Reaching the 6 week milestone

Little Baby E has reached the huge milestone of 6 weeks where he’s meant to “turn a corner”, settle down, sleep through etc etc.   He definitely doesn’t do the latter consistently but I have to admit he’s a tiny bit easier than his big brother was at that age.  I was pretty frazzled rocking Little Z hourly when he was around the same age, thinking it was normal for a baby to wake so frequently around the clock.  What I didn’t realise at the time was that he was catching up as he was so tiny and he would continue to behave like that for at least another 6 months.

Baby E seems to be slightly more chilled. There are nights he feels generous on his mummy and will have a 4 hour sleep stretch at time and there are nights where he must have quite a lot to tell me so wakes every couple of hours.   The sleeping through is a fair bit away yet.  But that’s expected.

This last week he’s discovered he has hands he can use to touch and things and how to flash a huge smile and coo at people, so it’s very cute watching him gurgle away… even at 3am.  He does need to work on not accidentally whacking himself in the face, although he seems to recover quite quickly, thankfully.  He’s fast learnt the best place to sleep is cosily, in someone’s arms. He’s also enjoying observing his brother dart about the house and tries his hardest to keep up with his wherabouts.  He manages a few seconds before he loses track but enjoys the regular “chats” him regularly, mainly about superheroes, football and playing outside.

Oh, and I can drive again. Hurrah!!

(Week 15 of Project 52 and linking up to Sunday Photo)

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

1. Kim Carberry October 31, 2015 / 7:48 pm

Aww! He is just adorable…I can’t believe he is 6 weeks already! Time flies!
    It sounds like your boys are getting along well. So sweet x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Project 365 – Week 44My Profile

2. Erica Price November 1, 2015 / 9:25 am

Good to be back driving and have your freedom back. I can’t believe how quickly 6 weeks have gone. Looking gorgeous too.
    Erica Price recently posted…ASDA Wooden ToysMy Profile

3. Sarah Christie November 1, 2015 / 10:52 am

Ah I love it when babies discover their hands it is so sweet when they spend ages looking at them xx
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

4. John Adams November 1, 2015 / 1:59 pm

They look very happy together! Congrats on being able to drive again and hope you get another five hours sleep tonight! #MySundayphoto
    John Adams recently posted…The day I became a dadMy Profile

5. Mamavsteacher November 1, 2015 / 8:50 pm

That is definitely a very cute little face! #MySundayPhoto
    Mamavsteacher recently posted…MySundayPhoto – a year onMy Profile

6. Foz November 1, 2015 / 9:24 pm

Minus the lack of sleep, this is such a cute age. Simply adore that picture! Love that they chat about superheros and football!
    Foz recently posted…Project 365 – Days 291 to 304My Profile

7. The Reading Residence November 2, 2015 / 8:37 am

Wow, that’s flown by! He looks utterly adorable. I remember my son being fascinated by his big sister, always watching her. It’s lovely to see x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Potty Trained in 2 DaysMy Profile

8. Honest mum November 2, 2015 / 2:08 pm

Look at those gorgeous boys, they are just beautiful and so glad you are driving again, it’s liberating isn’t it. Every time I visit your blog I leave feeling so broody x
    Honest mum recently posted…The Importance of Saying ‘No’My Profile

9. Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) November 2, 2015 / 3:26 pm

Just the cutest photo, love to see Z getting in on the baby action. Isn’t it funny that six weeks seems like such a long time and yet no time at all?! I feel like you had him ages ago and yet he is still a tiny six week old! xx
    Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) recently posted…Living Arrows {44/52}My Profile

10. Renee @peonieandme November 5, 2015 / 10:39 am

What a gorgeous picture. Ahh I soooo remember that incredible 6 week mark when you start to feel alive again and your baby is developing so much. But more importantly being able to drive again after a C section. I rarely spend a day at home now x
    Renee @peonieandme recently posted…#BestandWorst…The day we lost Bjorn…xMy Profile

11. Maxine November 6, 2015 / 6:09 pm

Oh my gosh he’s gorgeous ans congratulations by the way!! Look at that smile and it looks like someone is going to be an amazing big brother.I’m 25 weeks pregnant today so looking forward to reading more of your posts.
    Maxine recently posted…Bloggers ChallengeMy Profile

12. Farmerswifeandmummy November 9, 2015 / 7:35 am

Yay for driving. Oh my goodness he is gorgeous and I can’t believe those lovely smiles already. I think mums deserve some kind of awards at 6 weeks for getting through 🙂
    Farmerswifeandmummy recently posted…#MaternityMondays Week 45My Profile

13. chickenruby November 9, 2015 / 2:08 pm

he obviously has a very active mind all that flinging around in his sleep, glad to hear you’re driving again
    chickenruby recently posted…Week 45 – Project 365My Profile