Nutty Nesting

I think it’s fair to say I may have to gone to complete extremes when it’s came to nesting in this pregnancy.  I didn’t meant to start out like that. Somehow it turned into a few weeks of nutty nesting. I was just going to clean out Little Zs clothes, buy some new baby clothes and give the bedrooms a good clean.

It was then thought that some extra shelves would be perfect as well as a clear out all of my own clutter too.   Cue clothes going into charity, clothes going into new baskets, clothes lying around on the bed, clothes, clothes, clothes. Everywhere.   Oops.  A trip to IKEA would be needed for lots of storage.  To get it all organised.

It was then thought maybe we should get some new dishes too.  After all, we would have guests round after the baby comes along.   And ooh some nice black ones would be ideal.  And some white ones as a bold stark contrast.  And some square dishes too because they would look brilliant as serving dishes.

And then there were the quirky tea cups.  Classic in their shape with a slight twist to give them a modern look.
And then there were the quirky uber floral mugs. Really not something I’d usually buy.  Initially intended for Little Zs keyworker who had just moved into her first home.   I really really couldn’t part with them though, especially once they were out of their box.  So it wasn’t my fault.   Little Zs keyworkers got a very nice heart mug set instead.  She looked delighted.

And then I needed 8.  Because 8 is a nice number. 4 was never going to be enough!

And then there were all the new baby clothes.  In truth, we did need a lot as we only had a sparse few bits and pieces.  And babies do need to wear nice cute clothes don’t they?

And then there were the pretty storage boxes.     For all the bits and bobs that needed a nice clean compartmentalised place to live.  I would have bought many many more but I just couldn’t carry them.  And I didn’t have enough energy to make another trolley trip to and from the car.

And I *think* we may now be ready.  Finally.

Although I have seen a very lovely tea pot , and then that’ll be it. Really.

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

1. Hayley Todd August 2, 2015 / 7:35 am

I love this post! It’s exactly the same as me! Glad you are finally ready to welcome your little one πŸ™‚ By the way, I adore the boxes in the photo!

2. chantelle hazelden August 2, 2015 / 7:47 am

lol aaa I remember nesting well, one you just can’t avoid πŸ˜‰ #mysundayphoto
    chantelle hazelden recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

3. Kara August 2, 2015 / 8:12 am

Such an exciting time – I remember going into nesting over drive and its sensible to re-use stuff but sometimes only new will do x
    Kara recently posted…Silent Sunday – 2nd August 2015My Profile

4. Nikki Thomas August 2, 2015 / 9:21 am

I think those storage boxes are lovely and if you can’t indulge when you are doing such an important job, then when can you?? I can’t believe it is nearly your due date!!! IT has flown, although probably not for you.
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…How to survive rainy summer holidays My Profile

5. Baby Isabella August 2, 2015 / 10:35 am

We’re great fans of having quotes up around the house! Sounds like a great productive shopping trip x #MySundayPhoto
    Baby Isabella recently posted…Silent Sunday 02.08.15My Profile

6. Zena's Suitcase August 2, 2015 / 11:25 am

Such lovely words on the box. Nesting is one of the best parts of pregnancy, enjoy it! x
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…#MySundayPhotoMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:21 pm

I think it really has been. The declutter has been hard but worth it for all the space we now have.

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:23 pm

I think so, I have been thinking about teapots this week though.

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:23 pm

Thanks Hannah, I think I may have lost it ever so slightly πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:24 pm

20 has definitely been better I have to say! πŸ˜‰ Thankfully I think I may have had enough now.

7. HelpfulMum August 2, 2015 / 6:04 pm

I love storage. Image banned myself from IKEA because I spend too much! Love the things you got and I’m glad you’re ready!
    HelpfulMum recently posted…02.08.15 Silent SundayMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:25 pm

IKEA is like a death trap for storage lovers, you just can’t buy one thing. It’s like some kind of magic descends over you!

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:25 pm

Took ages to do it all once we got home but its almost all there now πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:26 pm

I really think you have an excellent point there πŸ˜‰ I shall definitely look this week!

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:28 pm

It really is, I think I may be almost done now. Possibly just need one or two more boxes!

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:29 pm

It feels SO much more organised now. I just have the crib now and I’m all set πŸ™‚

8. tracey at Mummyshire August 2, 2015 / 11:57 pm

Oh the nesting phase, isn’t is so satisfying?! It has to be done and I think you’ve managed to bag yourself a great haul of goodies and I love the quote.
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Sunday Photo : 1 August 2014My Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 9, 2015 / 12:31 pm

It is and it feels so much more organised now. I can’t believe we were hoarding so much rubbish!

9. Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) August 3, 2015 / 9:50 am

Haha this is like extreme nesting! 8!

I love storage boxes too! I mean I have storage boxes for my storage boxes as well =P

Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) recently posted…Window of SunshineMy Profile