A new addition a week on

It’s been a week already and we are very much in a feed, sleep, change nappy, repeat, cycle.  It’s very nice, albeit bloomin tiring.  This time round there is no earth shattering overwhelming mental change you have to go through, that comes with the first, so it feels slightly more bearable and all a bit more calmer.  Don’t get me wrong, we definitely look like zombies some days and I am living in my ultra starry dressing gown and pjs most days.  It also looks like we have a bit of a florists flower displays on our windowsill, and by that I mean we have several unwrapped bouquets in one vase.  I definitely need more vases.  I definitely also need to do some much needed flower arranging, quickly.  Maybe that will be my one mission for tomorrow.  Today’s was sampling pink lemonade lucozade.  It’s very very nice!

Little Baby E has finally been named and wow was that hard.   You’d think we had more than enough time with the whole 9 months pregnancy thing but, when it came down to it, picking one name was pretty difficult.    But it’s done now and we should register it quick smart before we change our minds.   The perception is that he is a very calm baby compared to Little Z.  I think the reality is that his parents look far less frazzled this time and that’s what is sending off the “calm” vibe.   He is pretty calm though and I hope it continues.  He always has a thoughtful look on his face, like he’s thinking about something.  Little Z was a coo-er right from the start.

Oh, he’s not that calm when he’s wanting feeding.  Then he’s like a little baby velociraptor with a super powerful clamp.   He looks like a permanently hungry little bird in the nest, beak wide open all the time, searching for his next feed. And he’ll latch onto anything, including his own arm.  It’s very cute.

Little Z finds him fascinating and boring all at once.  Why does he have no teeth? Why does he not talk? When will he talk?  When will he get his teeth?  Does he like biscuits?  The questions are thick and fast but he’s slowly realising babies don’t actually do that much.   There is a serious amount of bodyguarding when visitors come round and also a serious amount of baby toy vetting before the baby can even see it.  At least I think that’s what he’s doing.

Family and friends have been amazing and we have a whole bunch of presents and cards and all sorts.  One of the nicest surprises this week was when my oldest friends, who now lives abroad, popped in as a complete surprise.  I’d started suspecting about 30 minutes before she arrived at my door.  But ahhhh, how lovely to see her.  We then had to talk at a million miles an hour as she was only here for a few hours.

We have no routine yet and the baby does not sleep through the night.  I’ve been very good and not punched either of the humans that asked me those questions this week.  Moreso I’m also not bothered about a routine.  Not just yet.   Although, some 5 hour blocks of sleep would be rather fabulous right now.

(Week 12 of Project 52 and linking up to Sunday Photo)

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

1. Sarah Christie September 26, 2015 / 8:13 pm

Ah congratulations, I hope you are both feeling well? I bet little Z is a little deflated, I know Jack was when Joe arrived I think he was expecting a baby to be born and then be playing with him in no time ha ha x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Weekly Round Up, ChangeMy Profile

2. Nikki Thomas September 26, 2015 / 10:19 pm

A week!! Already!! I bet you are exhausted and probably still getting to grips with everything. I’m so glad that you are both doing well and that you have found a name. I am looking forward to hearing all about him xx
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…A glimpse of the childMy Profile

3. Tim September 27, 2015 / 12:15 am

Congrats! I bet the week has flashed by in a blur. Naming is always funny, isn’t it? First time around in particular, we agonised for months and months. With each of our three we had a shortlist of 3-4 boys’ and girls’ names – with the boys we slept on it overnight before opting for the name that just felt most right. With Kara, we knew immediately.
    Tim recently posted…My Sunday Photo: No, Iā€™m not Bert ViolaMy Profile

4. Chloe September 27, 2015 / 7:54 am

Oh congratulations!!!! šŸ˜€ It sounds like a very busy week. I’m glad he’s a calm baby and Little Z is settling ok with him. šŸ™‚ #mysundayphoto
    Chloe recently posted…#MYSUNDAYPHOTOMy Profile

5. Erica Price September 27, 2015 / 8:22 am

I don’t know what planet people are on when they talk about routines and even worse sleeping through the night so early. Sounds like Z is enjoying being a big brother. Love that things are more chilled this time round and had to laugh at the velociraptor bit.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 39 of 2015My Profile

6. Coombe Mill September 27, 2015 / 8:31 am

I bet this post felt years away just a week ago! I think it will be a while before you have a night’s full sleep but it is all so exciting
    Coombe Mill recently posted…Weekly Farm PhotoMy Profile

7. Tracey @ mummyshire September 27, 2015 / 8:50 am

Oh how lovely, time first few weeks of getting to know each other, baby cuddles and that perfume excitement as well as overwhelming tiredness!!
    Congratulations xx xx

8. chickenruby September 27, 2015 / 9:24 am

I love all the questions from Z about his new little brother, how lovely to have such a wonderful surprise from your friend
    chickenruby recently posted…Week 39 – My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

9. Tom Briggs September 27, 2015 / 9:41 am

I’ve completely missed your happy news until now – congratulations to you all! Sounds like the new arrival is doing well – brace yourself for plenty more questions though!
    Tom Briggs recently posted…I’m speaking at Mumsnet Bumpfest!My Profile

10. chantelle hazelden September 27, 2015 / 9:41 am

aaaa congrats again lovely. I’ve kept all the cards from when I had all of mine, lovely to look back on #project365
    chantelle hazelden recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

11. Louise September 27, 2015 / 9:49 am

Love all those cards and I can imagine that finding time to unwrap the flowers from the cellophane and arrange them beautifully is perhaps not highest on your priority list! Love that Little Baby E now has a name and Little Z checking out the baby toys before his baby brother can see them made me chuckle. Hope you are settling in well to life as a family of four and not struggling too much with the sleep deprivation.
    Louise recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

12. OneDad3Girls September 27, 2015 / 10:26 am

I hope things are going well, those first few weeks seem to fly past so quickly

OneDad3Girls recently posted…#MySundayPhoto – SunsetMy Profile

13. Sarah MumofThree World September 27, 2015 / 12:03 pm

So glad it’s going well. Great to read that Baby E is calmer than his brother was. Like you say, it’s probably your experience! My younger two were so much easier than their brother. It’s such early days – who has a routine at this point? Babies aren’t supposed to have a routine yet!
    (Loved spotting my card at the front of the picture there!) x
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 27.9.15My Profile

14. Pippa Ainsworth September 27, 2015 / 1:26 pm

So pleased it’s all going well. I think it’s so much easier with number two, you don’t second guess every single thing! People do ask the most ridiculous questions about new babies! Well done on the not punching.
    Pippa Ainsworth recently posted…Dora and Friends Comes to DVDMy Profile

15. Iona@redpeffer September 27, 2015 / 6:39 pm

Congratulations-sorry I’m late off the mark. And I agree, I’m totally impressed you’ve found the time to write the pst šŸ™‚
    Iona@redpeffer recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

16. Mummy Tries September 27, 2015 / 7:51 pm

Sounds like it’s all going really well honey! I cannot believe someone asked you if a week old baby was sleeping through the night, some people really need a good poke in the eye šŸ˜‰
    Mummy Tries recently posted…A Linky with a Difference Week 2 #DiffLinkyMy Profile

17. LauraCYMFT September 27, 2015 / 7:55 pm

Awww he sounds like a wonderful baby! I think you are less deer caught in headlights second time round and babies sense that. Poor Z. He’ll soon have a play friend that will talk non stop.
    LauraCYMFT recently posted…Being VIPs for a DayMy Profile

18. HelpfulMum September 27, 2015 / 8:11 pm

Congratulations on not punching the people who asked you those questions! I would have struggled. This is a lovely picture and one so many mums can relate to!
    HelpfulMum recently posted…27.09.15 Silent SundayMy Profile

19. Emma T September 27, 2015 / 9:28 pm

Glad all’s going well. I expect n would be the same as Z with all the questions.

Can’t believe people have asked if he’s sleeping through the night. It would be a miracle for any baby to at this early stage!
    Emma T recently posted…School days – Macmillan Coffee MorningMy Profile

20. Jenny Paulin September 27, 2015 / 10:17 pm

yes some of what you said does sound very familiar . It is easier in some ways with the second but equally more tiring because there are two children to be a mummy to. it sounds like you are doing really well though which is fab news xx
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Chocolate Cakey Baby PopsMy Profile

21. Cazzarama September 27, 2015 / 11:17 pm

Awwww great news. Was so pleased to stumble across your newborn pic last week and lovely to hear it’s all going well. Can’t believe you haven’t got the baby sleeping through the night yet though – what’s wrong with you? šŸ˜‰ MySundayPhoto x
    Cazzarama recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

22. Kara September 28, 2015 / 10:39 am

Huge congratulations – I found that being more relaxed the second time around certainly helps. I am sure his feeding will calm down soon too but I love the description – you are so right about them being little Velociraptors :0)
    Kara recently posted…Princess Palace Pets Bright Eyes ReviewMy Profile

23. Liska @NewMumOnline September 28, 2015 / 12:14 pm

Ah it’s a joy to read this. The fascinating and boring bit I think will be Aaron too come January. The penny dropped at the weekend that it is only round the corner. Your dressing gown sounds lovely – I am glad you are getting enough rest. Loved reading this update. Lots of love and congrats to you and the whole family. Liska xx
    Liska @NewMumOnline recently posted…Reading Levels Reception and Year 1My Profile

24. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely September 28, 2015 / 8:15 pm

Isn’t it so much calmer the second time around?! Even though I was exhausted, I enjoyed it so much more because I knew to just relax in to it. And also that there’s nothing to be ashamed about sitting in your pjs each day eating biscuits. Love reading your updates. It takes me back to when my two were born x
    Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely recently posted…York in a dayMy Profile

25. Sara | mumturnedmom October 1, 2015 / 4:09 pm

Oh gosh, I can’t believe someone asked you if was sleeping through! It sounds like it’s going wonderfully well, and I loved reading this, the happiness shines through it. I certainly found it all calmer second time round, enjoy every minute lovely x
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…The Prompt: Week 85My Profile

26. Susan Mann October 1, 2015 / 11:25 pm

Congratulations lovely, he is so gorgeous. Why on earth would someone ask if he was sleeping through. Glad it’s going well. Take it easy when you can hon x
    Susan Mann recently posted…In The Night Garden Live ā€“ ReviewMy Profile

27. MissPond October 2, 2015 / 2:41 pm

Congratulations! I remember being like Little Z when my sister was born- when can she play dollies with me? why does she not hug her teddy yet? etc! I hope you manage to get some rest soon I can’t even imagine how tiring a newborn is x
    MissPond recently posted…Cane and Grain Tiki Masterclass | ManchesterMy Profile