3 weeks old

Somehow, 3 whole weeks have flown by in a sort of sleep deprived milk feeding whirlwind.  How the heck did that happen?  Little Baby E has grown out of all of Little Zs newborn clothes as well as all of his own and is now looking slightly dwarfed in 0 to 3 months.  There is no in between though so, for now, he has plenty of room to kick about and look like a failed Houdini baby as his arms and legs look like they’re half escaping his babygros.

We are all a bit sleep deprived and delirious but the weeks are fast flying by and he’ll be a whole month old in a few weeks.  We still study him daily and comment how he’s changed all over again, not having a clue who he really looks like, yet pouring over photos of Little Z and saying “ah yes, don’t they look so similar?”.

I think this next week will be our first week peeking out through the baby bubble we find ourselves in.  The Other Half goes back to work and I at least have to get Little Z ready for school as we have a bit of help with the school run for a few days yet.  The big brother that always wants to hold the baby and isn’t phased one bit when he’s screaming at the top of his well formed lungs.  He simply deploys Ewan the dream sheep or will shush the baby with all the patience in the world.   There is still a lot of impatience at how Baby E can’t actually do anything yet.  Why can’t he play football?  When can he play football?  Luckily Sarah and Duck and Bing provide a distraction away from the baby brother whose social life consists of sleeping a lot and drinking a lot of milk.

Little E continues to give off a calm vibe.  As everyone says, he will change a lot yet and his personality will come through.  My gut instinct says he is going a much calmer soul than his brother.  Time will tell.

It feels like an eternity ago that he came along to join us, not just 3 weeks.  Sleep is very much missed right now and I’m fully aware a whole nights sleep is probably far far away right now.  There’s a tiny deluded part of me that still hopes it comes along within the next few weeks. That would be just lovely!

(Week 13 of Project 52 and linking up to Sunday Photo)

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

1. Sarah MumofThree World October 10, 2015 / 8:06 pm

Fingers crossed you get that sleep soon! Love that Z wants his little brother to play football already 🙂 I always felt my younger two were calmer than their big brother when they were tiny – and they were!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2015 Week 41My Profile

2. Nikki Thomas October 10, 2015 / 8:33 pm

Aw he is so beautiful. No idea when the sleep will come but it probably will be a while before he can play football. It is lovely that Z loves his brother though. Hoping you get some sleep soon xx
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…My Hotter Moment 2015My Profile

3. HelpfulMum October 10, 2015 / 8:34 pm

He is absolutely gorgeous. I remember that feeling of dread at knowing my husband was going back to work.
    HelpfulMum recently posted…Your YouTube #43My Profile

4. Kim Carberry October 10, 2015 / 8:52 pm

Three weeks seems to have flown over…Probably not for you in your sleep deprived state! He is gorgeous ! I hope you get some sleep soon x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Project 365 – Week 41My Profile

5. Tim October 11, 2015 / 12:14 am

Glad to hear E is doing well. IT *is* a funny time when they’ve outgrown their newborn clothes and are in too-large babygros with the ends of their arms and legs hanging off. Such a lovely time (sleep permitting).
    Tim recently posted…My Sunday Photo: Run, Isaac, run!My Profile

6. Kriss MacDonald October 11, 2015 / 12:22 am

Just gorgeous – sorry can I repeat….just gorgeous.
    Kriss MacDonald recently posted…SanctuaryMy Profile

7. Erica Price October 11, 2015 / 8:44 am

The three weeks seem to have flown by. How dare E not be ready to play football yet! Lovely picture.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 41 of 2015My Profile

8. Kara October 11, 2015 / 11:24 am

That in between baby clothing stage is cute although Sebby used to move both feet into one leg and get frustrated! Can’t believe he is 3 weeks already!
    Kara recently posted…Project 365 2015 – Week 41My Profile

9. chickenruby October 11, 2015 / 11:50 am

he is gorgeous and so worth those sleepness nights, it may have been a long time since i had a baby, 16 years, but i really don’t remember the struggle of little or no sleep
    chickenruby recently posted…Week 41 – Project 365My Profile

10. Neesie October 11, 2015 / 3:14 pm

I think black and white photographs give a timeless feel to any subject, which is probably quite apt for you just now. Sleep deprivation isn’t fun. I know I’ve been there when my son was born!
    Gorgeous but phew… all consuming. He’s a little cutie and congratulations on your three weeks ;D
    Neesie recently posted…My Sunday Photo… Floors Castle, Scottish BordersMy Profile

11. Chloe October 11, 2015 / 4:11 pm

I really hope you get some sleep soon, but what a perfect little bundle of joy! An absolutely gorgeous picture. xx #mysundayphoto
    Chloe recently posted…#MYSUNDAYPHOTOMy Profile

12. Leslie October 11, 2015 / 5:21 pm

Aww, what a little cutie! He’s only 3 weeks and already out growing things. At least he has a little roaming room in his new clothes. Happy Sunday to you & your family.
    Leslie recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

13. Sarah Christie October 11, 2015 / 8:23 pm

I hope you get sleep soon, I think it came to us at 6 weeks so fingers crossed its not long. I remember Jack being devastated when Joe was born and would not be able to play football for ages ha ha x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

14. Jenny Paulin October 11, 2015 / 8:43 pm

awww that is a beautiful photo Tas and you all seem to be coping well, 3 weeks into his life. The sleep thing is hard I remember well, but it will soon pass because time with the second one whizzes past!!! xx
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Cheese, Carrot & Marmite Oaty BreadMy Profile

15. Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) October 14, 2015 / 5:23 pm

He is gorgeous, three whole weeks old! It seems to have flown by even to me and I’m not in that baby bubble! I remember feeling quite relaxed about the lack of sleep second time round until we hit 12 weeks, then it got too much, haha! xx
    Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) recently posted…Picture Ledge RefreshMy Profile