End of year crazy times (Loud n Proud)

This is the first time we’ve had an insanely crazy few weeks around this time of year.   It’s usually just work being hectic and I watch from the outside as other parents tend to rush about from one year ending school event to another, trying to juggle both work commitments with parental commitments.

This year, the schedule of commitments just kind of exploded all over the place.  There was sports day, which was just as cute as last year.  Then there was parents evening at preschool, parents evening at new school, end of year party outside, summer fayre, water party, end of year party inside, stay and play session, teacher home visit, and drop off session.  HOW does a four year old have such a fantastic social life?  I would go onto say his keyworkers must be exhausted but after two years of seeing them in non-stop action I suspect they are amazing robots.  Kind of like Mercury man from Terminator 2; completely unstoppable.   Obviously the complete opposite of the violent thing portrayed in the movie.  Else that would just be bad.

And then just to make sure I lost my mind a bit more there was hospital appointments for baby growth scans, consultant appointments, diabetes appointments, GP visits and midwife appointments.

Oh and then normal work in between it all!

Throw in the mad obsession to get myself “organised” and it’s no wonder I was almost a screeching hormonal banshee by the end of it.   I *may* have fully embraced the banshee-ness at one point but I did return from it.  Eventually.

So this week I am pretty proud of the fact that I haven’t gone totally insane.  At least I think I haven’t gone insane and hopefully I haven’t just made myself deaf from all the screeching.

Despite it all there has been more than a few golden moments.  Sports day is always one of my favourites.  Last year we had sports day which was just so cute, watching all the little kiddies running about and having a tonne of fun doing everything but running towards the finishing line.  This year it was just as cute but I could see a huge difference in Little Z.  Last year he ran about the cricket pitch in random circles loving every second of it.  This year he looked so focused and ran straight towards the finishing line and back again to tag his partner, and the concentration went on in every race.  They won some and they lost some but he was so good.   It’s true a year makes such a difference.  And they learn such an immense amount simply through playing.  I am going to miss pre-school a lot.  I think keyworkers could rule the world.

Its your turn to link up! All you need to do is grab the badge and link up a post of any proud moment, whether it be old or new! It would be lovely if you could visit a couple of others too. Come back next week when Suzanne from 3 children and It will be hosting.

Not My Year Off

1. Sarah MumofThree World July 16, 2015 / 6:23 am

Oh my goodness! That is a serious number of things to do! Your head must be spinning. Well done on surviving it all and well done to Z for doing so well in his sports day 🙂
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Year 6/ Level 6My Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 19, 2015 / 9:11 am

It was a bit I think! Thankfully the calming light is in sight now so things should be a bit quieter …hopefully!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…CelebrationsMy Profile

2. Erica Price July 16, 2015 / 6:40 am

You do have a lot going on. Good to see Z so focused on his sports day. He’ll be an old hand when he starts school.
    Erica Price recently posted…A Higgidy PicnicMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 19, 2015 / 9:11 am

It was so lovely to watch them. They grow so much in just a year.
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…CelebrationsMy Profile

3. Nikki Thomas July 16, 2015 / 6:50 am

I am so there with you! Well apart from the baby of course. I find this half term utterly exhausting, like you say, some of these things are amazing moments but the intensity of it all is pretty tiring
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…Pause ButtonMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 19, 2015 / 9:12 am

You wonder why they don’t space it out a bit. I didn’t know if I was coming or going!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…CelebrationsMy Profile

4. Suzanne3childrenandit July 16, 2015 / 8:21 am

Oh yes, I can totally relate to this – but as you follow me on Twitter, you would know that! Total craziness at this time of year 🙁 Sounds like yours went in to overdrive too. Well done for getting through it. And breathe….
    Suzanne3childrenandit recently posted…A Summer Holiday Survival GuideMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 19, 2015 / 9:12 am

I think I’ve finally take a breath!! Mental few days huh?
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…CelebrationsMy Profile

5. Katie @mummydaddyme July 16, 2015 / 8:22 pm

Wow you sound so busy! It’s hectic here for us too but I can imagine it’s only going to get worse from next year onwards. I still can’t get over the fact that they have better social lives than us! 😉 x
    Katie @mummydaddyme recently posted…My Sisters in July 2015…My Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 19, 2015 / 9:13 am

They so do. And I’ve heard a little rumour that it just gets more hectic over the years!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…CelebrationsMy Profile

6. Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) July 17, 2015 / 3:36 pm

Wow that sounds so busy! That will be us next year, eek! No wonder you embraced the banshee I think I would have imploded doing all that while pregnant! Glad you had some lovely moments too though!! Xx
    Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) recently posted…Siblings July 2015My Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 19, 2015 / 9:14 am

Imploding is good but messy. Embrace the banshee, she eventually loses her voice 😉
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…CelebrationsMy Profile

7. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely July 17, 2015 / 10:03 pm

Blimey, slow down, pregnant lady!! I’m exhausted just reading all of that. It’s true though, come the summer months, school seems to ramp up its open days, fairs and sports events. It’s madness. Thankfully, the summer holidays arrived today so we can calm things down a bit.
    Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely recently posted…LavenderMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 19, 2015 / 9:14 am

Ahhh I think we are finally finally there and I have today I’m a bit relieved! 🙂
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…CelebrationsMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff July 19, 2015 / 9:15 am

I hope so. He’s loving the idea of it. I think I may be a bit more nervous than him!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…CelebrationsMy Profile