The Little Man in the Big Room

One of the things we had to do before the baby comes along is move Little Z into the big room that we’ve used for the past 6 years as a spare junk room.  I think it’s fair to say it was a pretty big mess with all sorts in it.  Extremely convenient though to chuck everything in and use it as a make shift launderette on days when I just couldn’t be bothered putting freshly washed clothes away.  Which became, err, part of normal routine.

Little Z has been more than happy on his little bed, or in our bed, sprawled out like an octopus whose limbs double in size and slapability through the night.  We ended up getting used to our nightly bed invader and never really put our foot down.

Mission “Move Little Z to the big bedroom” carried with it a deadline of “Before new baby comes” and so began lots of cleaning, decluttering, wondering why the heck we’d kept certain things for so long, arguing about how we just can/ can’t keep that 20 year old denim jacket and slowly turning it into a fun bedroom with a huge double bed for a little boy who loves football.  Bribery works wonders.

Last night was the first night and thankfully he absolutely loved it.  The love was so deep I couldn’t get him to come downstairs till gone 10am this morning.  He has popped in various times today to “have a bit of a rest”.   His covers are a bright blue and green and covered top to toe in footballs.  If I’m honest, they’re not the best feeling comfort wise but for now they are doing the trick.  I must look to swap them with better ones really soon.  That leaves us with his old room to turn back into a nursery again and our transition is then complete.

It feels like another big milestone for our littlest man who will hopefully soon turn into a big brother that loves his sibling.   He is already turning into the most caring little boy always reminding me to take my medication or to do my blood test or patting my back and asking “are you ok now Mummy?” whenever I have a hormonal moment.   Of course that just makes me sob more and I have no idea how such a little person holds so much compassion already.  But he is rather lovely and I hope that care for others just continues to grow.

I’m now 33 weeks.  I think the soppiness and hormones are peaking.

(Week 5 of Project 52 and linking up to Sunday Photo)

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:44 pm

I know, its somehow flown by in the blink of an eye. Not quite sure how that happened πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:44 pm

He’s loving it and doesn’t even try to invade my bed anymore. A tiny part of me feels a bit lost now!

1. 76sunflowers August 8, 2015 / 7:49 pm

Oooh lucky boy having such a big bed all to himself! Sounds like a worthwhile chore getting it sorted x
    76sunflowers recently posted…Project 365 2015 #32My Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:45 pm

It really was, it feels like we can get the last bits of organising done now, although it didn’t go too productively today!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:46 pm

It feels like they come along way too fast doesn’t it? He’ll be starting school soon and it feels like everything is happening all at once and too too soon!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:47 pm

Thank you Tim. It’s been one good week and he is loving it. Still little bits to do but almost there!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:47 pm

Hehe he really does. Its like he’s become some kind of teen overnight and never wants to leave it in the morning!

2. Neesie August 9, 2015 / 12:32 am

Lots of changes ahead but Little Z looks like he’s got lots of room to grow now he’s going to be a big brother!
    Have a wonderful Sunday and Good Luck for the safe arrival of your precious new life.
    Neesie recently posted…My Sunday Sunset PhotoMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:48 pm

Thanks so much Neesie, I think I can’t quite believe everything is happening all at once.

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:49 pm

I really can’t although I do want it to stay nice and snug for at least another 5 weeks I think!

3. Tracey Williams August 9, 2015 / 1:03 am

How lucky is he to have a huge double bed all to himself. Sounds like he is loving his new space. Best of luck with the new arrival #mysundayphoto

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:50 pm

Thanks Tracey, he’s loving it right now and its been a week. We’re hoping the novelty doesn’t wear off anytime soon.

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:51 pm

Thanks so much Sarah, it was a bit of a relief to find he really liked it. There’s still bits to clear up in there but at least he’s loving it!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:52 pm

Thanks Sara, we’re really hoping he does love the new baby. He keeps asking so we think he’s a bit excited!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:53 pm

He’s a lovely little man, even if he never ever sits down πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:54 pm

He really is. Its been a big hit thankfully even after a week!

4. Erica Price August 9, 2015 / 7:12 am

I love the idea of him popping up for a rest because he likes it so much.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 32 of 2015My Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:54 pm

Haha I know, we couldn’t get him to stop doing it on that first day. Thankfully that novelty has worn off now.

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:55 pm

He sounds just like Z. He can’t seem to sleep in one position at all!

5. Louise August 9, 2015 / 8:25 am

Gorgeous photo and so glad that Little Z loves his new bedroom and his big bed. Glad it’s not just me that uses a spare room as a makeshift laundrette on a regular basis – we also need to get our spare room converted into a bedroom for the girls. Good luck with making Little Z’s old room your new nursery.
    Louise recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:56 pm

I do secretly miss my huge laundrette, but we definitely needed to move him to a much bigger room so I think I’ll have to learn to put laundry away πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:57 pm

He;s loving it right now and loves going to bed. I wish we’d done it sooner now πŸ˜‰

6. Jenny Paulin August 9, 2015 / 8:36 am

awwwww is is a big milestone having a big boy bedroom and he sounds like he is taking it all in his stride. bless you and your hormones with the tears – they are only going to get worse yet!!! Z sounds like such a lovely and sweet natured boy, i am sure he will be the best big brother x x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Project 365 2015, Week 32My Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 8:59 pm

I know, I am dreading all the post baby hormones. I’m sure they’re meant to be around 10 times worse!

7. Emma August 9, 2015 / 9:59 am

So glad he loves his big boys room! Hadn’t realised we were so close in terms of due date. Shall we have a race? πŸ˜€
    Emma recently posted…Sunday Photo – Pick Your OwnMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:00 pm

Hehe hope you and baby are doing really well. It really has flown by hasn’t it?

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:00 pm

I know, its been a bit more challenging but its really flown by. I only have about 5 weeks left, eek!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:01 pm

He is wonderful little man when he wants to be, I have no idea how he remembers for me to do my blood tests. Err..I better do one now actually πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:27 pm

thanks Kim, he seems to be loving it right now so we’re hoping it just lasts…and lasts!

8. Ojo Henley August 9, 2015 / 2:54 pm

He looks so tiny on that big bed! Bless him, I’m glad he likes it, and I’m sure he’ll be a fantastic big brother x
    Ojo Henley recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:30 pm

He looks tiny till the morning when he’s all sprawled out like an octopus πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:31 pm

Thanks Darren, I think he really is loving it. Just got some last bits to do in there and then it’ll be finished.

9. Angela August 9, 2015 / 4:16 pm

Little Z is so cute! I bet the new bedroom is like a new big adventure for him,glad he is enjoying it x

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:31 pm

I think it is too, we need to get some glow in the dark stars up there for him as I think he’d love that!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:37 pm

It really is, I need a one of those remote controls with a pause button on it. He is loving it though thankfully πŸ™‚

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:39 pm

It actually stayed, but hmmm…we still do need to clear out that particular cupboard πŸ™‚

10. Suzanne3Childrenandit August 9, 2015 / 6:13 pm

Ah this is such a lovely read Tas. What a big boy he is now. I had my concerns for that transition at the beginning of your post but so glad to see it all ended well πŸ™‚ x x
    Suzanne3Childrenandit recently posted…A Glimmer of HopeMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:40 pm

We thought it would be a big fat fail if I’m honest. Its needing his dad to go in a few times but he’s loving it so far!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:40 pm

Ha I knowwwww! I have no idea how its flown by so so quickly. But I think we’re finally almost there.

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:41 pm

He does seem to be liking it a lot. I’ve just ended up buying even more footy accessories, oops!

11. Emma T August 9, 2015 / 11:10 pm

Aw, that’s great he loves his room.

N would love to have a double bed, but the OH put his foot down about us even getting him a cabin bed. Poor boy’s stuck with an ancient divan bed with a saggy mattress.
    Emma T recently posted…Summer holiday fancy dress fun with George at AsdaMy Profile

12. Elaine Livingstone August 10, 2015 / 8:44 am

Aaaahhhh thats lovely of him. Makes sense to move him now before you get too tired to want to do it. Hope he likes his new room.
    Why do men insist on keeping junk…..we have sheds, loft and cupboards full of stuff we may need one day.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 32My Profile

13. Honest Mum August 10, 2015 / 6:43 pm

So glad he loved it, he’s so grown up now, I’ve been following your blog for so many years, it seems crazy he’s not still a baby! Now I’m going on holiday tomorrow and wondering if I’ll have baby news when I get back, hope you are feeling well xx
    Honest Mum recently posted…Watermelon, Feta Cheese & Pomegranate SaladMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:44 pm

Hope you have a fantastic holiday, am loving all the holiday pics already!! πŸ™‚

14. Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) August 10, 2015 / 8:50 pm

We co-sleep for so many reasons and one of it is that we dont have a spare room. Its so nice to hear that you made that room his and that he loves it! #mysundayphoto
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted…Seafront BikingMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 10:10 pm

Thanks Merlinda, we’re hoping to have it all completed very soon!

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 10:11 pm

Thanks πŸ™‚ So far so good, although he’s liking company in there!

15. Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) August 11, 2015 / 9:09 pm

Ahh Tas, you know he will be a fantastic big brother. He is at the perfect age for it too and I’m glad he loves his new room. We moved Lucas (ahem…into the smaller room) before the twins came but we decorated it all nicely and he was so excited with his new room. He now goes off ‘for a rest’ to get away from the twins πŸ˜‰
    Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) recently posted…Living Arrows {32/52}My Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:50 pm

Haha they are so cute when they do that aren’t they?

16. Renee Rispin August 14, 2015 / 10:38 am

This just made me cry. I don’t know whether it’s because I’m sleep deprived and cry hormonal this week, or because I’ve been feeling nostalgic about my baby boy. Wow such a big milestone, soon to be a big brother in his big room. Glad he loves it. Keep us posted on how he’s doing x
    Renee Rispin recently posted…#BestAndWorst…The day we went back to bed…xMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:46 pm

Oh I’m so sorry, sending you hugs. Hope you get some good sleep very very soon. If it helps, I have been a hormonal monster all day long today xx

17. Naomi August 14, 2015 / 10:40 am

I’ve been doing exactly the same thing this week! Our son will be moving into his ‘big boy bedroom’ early next week – we have a weekend of visitors first. I’m so happy your son loved it!
    Naomi recently posted…A Swashbuckling Pirate PartyMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 15, 2015 / 9:45 pm

Oh Good luck Naomi, he is really enjoying it although is needing some reassurance from time to time. Hope yours loves it too!