Petronas Towers – Kuala Lumpur

Its hard to believe that the Petronas Towers looks likes this in real life but it really does. It’s amazing by night and I’d highly recommend going to see it after sunset when all their lights go on. It is well worth a visit in the day time though so a mid afternoon visit is good. The towers contain a whole host of things. The first few floors are shops, everything from high street to the designer brands to exclusive boutiques you wouldn’t really in England. There’s also a cinema and you could quite easily spend a good few hours in there. Most of remainder of the floors are offices and you will regularly see daily droves of office workers coming in and out of the building. And of course, the top couple of floors are for visitors.

If you do want to visit then the best thing is to buy tickets in advance just so you can pick the best time for you and your family. Buying on the fly is a bit risky as we tried it and couldn’t get in. It’s very family friendly too. We took a 2 year old Little Z with us and he darted about all over the place on the connecting bridge. It’s ultra safe but can be slightly nerve wracking as its all very very clear thick see through glass. The sights are amazing though and there is a tour guide who will point out all the history of the constuction as well as the key sights to look out for.

Petronas

1. Sarah MumofThree World November 16, 2013 / 3:22 pm

Wow! That is stunning! How high is it?
    (Knew I was going to get serious envy when I clicked on this!)
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Toilet humourMy Profile

2. FireBonnet November 17, 2013 / 2:25 am

Wow!!!!! That is super cool. The building, the lighting, the shot itself. Incredible. I’m so glad I stopped by.
    FireBonnet recently posted…Silent Sunday: 11.17.13My Profile

3. Lou's Lake Views November 17, 2013 / 2:37 am

Damn, I wish I’d paid more attention in English because words like ‘awesome’ and ‘stunning’ don’t seem to do this photo justice. Absolutely Breathtaking
    Lou’s Lake Views recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

4. Caz Stone November 17, 2013 / 7:49 am

They look like beautiful art deco candlesticks….if I think of them as buildings then they trigger vertigo.
    Caz Stone recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

5. jenny paulin November 17, 2013 / 7:52 am

wowsers thats such an impressive building isnt it?? are you in the Far East then? sorry i am waaaay out of the twitter loop! hope you are enjoying yourselves x
    jenny paulin recently posted…My Week That Was #46 (Project 365)My Profile

6. Kizzy November 17, 2013 / 8:40 am

What an amazing shot, did you go to the top?
    Kizzy recently posted…#SilentSundayMy Profile

7. Charly Dove November 17, 2013 / 8:54 am

Wow impressive. I hope you’re having the best time over there 🙂
    Charly Dove recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

8. Mary @AsturianDiary November 17, 2013 / 9:04 am

Wow. What a photo. Absolutely stunning. Hope you’re having a fab time! x
    Mary @AsturianDiary recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

9. Emma November 17, 2013 / 10:43 am

Such a cool building! Love the shot! 🙂
    Emma recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

10. helloitsgemma November 17, 2013 / 3:05 pm

Love how you’ve framed them in the photo, they positively glow from the shot. Am guessing from the comments you are there. Which is a total wow in it’s self. Have fun.
    helloitsgemma recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

11. kateonthinice November 17, 2013 / 6:12 pm

Such a striking image
    kateonthinice recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

12. MummaG November 17, 2013 / 7:36 pm

Wonderful photo, I remember them well. Did you go up to the observation deck?

13. Expatmammy November 17, 2013 / 8:40 pm

Beautiful, love KL, we spent a few days of our honeymoon there
    Expatmammy recently posted…Silent sundayMy Profile