Pregnancy Diary – Weeks 21 and 22

Pregnancy Diary Weeks 21 and 22

I’m still in slight catch up with these updates but this post will bring me back up to date. I aim to be a lot better but with work in full flow and spare time being taken up with the worlds longest spring clean ever plus Little Z things I’m finding I keep falling behind.

We were still in Mauritius over these weeks and I think its the best type of holiday ever for a pregnant lady. Sit about in the sun all day reading books and building sandcastles and then eat your entire body weight in the various themed buffets they have every single night. Even the fruit is delicious so I found myself being pretty good, a tiny of the bit of the time. I think I kept balancing it out with a fair amount of pancakes and omelettes.

I was a creature of habit and would queue up dutifully each day for my omelette with tomatoes, chillies, peppers and red onions and the egg cooking lady would greet me with a massive smile and a few more questions about myself. Where was I from? How far gone in the pregnancy was I? Did I know what I was having? I could see by her tag she was called Priscilla and she was genuinely lovely. We talked about England and where she was from. She herself had two grown up kids and was evidently an absolute whizz when it came to cooking eggs of every variety. One particular night I nearly stopped in my tracks as I saw her out of a cooks uniform for the first time eating at the hotel restaurant with her family. She looked like she’d stepped right out of the 1920’s. Hair in a short slick, slightly wavy, bob. Swishy dress and a swishy walk to match. I’d not seen anyone dress like that in a very long time, if ever. On my last day in the hotel she gave me a huge blessing right there in the omelette queue and told me she prayed I would be a fantastic mother to the new baby a second time round and she wished me a safe labour and future. I clutched my plate and almost bawled. With other people waiting for their eggs it obviously was not the best time to get weepy and I really didn’t want this to the first time I departed from a hotel in tears. I could do little more than smile and thank her. Other staff then followed suit and all wished me well with the rest of the pregnancy.

The sun did wonders for all my achey bones and I’d regularly sit in the sun to make the pain better. It’s been a lot calmer since although I did feel a bit of it returning as soon as I started driving when I was back. So I think I know what aggravates it at least. Following a physio appointment I now have exercises and some advice on how to keep the pain under control. It turns out I have a slight rotated hip, which makes me sound a bit like a faulty robot. Knowing what it is at least makes it all a bit bearable and the physio explained the period of intense pain I had was around the time when I’d have had a surge in the hormone Relaxin which loosens ligaments as part of pregnancy. Joy! So here’s hoping it all stays calm and doesn’t really back with any great intensity.

I had made a mental note about starting to get ready for the new baby once we came back from holiday. Well, we’re back and I don’t quite know where to start. I’ve had a mini panic about it and have dragged the Other half into some major spring cleaning. I know its all nesting but I think I am THE worlds WORST nester, ever! I have no vision of how to organise more space and only a vague inkling of how I want things arranged. I also don’t want anyone but me to decide it so its not going too well right now and we still look like we’ve been burgled upstairs. I *think* its coming together but its not as quick as I thought it would be.

The best news ever is that the baby is kicking regularly now and is especially enjoying booting my insides between 10pm and 2am every single night. I hope this isn’t a sign of its post birth routine but its very reassuring to know its being very active. Little Z is loving asking the bump whether it had a good day and has will give the bump a very sweet little pat as he passes. I think he may be coming round to idea that either gender will be fun and nice to play with. He spent most of the time at a recent wedding entertaining a little cute one year old baby and was enjoying it so much he didn’t notice that the sweet table had been opened for the kids to go nuts!

It’s MADs awards time and I’d love your vote for my blog in the pre-school or pregnancy category. If you like to nominate me then please click below:

Tots100 MAD Blog Awards

Let's Talk Mommy

1. Sarah MumofThree World May 26, 2015 / 7:09 am

That’s so lovely about the lady in the hotel! Glad the pain has eased a bit now and great news that the baby is kicking regularly! Good luck with the organisation, you’ll get there in the end.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Return from the French exchangeMy Profile

2. Dawn May 26, 2015 / 6:26 pm

Glad the sun helped with the aches. Sounds so relaxing. Seems that you are starting to get things in place now

3. Louise May 27, 2015 / 6:57 am

What a lovely update. Your holiday in Mauritius sounds like it was absolutely blissful and how lovely that the egg cooking lady gave you a blessing and the rest of the staff wished you well too. Glad that your hip pain has eased and that you are getting lots of kicks. Those little pats from Little Z sound adorable and I love that he was so busy playing with a little one that he didn’t notice the sweet table had opened! šŸ™‚
    Louise recently posted…Three Little Pigs themed craftsMy Profile

4. The L's Mum May 27, 2015 / 7:40 am

Aw what a lovely lady, I do think sometimes what can really make a hotel and destination special is the staff. She sounded lovely. I’m glad the sun helped with your achey bones and you enjoyed your holiday. #sharewithme
    The L’s Mum recently posted…May Bank Holiday in Delamere ForestMy Profile

5. Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) May 27, 2015 / 7:52 am

So sweet of that lady to say that to you, I would have absolutely bawled too! So, so lovely! I’m glad you’ve got some exercises now to help your aches and pains although I’m sure prescribing the rest of the pregnancy is spent in the sun would be much more effective šŸ˜‰ xx
    Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) recently posted…Our Favourite Barbecue Side DishesMy Profile

6. Baby Isabella May 27, 2015 / 8:33 am

It’s reassuring when baby kicks! That’s great news. Hope you had a relaxing break. The women in the hotel sounds fantastic! #Sharewithme
    Baby Isabella recently posted…A day by the seasideMy Profile

7. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely May 27, 2015 / 5:05 pm

Oh, the kicking. That’s the bit I miss most about being pregnant. I remember spending hours in the bath watching the little feet pat-pat-pat on my belly. It seems so long ago now though. I didn’t feel the need to prepare as much for our littlest. I think you come to realise that as long as they have a bed and a healthy supply of nappies and wipes, all will be well.
    Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely recently posted…Things I’m Loving Lately (May)My Profile

8. Sara (@mumturnedmom) May 27, 2015 / 8:59 pm

Oh, this is lovely to read. I think I would have cried at that wonderful lady! I’m glad the pain has eased, and I’m sure the nesting will get more organised (although mine never did, but there you go!). Love reading these updates x #sharewithme
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…The Prompt: ConfidenceMy Profile

9. Izzie Anderton May 29, 2015 / 2:13 pm

The holiday in Mauritius sounds like the perfect solution to pregnancy aches and pains and how lovely of the lady in the hotel to give you a blessing before you left. I love that little Z asks the bump about its day – how cute!
    Izzie Anderton recently posted…Musings on EurovisionMy Profile

10. Erin Ek Rush May 29, 2015 / 8:50 pm

What a fantastic holiday! It sounds blissful and what a lovely cook! I also went a bit nuts with the nesting. I hate cleaning and I remember finding myself scrubbing the corners of the room with an (old) toothbrush at one point!
    Erin Ek Rush recently posted…My UK Spousal Visa in 5 (not so simple) StepsMy Profile

11. Jenny May 31, 2015 / 9:19 am

Ahh bless you the lady in the hotel would have made me cry too. Love when people surprise us. Lovely post. Thanks for linking up to Share With Me I hope you are enjoying my blog hop and thanks for all the linky support! #sharewithme
    Jenny recently posted…Me & Mine {May}My Profile

12. Mim June 1, 2015 / 9:02 am

Aww what a lovely blessing from the lady with the eggs! That’s so sweet of her šŸ™‚ I was the same as you – no good at nesting – good intentions though šŸ™‚ hope you’re feeling well! Mim x #maternitymondays
    Mim recently posted…4 Week Post Partum UpdateMy Profile

13. EmilyandIndiana June 1, 2015 / 12:35 pm

Ooh how lovely was that lady, I would have bee an emotional wreck haha. Yay for lots of kicks too – although I hope it doesn’t mean too much waking in the night for you xx
    EmilyandIndiana recently posted…30 Week Pregnancy Update | Baby #2My Profile

14. Farmerswifeandmummy June 1, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Aww the holiday sounds just what the doctor ordered and I really like the idea of the omelettes. The lady sounds so lovely.
    Don’t worry about the nesting, if it doesn’t come, just get a babygro and a pram šŸ™‚
    Farmerswifeandmummy recently posted…Chemist Direct-A ReviewMy Profile