A Month Old

Little E is now an entire month old and I’m not sure how the weeks have flown by already.   We are very much in the feed, sleep and change nappy cycle and we spend more than a few days a week in dressing gowns and pjs.   I realised today that I only seem to go out properly about once a week, when I’m chauffeured about by the Other Half.  For now, it’s lovely but I do miss driving a lot.  Another few weeks and I’ll be back behind that wheel.

At one month old Little E still seems a calm cool baby. Nappy changes and babygrow changes are the work of evil though. He will scream the entire house down until those poppers are shut again. Then calm cool baby resumes once more.  The neighbours who really don’t really like babies at all are probably hating us right about now.

I think we’ve hit that wall of tiredness.  The one where you walk about like a zombie and spend the entire day thinking about where your next nap is going to come from.  Second time is easier in a way but it still hits you like a tonne of very tired bricks.  And when playtime is 10 till 2am each night it’s hard to keep up with our little party animal night after night.

I know each month will fly by at super lightning speed so this time round I’m not going to wish the months away impatiently wanting him to start playing or sitting up or crawling.  The baby bubble, for all its tiredness and zombieness, is rather nice.

(Week 14 of Project 52 and linking up to Sunday Photo)

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

1. Sarah MumofThree World October 17, 2015 / 9:24 pm

Lovely to hear that you’re enjoying it, even if you are very tired. Hopefully he will adjust the time of his party time soon!
    PS How can anyone not like babies?! I don’t get it at all!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2015 Week 42My Profile

2. Erica Price October 18, 2015 / 7:02 am

Glad you are enjoying it despite the tiredness. The time is going so fast, you’re right to enjoy the stage while it lasts.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 42 of 2015My Profile

3. Single Mother Ahoy October 18, 2015 / 7:44 am

Oh, gosh – that month has gone really quickly! Lovely photo. There’s just something about a newborn’s feet isn’t there!
    Single Mother Ahoy recently posted…My Sunday Photo 2015-10-18My Profile

4. Kara October 18, 2015 / 12:58 pm

I cannot believe he is a month old already, hope you are loving every minute of those baby snuggles, they’re over far too quickly
    Kara recently posted…Project 365 2015, Week 42My Profile

5. Ojo Henley October 18, 2015 / 1:31 pm

That is an adorable photo. You are right, the months do fly by, but you are recording it here, so you get to keep the memories for a lifetime (especially the ones that are lost from sleep deprivation!) xx
    Ojo Henley recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

6. Anne October 18, 2015 / 2:36 pm

There is something so cute about about baby feet x It’s such a tiring time but it’s all over so quick, do continue to make the most of it while you can, there’s plenty of time for sleep and normal things later. xx
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo 18th october 2015My Profile

7. Coombemill October 18, 2015 / 4:02 pm

A month already and reality of life catching up, I hope you manage some sleep catch up, someone will in that cosy baby grow!
    Coombemill recently posted…Weekly Farm PhotoMy Profile

8. Katrina Chambers October 18, 2015 / 7:19 pm

Oooh you tease, with those cheeky little feet peering out, but no gorgeous face shot. Gosh the tiredness, I think after 4 years the pain of that is still burned into my brain, its so hard! Good luck getting through the tired phase, but enjoy the beautiful cuddles while you have them!
    Katrina x #mysundayphoto
    Katrina Chambers recently posted…#MySundayPhoto – An autumnal WalkMy Profile

9. HelpfulMum October 18, 2015 / 8:03 pm

Oh my goodness, those tiny little feet! I think the memory of the tiredness is one of the main reasons I couldn’t do it again!
    HelpfulMum recently posted…Leesa mattress reviewMy Profile

10. Sarah Christie October 18, 2015 / 8:54 pm

Wow I cant believe it is a month it has flown, I loved that baby bubble its such a lovely place to be x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

11. tracey at Mummyshire October 18, 2015 / 9:54 pm

I just love tiny baby feet, they’re so cute. I agree with you, take it easy and don’t rush to the next milestone, enjoy the baby babble as it goes by far too quickly
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Sunday Photo : 18 October 2015My Profile

12. Elaine Livingstone October 19, 2015 / 9:48 pm

dont care how many babies you have, you do forget how truly awful the first six weeks are, just how unbelievably tired you become and yet you still just about manage to function.
    Four weeks old and as cute as a button makes it all woth while though.

13. Ruth (geekmummy) October 20, 2015 / 6:40 am

Gorgeous little baby feet! Can’t believe he’s a month old already – that seems to have gone really fast (perhaps not so much to you though!). It helps when you have older kids to know that the baby phase it just a phase, and it will be over soon.
    Ruth (geekmummy) recently posted…My week in photos: 11th – 17th October 2015My Profile

14. chickenruby October 20, 2015 / 10:39 am

i do have sympathy with you and your neighbours, its been a long time since i’ve had to deal with a crying baby, but my kids as teens were very noisy with their arguing and fighting which I’m sure upset the neighbours far more
    chickenruby recently posted…Animal Tales from my travels to South AfricaMy Profile

15. Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) October 21, 2015 / 8:45 pm

A whole month old? Oh Tas I can just about remember that tiredness, you will get there! I hope you have someone to come and give you a little respite? I’d love to offer but with my twins in tow you couldn’t get much peace and quiet to rest xx
    Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) recently posted…Pumpkin Patch Adventures {Living Arrows}My Profile

16. Louise October 21, 2015 / 9:47 pm

Wow, can’t believe Little E is a month old already. That wall of tiredness is so hard though isn’t it? Hope you manage to get a little more sleep soon.
    Louise recently posted…One day I will miss these momentsMy Profile

17. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely October 22, 2015 / 9:58 pm

Take your time. With Matty, I think I hibernated for about six months and I don’t regret a single minute. We were in a dream-like sleepy state and it was rather lovely. Keep yourself fed, watered and watch lots of TV and indulge in sleepy cuddles. The outside world will wait x
    Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely recently posted…This faceMy Profile