Things Little Z Says – The Campervan edition

Its been far too long since I’ve done one of these. The long winter days plus the big Christmas break has meant we have been treated to some extra long conversations and wisdom from our now 4 year old. Its been mostly very funny and we usually still fail very miserably at trying to be subtle at laughing very discreetly. We have never used cushions as much as we do these days to hide behind. So here are some of them that I’ve plucked out of the fog that was the Christmas and New Year period….

On sitting in my courtesy car (A somewhat slow Honda Jazz)…
Little Z: Mummy I like your campervan!
Me: Thank you little Z
Little Z: I don’t like your Golf. Can we keep the campervan?
Me: Umm. Maybe.

On realising the Honda Jazz takes a bit of time to get going…

Little Z: Mummy is the campervan slow?
Me: Yes very very slow. Shall we keep the Golf now?
Little Z: No I like the campervan.

On doing the need-to-wee-right-now dance whilst holding his crotch
Hubby: We need to get him out of this constant crotch holding dance
Little Z: Crotch! Crotch! Crotch! Crotch!…. (repeat ad infinitum)

At the petrol station:
Little Z: I need to get Naani a present.
Me: What shall we get?
Little Z: Apple Fruit! (Starburst)
Later to Naani: Naani – I brought you a present. Can I have some?

When “Why” can’t be left out of a conversation:

Little Z: Can I watch CBeebies?
Me: Yep ok!
Little Z: Why?
Me: Huh? Why what?
Little Z: Why I watch CBeebies?
Me: Beeeecause you want to?
Little Z: Ok!

On visiting the new very nice dessert place near us…
Little Z to his uncle: “Shall we go to the Chick stop?”
Uncle looking a bit alarmed: “Where?!”
Me: “Choc stop!”
Uncle “OH! Yes ummm…yes!”

When trying to get quotes on holidays from the Travel Agent:
Little Z trying to talk to Travel Agent: Can I sit on a plane? Mummy tell him can I sit on a plane?
Me: Shhhhhhhhh!!
Little Z: Tell him, can I sit on a plane? Can I sit on a plane, a plane??
Travel Agent: Do you want to call me back?
Me: Yes.

Post Comment Love

1. Jollyjillys January 12, 2015 / 9:31 am

This post made me laugh lol. Z reminds me of my great niece she comes out with stuff like this lol. She calls me aunty jewellery lol my niece told “no it’s aunty Jill” so she looked and went ” that’s what I said aunty jewellery ” so that’s who I am lol
    Jollyjillys recently posted…My daughter’s New LifeMy Profile

2. Jaime Oliver January 12, 2015 / 9:49 am

lol lol he obviously liked his campervan! lol I love that Children are so comical without even trying it

Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…Magic Moments 12/1/15My Profile

3. Tim January 12, 2015 / 10:30 am

Yeees, the crotch-holding seems to be very much a boy thing. Toby, who’s five next week, constantly goes to sleep with his hands thrust down his pants …
    Tim recently posted…My Sunday Photo: 11/1/15 – Muddy puddleMy Profile

4. Louisa January 12, 2015 / 10:45 am

This made me giggle, especially the chick stop.It is such a funny, charming age (but sometimes embarrassing too) #magicmoments
    Louisa recently posted…Happy birthday FranMy Profile

5. Katie January 12, 2015 / 12:21 pm

Well can he sit on a plane?!? Best bit on holiday for a 4 y/o surely?! Well for about 10 minutes before boredom sets in.

Oh and Chick stop ha ha crying!! x
    Katie recently posted…Sneaky Toy BattlesMy Profile

6. Nikki Thomas January 13, 2015 / 9:29 pm

Ha ha ha ha! He is brilliant and the chick stop sounds very interesting. Have you go used to saying that you have a four year old yet?
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…The First Britmums Carnival of 2015My Profile

7. Suzanne3childrenandit January 14, 2015 / 9:45 am

Ha ha I love the last one. Why is it that children do that all the time when you’re on the phone?! Cute post x
    Suzanne3childrenandit recently posted…This is MeMy Profile

8. Louise January 14, 2015 / 1:30 pm

Lol, love it – especially the campervan ones and the constant asking if he can sit on a plane whilst you’re on the phone to the travel agent! 🙂
    Louise recently posted…From the mouths of babes #2My Profile

9. Robin January 14, 2015 / 4:55 pm

I could be entertained by young children all day long with the things they say! It just brings joy to your heart!

10. Jenny January 14, 2015 / 8:37 pm

Oh I love the amazing and funny things the kids say. Buba is coming out with some great ones lately. I can’t wait to hear MM join in soon. This is adorable. Keep campervan! lol Thanks for linking up to Share With Me. Sorry if you had any trouble commenting on my site today as the host is being transferred there are a few glitches to fix. Apologies. #sharewithme
    Jenny recently posted…Share With Me ~ #2My Profile

11. Not A Frumpy Mum January 14, 2015 / 9:32 pm

Haha, I love reading these. They’re at such a great age for coming out with crazy things aren’t they? O would only care about sitting on a plane too! xx
    Not A Frumpy Mum recently posted…Dear Teacher, Please Notice HimMy Profile

12. Mel January 14, 2015 / 10:28 pm

That’s just brilliant! Made me giggle. My favourite: “Crotch! Crotch! Crotch! Crotch!”
    Mel recently posted…La Galette des RoisMy Profile

13. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely January 15, 2015 / 9:02 pm

Just wonderful! Z sounds so much like my eldest. From the crotch dance to asking why at the oddest of times. And interrupting EVERY telephone call I try to make in his presence. So funny!