Dearest Little Z – At 3 Years and 4 Months

Hello Little Z,

You’ve officially finished half a term at Pre-school now and have finally settled in. Hurrah! Well, that is until the holidays started and I’m pretty sure there’s going to be tears this Tuesday once it opens again for term time. You’ve been doing well though. You wave me off until I go and happily go find some toys to play with (most of the time). I have to curb the amount of time I hang around talking to the keyworkers though as you’ll simply stand there waving for quite a while until I completely disappear out the door.

You are learning a lot about playing with other children now but somehow you’ve forgotten how to stop sharing. It may be that you’re trying to mark your territory and losing some of the placidness in your personality but I think we’ve repeated “sharing is caring” about a million times this month. You’re getting there. Very slowly!

You keep asking about getting married this month. I think its mainly because your uncle is getting married this year and everything is currently revolving around the wedding. You’re not fussy about who to marry with potential partners so far being me, your Daddy, your grandparents and anyone else you think of that particular day. Thankfully you haven’t proposed to any strangers just yet.

We had a lovely day out at Blackpool this weekend. Its somewhere my own mum and dad dragged your uncles and I to constantly year after year and we eventually would use every excuse in the book to get out of going. As a result I haven’t been in about 20 years. It hasn’t changed one bit. I still knew my way around and you loved every bit of it. You got very confused at the name “Back-pool” and thought we were going to some sort of swimming place and kept insisting we take your swimming costume with us. You had a great time though and particularly enjoyed running behind all the cyclists and shouting “Hello!”. You’d then get really disappointed and sulk each time they rode off as your little legs couldn’t keep up with them. It reminded me a lot of when we used to go with my parents. We’d always insist on going straight to the pleasure beach and my Dad would always insist on having a big long walk to soak up the sea air. We’d then reluctantly walk behind him and every so often ask to jump on the tram to speed up the whole journey. Yesterday was the first time we had no intention of running to the pleasure beach. We simply went for the very long walk to soak up the sea air. How times change.

I’m not sure how but you literally ran for about 4 hours straight and only showed signs of tiredness as we got to the car. Of course this was instantly shot out of the water when your Daddy handed you a bag of candyfloss!!! He then had to endure the consequences of a hyper you and a “I told you so” me all the way home. I’ve just realised I’ve hidden the rest of it. I might go find it!

Here’s some of our photos of our trip. Hopefully next month we’re going to see Thomas the tank engine. I can’t wait!! (To see you go on it. Obviously).

So until next time Little Z. Mwah!

Blackpool 5

Blackpool tram

Blackpool1

Blackpool2

Blackpool3

DSC_0624

DSC_0633

Blackpool 4

DSC_0683

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

1. Mel April 21, 2014 / 1:41 am

Well done Little Z for adapting at pre-school. Not always easy for them… Beautiful shots of your trip to Blackpool. Mel #MagicMoments

2. Sarah MumofThree World April 21, 2014 / 6:12 am

Fantastic photos! Well done to him for running so far. (And how brilliant not to have to go to the pleasure beach! I am so over rides!) Hope all goes well when he goes back to pre-school.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Most improved playerMy Profile

3. Mummy Says April 21, 2014 / 6:14 am

Beautiful photos! And it looks like you all had a wonderful day. I’m craving candy floss now…! X
    Mummy Says recently posted…Ready, set, rideMy Profile

4. Erica Price April 21, 2014 / 6:42 am

The Blackpool day out looks a lot of fun. I haven’t been there for a similar amount of time, but have been thinking about going recently.
    Erica Price recently posted…Lost His Two Front TeethMy Profile

5. Mummy Tries April 21, 2014 / 6:51 am

I wondered where thst photo.was taken when I saw your silent sunday post. Good old Blackpool, sounds like it was a fab outing – loely photos. Little Z is growing up, w almost three & a h already! the sharing conceopt will come in t:ime #magicmoments
    Mummy Tries recently posted…A new look for Mummy Tries #MagicMomentsMy Profile

6. The Reading Residence April 21, 2014 / 7:37 am

So pleased he’s getting on well at preschool now, and love the idea of him proposing to everyone! Looks like a lovely day out in Blackpool, too, candy floss aside πŸ˜‰
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Boo Aged 4 & A HalfMy Profile

7. Coombemill April 21, 2014 / 8:23 am

I’ve not been to Blackpool since I was a child, it sounds as though it still holds the magic for families.
    Coombemill recently posted…Train DisasterMy Profile

8. Charly Dove April 21, 2014 / 9:12 am

Oh wow what a glorious day in Blackpool, sounds like you had a brilliant time. Love that Z is looking for suitable partners – POD’s decided she just wants to marry Daddy! So great he’s settled in so well at pre-school, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Thanks for sharing with #whatsthestory
    Charly Dove recently posted…The Easter Egg HuntMy Profile

9. Iona@Redpeffer April 21, 2014 / 9:52 am

I’ve not been to Blackpool with the children but it would be fun to take them. They would love to see the trams. Isn’t it amazing how 3.5 year olds seem to have a never ending supply of energy-it’s like a clockwork toy that never runs down πŸ™‚
    Iona@Redpeffer recently posted…A magic moment, but not one I expectedMy Profile

10. Jaime Oliver April 21, 2014 / 10:20 am

awwww honey i so love this, we love taking Joshua to the sea side it makes for such a lovely trip!

i love blackpool with the girls but never taken the family .. we will have to go πŸ™‚

thanks for linking up with #Magicmoments
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…Magic Moments 21/4/14My Profile

11. shahnaz April 21, 2014 / 12:02 pm

Amazing pictures of Blackpool,Lokks like you had an amazing time x I have never been, but its on the list of to dos x
    shahnaz recently posted…Half Term FunMy Profile

12. Donna April 21, 2014 / 5:00 pm

Gorgeous photos – Looks like a lovely day out. Three seems like such a great age to be! x
    Donna recently posted…Review: SmarTrike DreamMy Profile

13. Jane April 21, 2014 / 5:08 pm

I do love these update posts, I really want to do one for Ethan’s fourth birthday. I haven’t been to Blackpool for years but it sounds like you had an amazing time and you took some fantastic photos. So glad he is getting on well at pre-school, I hope it all goes well on the return x
    Jane recently posted…Hello – It’s Still My Magic Moment!My Profile

14. Sara (@mumturnedmom) April 21, 2014 / 6:10 pm

Beautiful photos! Sounds like a wonderful trip. So glad to hear that Little Z is settling well into preschool x #WhatstheStory
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…Easter Egg HuntMy Profile

15. Super Busy Mum April 21, 2014 / 7:24 pm

Gorgeous photos and what a lovely time you guys had in Blackpool. I lived there for several years, so the place is like a second home to me. I cannot wait to go back in June! I miss the place! #magicmoments
    Super Busy Mum recently posted…Living ArrowsMy Profile

16. Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) April 21, 2014 / 7:24 pm

My son is the same age and he is doing well at his preschool. Today he is okay. I am so scared tomorrow when school will be back hehe. Goodluck to us then? #Whatsthestory
    Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) recently posted…MomentsMy Profile

17. Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault April 22, 2014 / 8:52 am

Love Blackpool – I have a photo of me there many years ago, standing on those white benches on the pier with the Tower behind me – looking freezing!! It was about this time of year too! And good luck going back to Pre-school!
    Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault recently posted…Eggs eggs and more eggs!My Profile

18. tracey bowden April 23, 2014 / 10:00 am

Lovely photos I am going to blackpool this week and haven’t been for years myself! #sharewithme
    tracey bowden recently posted…Mum what are these?My Profile

19. Emma Kershaw April 23, 2014 / 11:28 am

Lovely photos, looks like you had a great day πŸ™‚ #sharewithme
    Emma Kershaw recently posted…Happy Easter!My Profile

20. karen Bell April 23, 2014 / 2:20 pm

What a lovely day, great photos

21. Jenny April 23, 2014 / 3:00 pm

Ahhh the blackpool day out looks amazing. So glad you had a great time. i love all the photos. You will have them to cherish for ever now. I love photos and family days out. Great post as always. I love reading your writing. I could keep reading forever about your cute family. Thank you so much for linking up to Share WIth Me. #sharewithme
    Jenny recently posted…Share With Me ~ wk 12My Profile

22. Katie @mummydaddyme April 23, 2014 / 7:55 pm

Gorgeous photos, that last one especially is just beautiful! I love reading these letters as your boy and my girl seem so similar! It also reminds me I need to crack on and write mine! πŸ™‚ x
    Katie @mummydaddyme recently posted…Our Lovely Long Easter Weekend…My Profile

23. Tarana Khan April 23, 2014 / 10:00 pm

It’s always fun reading your letters, Tas! The part about him wanting to get married made me laugh. Wait until he grows up! It’s interesting how we become a lot like our parents, isn’t it?
    Tarana Khan recently posted…Dos & Don’ts for Pinterest newbiesMy Profile

24. Nicola Young April 24, 2014 / 2:43 pm

I have fond memories of Blackpool. We went every October for the lights! I too took my eldest when she was little and we had a great time.
    Nicola Young recently posted…Simple Pleasures are the bestMy Profile

25. Judith April 24, 2014 / 2:54 pm

I find myself becoming my parents in many different ways… Things I swore I’d never do (cook separate meals for the kids for 18 years being one of them) I find myself doing without thinking, and then realising that maybe my parents weren’t so crazy after all.
    Judith recently posted…Growing in the sunshineMy Profile

26. Mama Owl April 24, 2014 / 4:36 pm

What lovely photos, well done little Z, he is growing up so beautifully x #loudnproud
    Mama Owl recently posted…The Swimming GalaMy Profile

27. Nickie April 25, 2014 / 9:33 am

Great pictures I love the one of the Big Wheel and the one of the Tower in the background.

28. Karen Hannah April 25, 2014 / 11:57 am

This post sums blackpool up fantastically! The trams, arcades and those benches … Ah, it takes me right back πŸ™‚
    Karen Hannah recently posted…Camping Checklist for NewbiesMy Profile

29. Cheryl April 26, 2014 / 12:44 am

How sweet that he was confused by the name. Its no good arguing the point when they are that age. πŸ™‚ Blue skies at Blackpool. Can’t be bad. I bet he slept well that night. #CountryKids
    Cheryl recently posted…Earth Day 2014My Profile

30. Karen April 26, 2014 / 8:47 am

What a lovely post with beautiful photos. I love writing letters to my girls too but haven’t written one for a while. Mmmmm candy floss x

31. Hayley @hayleyfromhome April 26, 2014 / 9:32 am

Sounds like he is doing well at pre-school, it is such a big change for them. Mine seems to be going through a phase of not wanting to share either…I think ti is just a stage of rebellion and I’m hoping it will pass before he starts pre-school in Spetpember. Love the photos of your trip, looks like a gorgeous day x
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted…The Trip To The Farm That Went WrongMy Profile

32. ghostwritermummy April 26, 2014 / 7:39 pm

What awesome photos! We took the kids to Blackpool a couple of weeks ago and it was SO windy and cold we could barely walk. And STILL Luka thought we would swim in the sea!! He also asked where the pool was!
    x x