Remembering Kerry – Family Frolics

I first “met” Kerry online, via her Multiplemummy blog. Three years ago I was a newbie in the blogging world and hers was one that was instantly memorable and so brightly coloured with a backdrop of very vibrant octopus, dummies, bottles,teddies…all children and family related. She always appeared happy and always on the go. Her posts were always filled with little stories of her twins and little boy and always centered around her family. The one and only time I met her was at Britmums 2012 when she was having a lot of fun jumping in and out of a photo booth and taking some very funny and happy photos. She was always kind online and in real life and her Family Frolics linky was something that always motivated people to get out and about and do something with the family.

The effect she’s had in the blogosphere is both surreal and so impressive. She’s touched people that she knows, bloggers she only ever met online and bloggers that have only heard about her after her passing. She really did have a unique energy about her and I will always remember her whenever I see a Silent Sunday post from Nick, whenever the MAD blog awards come around and whenever I see Science Sparks post the latest little experiment little people can try.

Her husband Nick has put together an amazing little video remembering Kerry a year on and its very lovely and very touching. Its made me look back at our own little family frolics through the year and acted as a little reminder for us too. About how important those little family moments are. About how time is precious for us all and how we should make the most of it.

So for 2014 we will

Enjoy the snow and try not to complain about how cold it is…

January

Go for lots of walks whenever we can…

Tunnel

Make new friends…

March Dinosaur

And play a LOT….

July

This post has been written in remembrance of Multiple Mummy who died on 14th December 2012.

1. suzanne3childrenandit December 23, 2013 / 10:05 am

What a very special post. I never met Kerry but she sounded like an amazing person who touched the hearts of so many. x
    suzanne3childrenandit recently posted…A Premature DeathMy Profile

2. Afra December 23, 2013 / 9:29 am

A beautiful post. I never knew her but the emotion as her friends remembered her at Britmum’s 2013 was incredibly moving. A wonderful tribute.

3. Dean December 23, 2013 / 11:00 am

This is a lovely and touching way to remember a beautiful person. Sadly, I didn’t get the chance to “meet” her online.
    Dean recently posted…What It’s All AboutMy Profile

4. Charly Dove December 23, 2013 / 11:05 am

What a wonderful post Tas. Kerry sounded like such a special person who did so much for so many. I love the video Nick put together, it’s beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

5. Katie @mummydaddyme December 24, 2013 / 4:24 pm

I think about Kerry often, such an incredibly cruel loss to her family. she has changed me as a parent too. x

6. Actually Mummy... December 26, 2013 / 11:59 pm

Whenever I read about Kerry it always fills me with renewed passion for spending good quality time with my family. If that’s her legacy then I’m sure she would be proud

7. Pinkoddy December 27, 2013 / 8:35 pm

Such a lovely post – Kerry would love it and leave such a fantastic comment wouldn’t she. I never got to meet her offline but online she was always so warm and supportive, she really welcomed me into the blogging community.

8. Franglaise Mummy December 28, 2013 / 10:46 pm

A beautiful post, I never met her but everything I hear about her sounds incredible, what a wonderful and wise lady. Reading all the posts in memory to her these last few days/weeks has made me concentrate more on my own family too, so I’d say that’s a pretty good legacy.
    Franglaise Mummy recently posted…How not to look like a knackered mummyMy Profile

9. Tarana December 29, 2013 / 5:09 pm

I never had the honour of ‘knowing’ Kerry, but I have seen so many tributes to her that I believe she was a wonderful person.

I love your pictures in this post because they show how simple things can be so much fun!
    Tarana recently posted…Posts you liked the most in 2013!My Profile

10. Jess @ Along Came Cherry December 29, 2013 / 7:48 pm

Ah such a lovely post. I think about Kerry and her family all the time, what happened was just so sad and it makes me try to appreciate every moment with my family, even the stressful ones x
    Jess @ Along Came Cherry recently posted…A Snotty, Coughy ChristmasMy Profile

11. TheBoyandMe May 7, 2014 / 9:39 pm

I think you’ve mentioned the really important points here; engage in the world and don’t complain about the grottiness. And play. And LAUGH!

Thanks for writing this post to remember Kerry, apologies for the mammoth delay in commenting but life raced along at a ridiculous pace!
    TheBoyandMe recently posted…Bank Holiday Treats (Review)My Profile