Celebrations

I absolutely love family celebrations and Eid is always slightly crazy.  With four big families, 14 children between them, spouses of those children and children of those children it is busy to say the least and gets pretty loud.
The newest gorgeous little addition at just a few weeks old has settled in very nicely and snoozed through most of the day and happily accepted cuddles for the rest.

It hit me how we will hopefully be in the same position in about 10 weeks time and the sleepless nights will commence.  Of course this time I am owed a sleeper.  One that will sleep as soon as I bring the baby back from hospital, preferably for about 10 to 12 hours straight.  Little Z didn’t really sleep at all till he hit about 11 months.  He’d get up at least twice for months and months and love a feed or a cuddle.  I had no idea how to break the cycle and lucky for me he did finally sleep through around his first birthday.  I know now a lot of it was a comfort thing but I didn’t have the courage at the time.  So we went on with the sleepless for what felt like forever.  So this time I am OWED a good sleeper.  That’s how it works.  Right?

Little Z was in awe of the tiny bundle and I think he loved hovering around admiring without trying to touch.  At one point he was most concerned and asked who his mummy was.  I think he secretly wanted to take the balloon baby home more than the real baby.  The balloon baby preferred his new home with the real life new baby.

Of course there was a crazy amount of delicious food, namely biryani followed by cakes, biscuits and gateux.  I was extremely good and only had sporadic bites.  Little Z took it upon himself to devour anything sweet he could get his hands on and then acted like sonic the hedgehog, bouncing off the walls, for the remainder of the evening.

There was a promising amount of flagging just as he was about to get into the car to go home.   He received a sudden second burst of extremely excitable energy as his Aunty presented him with his latest remote controlled car.   We were treated to a lot of happy shrieking until he abruptly ran out of energy and went from ultra shouty to completely asleep within a 30 second period.

And then we got to do it all again the following day with the inlaws.  Minus shrieking and any more new babies.
(Week 3 of Project 52)

1. Sarah MumofThree World July 18, 2015 / 8:59 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun! The balloon baby is ace and glad Z was intrigued by the human baby! Must have felt strange to be holding a new baby so close to your own new arrival!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2015 Weeks 28 & 29My Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:30 pm

I kinda chickened out holding him as he was tiny, even though I remember Z being smaller! Must get some holding practice in soon!

2. Nikki Thomas July 18, 2015 / 9:44 pm

Oh yes definitely due a sleeper! I love that photo, how cute and I always love the sound of your celebrations with all of the cakes and yummy sweet treats
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…Pause ButtonMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:32 pm

I think with this babys 3am and 6am kicks it’s probably already hinting it’s going to be a bit of a night owl πŸ™‚

3. Suzanne3childrenandit July 18, 2015 / 11:02 pm

Always interesting to see how they react to a new baby just before a new sibling arrives. Glad to hear it all went smoothly πŸ™‚ Love the balloon baby – fab! x
    Suzanne3childrenandit recently posted…Photo of the Week 29 / BuddiesMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:33 pm

I’m hoping the fascination will carry on once the baby is here. I reckon he’ll be bored once he realises the baby doesn’t want to play football!

4. Emma T July 19, 2015 / 12:45 am

That’s a fab balloon baby. I’ve not seen one made as intricately.

Can’t beat a remote controlled car, N loves his. It’s great Z’s getting more excited in the baby, it’ll soon be here.
    Emma T recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:34 pm

They really can’t have too many can they? We still haven’t opened it yet for him.

5. Neesie July 19, 2015 / 12:57 am

How cool is that balloon baby… so original.
    I remember the Eid celebrations when we lived in Qatar…. a fantastic time bringing all the family together.
    I hope you get a sleeper… I didn’t initially on my second one but he certainly can sleep now (he’s 23!)
    Enjoy your weekend
    Neesie recently posted…My Silent Sunday PhotoMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:35 pm

Eid in Qatar must have been a really interesting experience. I think I’d love to see it first hand once at least!

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:36 pm

Thanks Sara, I really hope so too although, from its kicking pattern I reckon I am getting a Z clone πŸ™‚

6. John Adams July 19, 2015 / 5:23 am

Best of luck with the final 10 weeks and hope you do get a sleeper this time. Glad you had an enjoyable Eid. Not sure I would have been so restrained! #MySundayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted…A portrait of Toddler AdamsMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:37 pm

Thanks John, I can’t believe it’s flown by so so quickly. These last weeks are going to feel like a blur!

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:37 pm

It really is a lot of fun. With way too much eating. Even though I had to be sensible this time x

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:38 pm

Thanks Erica, I am hoping so too. I would settle for one that goes from 11pm to 6am πŸ˜‰

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:39 pm

Hehe thank you! I may just have to settle for a smiley balloon baby over a sleeper πŸ˜‰

7. Kara July 19, 2015 / 8:50 am

I hope you get a sleeper this time around. Can highly recommend Euan the Dream sheep to help. Love the balloon baby
    Kara recently posted…Project 365 2015 – Week 29My Profile

8. Iona@redpeffer July 19, 2015 / 10:16 am

I recognise that ultra shouty to totally asleep in 30 seconds bit! Sounds like you’ve had a lovely time celebrating.
    Iona@redpeffer recently posted…My Sunday PhotographMy Profile

9. Lisa@intotheglade July 19, 2015 / 1:07 pm

Oh I hope you do get the sleeper you deserve – it must work like that surely! Coming from two big families we have the same chaos at Christmas and family ‘dos’ , such good fun and it’s lovely for the children, all that fuss xx
    Lisa@intotheglade recently posted…My Sunday Photo!My Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:42 pm

Yes I think they absolutely love it. There’s hardly any space for anyone to sit down but it is so much fun!

10. Outside The Click July 19, 2015 / 2:16 pm

My first baby was a good sleeper. I a was lulled into a false sense of security so much so when number 2 was born and didn’t sleep I thought something was wrong with her. I hope you get a good sleeper.
    Outside The Click recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:43 pm

I think anyone that sleeps better than my Z did is going to be a complete bonus in our house. I will gladly settle for about 5 hrs πŸ˜‰

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:43 pm

I know, I think it’s now about 7 weeks to go. Not sure how that’s come round so quickly!

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:44 pm

Ahh I reckon this second baby might be just as partying through the night as Z was πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:45 pm

Thank you πŸ™‚ I will happily settle for a good sleeper every other night too!

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:45 pm

Thank you lovely! Time will tell ey? I think it’s going to come as a bit of a shock!

11. Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) July 20, 2015 / 9:06 am

Awww sleep! I hope you will have a sleeper!

That balloons looks lovely. My son’s has got about 3 classmates with preggy mothers and he is imagining that I have one in my tummy too so that its going to be interesting and how it will go through in here.

#mysundayphoto
    Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) recently posted…Water XylophoneMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:47 pm

I really can’t! Feels like this last stretch is going to be both long and like the speed of lightning!

12. Elaine Livingstone July 20, 2015 / 6:14 pm

sounds like great fun, and a proper celebration with so many family there. I love the balloon model, a bit different.
    Lol at expecting a sleeper – good luck, my first was a good baby, my second the child from hell and would have been an only had she been the first!!!!
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 weeks 28 and 29My Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:47 pm

Hehe I think if I expect the worst then anything even remotely better than Z is going to feel like a bonus!

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:48 pm

Z is like your O. He just absolutely loves our bed. We’ve been tempted to just give it to him and move to his room!

13. Katie @mummydaddyme July 21, 2015 / 7:42 pm

I hope you had a wonderful Eid, I bet those large family celebrations are so much fun. Enjoy the next 10 weeks, eek is that all there is, it will fly by! xx
    Katie @mummydaddyme recently posted…Stockholm with Kids- Part One!My Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:49 pm

Thanks Katie, I can’t believe how fast it’s all flying by. I think I now have about 8 weeks left!

14. Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) July 21, 2015 / 9:57 pm

I’m glad you all had a good Eid – especially Z, must have been so exciting for him. You are most definitely owed a good sleeper – that seemed to work with us or maybe we were just way harder this time as we know that we actually could look after a tiny baby!
    Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) recently posted…Living Arrows {29/52}My Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:50 pm

I am hoping I’m much more confident second time round and the baby senses it…and sleeps πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:51 pm

Thanks so much Anna:) I’m going to put my request in for the balloon baby!

• Notmyyearoff July 26, 2015 / 10:52 pm

Thank you!! I’ve just read your Minions post and love the idea of a minions baby version!

15. chickenruby July 27, 2015 / 8:56 pm

celebrations are done in style in our house with cake and balloons but only if i’m the one organising it all. I celebrated Eid, although I’m not a muslim, with a meal on The Beach for one and watched the firework displays out at sea.
    chickenruby recently posted…Family Holiday to Tunisia 2010My Profile