Birthday Parties and Bouncy Castles

20140413-222016.jpg

We have reached the stage where Little Zs social calendar is a lot better than ours. To be fair ours has been pretty non existent for the last few years bar nights out where we behave like naughty panicked teens rushing back at lightning speed in order not break the babysitting curfew.

Little Z on the other hand is now enjoying extra curricular activities outside of nursery that mainly consists of football, the park, feeding the ducks that really shouldn’t be fed and what seems like a never ending stream of birthday parties. The Other Half and I are contemplating buying shares at Argos considering the amount we’re panic buying from there.

This weekend we were a bit more organised and off we trundled to the next party. This time Little Z was slightly amazed at the sight that beheld him. A big, bright, extremely colourful and very inflated bouncy castle.

He stared for a bit and watched some of the more experienced children clamber on and bounce away. The first 10 times I asked if he wanted a go I got a resounding “NO!” and he instead opted to hover about 3 cm away from me eyeing up the huge, slightly shaky looking, castle with suspicion. He briefly braved it for about 30 seconds when I offered to go on with him but quickly decided he hated the sensation and planted himself back into terra firma and refused point blank after that.

With the noise of 20+ 3 year olds resonating around the house it felt like this was going to be one looooong party. The temptation to tuck into the birthday cake at lightning speed was pretty strong!

Lucky for me it wasn’t long before Happy Birthday was sung and the cake was cut. Little Z turned to me as soon as the candles were blown and requested “My turn now?”. Thankfully he didn’t protest too loudly when I said not today.

As I got distracted by the very nice fresh cream cake and party nibbles I glanced out into the garden and saw Little Z bouncing away happily on the castle with the rest of the children. Not only that but he was attempting to run straight into the sides of the walls to ricochet straight of them. Uh oh.

20140413-223136.jpg

He looked delighted with his new found plaything and stayed it despite some of the more boisterous children bouncing about with a lot more vigour. Even once defending himself and his balloon from some eager little fingers. I was secretly pleased I may not have to enrol him into karate after all and he may be ok in the school playground after all.

20140413-222838.jpg

An hour and some drizzle later, Little Z was still going strong and I pondered the possibility of him wanting to spend the night on it after failing a few times to somehow coax him of it.

20140413-222134.jpg

With the weather getting worse someone eventually had the brilliant idea of letting the air out and, like the final scene in the Snowman movie, Little Z gazed at his now deflated toy looking a bit gutted.

His disappointment didn’t last too long though as he fell asleep 5 minutes after we got home and treated us all to a lie in the day after.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl400\qc\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2

\
SuperBusyMum
\
}

1. Sarah MumofThree World April 14, 2014 / 7:11 am

What a lovely experience! I remember my kids were reluctant at first as it is a rather strange sensation. But once they get used to it, there really is no better fun to be had. Even better when you get a lie-in out of it!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Schools’ rugby tournamentMy Profile

2. Coombemill April 14, 2014 / 8:16 am

We have had bouncy castles here for birthday parties. Lots of fun for kids of all ages. Hope you will join me for Country Kids. Little z is being to look not so little at all bouncing away there! #MagicMoments
    Coombemill recently posted…But Lambs Can’t Swim!My Profile

3. Kriss MacDonald April 14, 2014 / 2:30 pm

Love the last shot where you can see him still bouncing away despite the weather. He had a great time and bonus you got a sleep in the next day! #whatsthestory
    Kriss MacDonald recently posted…Siblings AprilMy Profile

4. Charly Dove April 14, 2014 / 7:06 pm

Love that last photo of Z bouncing away despite the weather! Sounds like he had a great time though once he’d got used to it. I remember POD dive bombing a bouncy castle when it had been let down, she loves them. She also has no fear! Great post, thank you so much for sharing #whatsthestory
    Charly Dove recently posted…Spring at Alice Holt ForestMy Profile

5. Sara (@mumturnedmom) April 14, 2014 / 7:08 pm

It is a strange sensation, and all three of mine have hated them the first time they tried, and the wee girl still won’t go on one 🙂 So much fun for them (bar the banged heads…) when they do get used to the bounce! #WhatstheStory
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…Me and: CakeMy Profile

6. Franglaise Mummy April 14, 2014 / 7:14 pm

I LOVE bouncy castles, but have never been to a kids’ event where adults are allowed on, I keep telling Hubs he should get me one for each birthday I have. So proud of Little Z and his bravery 🙂
    #MagicMoments
    Franglaise Mummy recently posted…No screens for all the familyMy Profile

7. Jenny April 14, 2014 / 9:46 pm

I love a good bouncy castle, especially if I can join in. hahaha Brave Z!!! Buba was scared at first of them so badly. #magicmoments
    Jenny recently posted…Soft play area all to ourselvesMy Profile

8. MoolBoots April 14, 2014 / 11:14 pm

That last photo is awesome, a lone fun haver! I love bouncy castles, especially if I am on them on my own!
    MoolBoots recently posted…What’s the Story?My Profile

9. Jess @ Along Came Cherry April 15, 2014 / 7:11 am

My parents hired a bouncy castle for one of my parties when I was little and I loved it! My and my sister spent every minute on it, the day they deflated it was so sad! x
    Jess @ Along Came Cherry recently posted…Living Arrows {15/52}My Profile

10. older mum in a muddle April 17, 2014 / 8:44 am

Bless him! They are always nervous at first, but when your back is turned, they go for it like it’s the last thing they’ll ever do. Love that he was the last one bouncing! X

11. Afra April 17, 2014 / 9:31 am

Fantastic! It’s always a great achievement when they conquer their nerves and try something new. Although I hate bouncy castles – they make me nervous! Already seem to be at the hospital more than most parents!
    Afra recently posted…#loudnproud -Hands Free ParentingMy Profile

12. suzanne3childrenandit April 17, 2014 / 10:01 am

That’s fabulous! No wonder you are proud of your little man. Sometimes they take a little coaxing but usually get there in their own time. Lovely post 🙂
    suzanne3childrenandit recently posted…“I Hate School!”My Profile

13. Alexandra Mercer April 17, 2014 / 11:20 am

Bouncy castles are always so much fun! #Loun’n’Proud
    Alexandra Mercer recently posted…A letter to OdinMy Profile

14. ghostwritermummy April 18, 2014 / 7:28 am

Bless him! Mine have always refused bouncy castles while other children are on them too- then it takes ages to get them off in the end. We never get a lie in though…
    x x
    ghostwritermummy recently posted…The Preschooler is going to schoolMy Profile

15. Sharon Powell April 19, 2014 / 9:54 am

Bless him. Things like that can be daunting, lovely to see that he enjoyed it once he tried. Woo Hoo to the lie in 🙂 #LoudnProud
    Sharon Powell recently posted…Word of the Week 18/4/14My Profile

16. Jude April 20, 2014 / 5:02 pm

Bouncy Castles are the way forward for kids parties. Always a winner once they get past those first nervous bounces. #countrykids
    Jude recently posted…Go wild, I dare you.My Profile

17. LauraCYMFT April 20, 2014 / 8:29 pm

I do love a bouncy castle! Looks like he had a blast!
    LauraCYMFT recently posted…Me & You #4My Profile

18. Super Busy Mum April 20, 2014 / 11:24 pm

Bouncy castles are SO MUCH FUN! He looks like he had a wail of a time on that one! #countrykids
    Super Busy Mum recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

19. Related July 4, 2014 / 9:40 pm

This is a very very helpful item of information. I’m happy you distributed this beneficial info along with us. Make sure you keep you informed like this. Thank you for expressing.

20. kidspartyworld July 11, 2014 / 5:35 pm

Great story illustrating how little people get so excited and obsessed with new experiences and sensations. It’s adorable how little Z went out like a light, after seeming he would never get off the castle jump.

21. Hubert Conroy July 4, 2015 / 2:04 pm

Any occasion that involves children these days, the organizers think about renting bouncy houses and castles. Many children get hurt from these things on a daily basis, the fact that an awkward bounce could send your kid into another child and end up hurting both of them.
    Hubert Conroy recently posted…Ash Jumping CastlesMy Profile

22. Lutz Cooke December 29, 2016 / 2:19 pm

Yes! It’s a right. Kids birthday party for bouncy castle game is a perfect match. Because all kids are, enjoying the bouncy castle and the best way to spend a birthday party.

23. Troy Morgann May 9, 2017 / 8:36 am

Hello,

I really wish I could have one bouncy castle! Some have a slide too! Awesome. They’re great for the kids to play on not just as has mentioned in their free time but they are also very good for children’s’ birthday parties.

Bless Him!! So proud of Little Z and his bravery