technically his fault. Diving onto stage constantly (in heels) is a wee bit painful though.

6. Feeling a bit sorry for him after we successfully kept him in his high chair completely strapped down for about an hour. He did make an important discovery about the contents of favour boxes though so all was not lost.

7. Eventually resigning ourselves to the fact that toddlers need to run at weddings. It is toddler law.

8. Trying to pose for photos with a toddler that JUST DOES NOT WANT TO POSE. Wondering what the hell they’ll look like when they’re printed by the photographer. Wondering whether they will be edited out. Understandably.

9. Evesdropping on someone’s conversation as one lady points you out to her friend “You know that little boy in blue that did the little dance act, that’s his mum. He’s probably taken after her uncle”.

We think she may be right.

little boy in blue

1. Sarah MumofThree World November 4, 2013 / 7:31 am

Oh dear! That final comment must have stung! (I’m sure everyone at our dance school says same about daughter and me!) Sounds like a thoroughly entertaining weekend though 🙂

2. Karen November 4, 2013 / 7:37 am

Sounds like it was an amazing time, and that it all went pretty well with a small boy in tow. I’ve done a few weddings with my children and it’s always a little challenging in parts but fun. Lovely photos.
    Karen recently posted…A weekend alone!My Profile

3. 3yearsandhome November 4, 2013 / 8:42 am

That sounds BRILLIANT!! I have been positively drooling over the sweet table after seeing the photos on Instagram. And you’re right, sometimes, especially at weddings, you just have sit back and let it happen. There’s only so many times you can try to intervene and most people really don’t mind a smiling, dancing, floor-sliding toddler.
    3yearsandhome recently posted…Knock knock, Mr. SquirrelMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff November 11, 2013 / 6:33 am

So true. We did get a bit stressed about it all first. Then we let him strip down to just his shirt and go nuts!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…The Extension of MeMy Profile

4. Nikki Thomas November 4, 2013 / 7:46 am

Oh bless him! It is all too much for them really but it sounds like he had a great time! That took me back to when the teen was a toddler and we went to a wedding and he spent the whole time running around showing his belly to the world; even during the speeches, it was hilarious looking back. I hope you managed to enjoy yourself too?
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…‘Tis the season to buy presentsMy Profile

5. Jaime Oliver November 4, 2013 / 9:19 am

wow what an amazing event and i have to say i love the fact that it really is such a massive thing to have a wedding, I now know where these pics of those amazing sweeties come from! lol

thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…Magic Moments 4/11/13My Profile

6. karen Bell November 4, 2013 / 9:19 am

The photos look amazing, everything so bright and colourful.
    Love watching children dancing 🙂
    #Magicmoments
    karen Bell recently posted…Fireworks artMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff November 11, 2013 / 6:37 am

I love the vibrancy of it all but you do feel it for days to come (or I’m just getting on a bit :))
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…The Extension of MeMy Profile

7. Coombemill - Fiona November 4, 2013 / 10:34 am

I remember you saying it was a great but busy and tiring weekend. Looks wonderful and I adore all the rich colors in the photos. Popping over from What’s the Story & Magic Moments
    Coombemill – Fiona recently posted…Coombe Mill Farm does HalloweenMy Profile

8. shahnaz November 4, 2013 / 11:21 am

Sounds amazing x I love his outfit especially the colour x

9. anna November 4, 2013 / 11:43 am

love the photos!

10. Mummy of Two November 4, 2013 / 1:08 pm

Children will be children, even at weddings! Sounds like an amazing day and the colours are just beautiful!
    Mummy of Two recently posted…A family of ReindeerMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff November 11, 2013 / 6:42 am

So true. I think it’s better for nerves in general it’s better to just let them play as they want!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…The Extension of MeMy Profile

11. sarahhillwheeler November 4, 2013 / 1:49 pm

What lovely colours! Have yet to take J to a wedding, but he is down as usher for this cousins…..we are secretly hoping he “matures” a bit before then!
    sarahhillwheeler recently posted…More important than socksMy Profile

12. Erica Price November 4, 2013 / 2:55 pm

The wedding looks gorgeous: a real riot of colour. Kids do seem to tear around at weddings don’t they? I think you’re right it is the law. 😉
    Erica Price recently posted…Reading Chapter BooksMy Profile

13. MummyTries November 4, 2013 / 3:23 pm

Sounds like you had a great time hon. Little Z is so lucky to have a massive family and G. Uncles to bust shapes with on the dancefloor. I bet he loved every second! And yes it is toddler law to run around at weddings 😉
    MummyTries recently posted…My NCT Friends #MagicMomentsMy Profile

14. Charly Dove November 4, 2013 / 4:06 pm

This looks like the best party ever!!! So glad you had such a wonderful time. I love that Z kept himself entertained as only a toddler can and running is definitely law! Brilliant post. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

15. Lou's Lake Views November 4, 2013 / 6:12 pm

Awww I love his shuuuute too! How lovely to stretch the even out over so many days so you can all spend so much time together as a family. Your photo’s are very beautiful.
    Lou’s Lake Views recently posted…Magic Moments – CommencementMy Profile

16. Tracie West November 4, 2013 / 6:38 pm

that wedding looked gorgeous!

17. Katie November 4, 2013 / 10:59 pm

Sounds like so much fun (well sort of!) I have done my fair share of weddings with a very active toddler and they take on a whole new meaning. I think you are right though you juts need to accept it and get on with it! x
    Katie recently posted…Is swearing in front of your kids ever ok?My Profile

18. Mama Syder November 4, 2013 / 11:02 pm

Sounds like you had a great time. Love all the vibrant colours x
    Mama Syder recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

19. Katie @mummydaddyme November 4, 2013 / 11:58 pm

It looks like it was a beautiful wedding and Z seems to have got into the spirit well. 😉

20. Loubelle November 4, 2013 / 11:43 pm

I don’t think a wedding is complete until a toddler/ small child has done a bit of sliding across the dance floor. It is compulsory!

21. Beadzoid November 5, 2013 / 2:53 pm

Cheeky toddlers is indeed the law! What beautiful colours – looks like a fantastic day.
    Beadzoid recently posted…Magic Moments: Little sister & I.My Profile

22. Lilinha Espindula November 7, 2013 / 12:09 am

Loving the beautiful photos, I am sure you had a lovely time at the wedding. #whatsthestory #magicmoments x

23. older mum in a muddle November 7, 2013 / 9:48 am

Beautiful photographs – fabulous colours. What a lovely time was had. Toddlers running riot is the law! Love his blue outfit. X

24. Emma November 8, 2013 / 10:16 am

It sounds amazing, the photos are lovely! I adore his outfit too, so cute! 🙂
    Emma recently posted…Oh Vienna…My Profile

25. Sarahmumof3 November 9, 2013 / 9:34 pm

looks like everyone had a lovely time, its always special when families get together 🙂
    Sarahmumof3 recently posted…Secondary school – growing upMy Profile

26. sarah November 10, 2013 / 7:51 am

sounds like a lot of fun! yes it is the toddler law..but then they do that everywhere right?