Baby E at 8 weeks old

Sleep has been scarce this week and I couldn’t understand at first why we’d suddenly gone back to so many feeds.  Eventually, a quick google told me he’s going through a big mental leap where he now recognises patterns and can differentiate regular patterns.  Which explains why he’s been looking at his hands a lot.  It’s very cute.   It’s expected to last around another two weeks so I think we’re going to have a lot more cuddling and frequent wake ups for a bit.

There is a lot of cooing and gurgling and it’s so lovely to see him communicate and smile. You can see his little head turn to follow us as we move about the room. Although, with little Z he tends to give up eventually as his big brother moves at the speed of a bouncing ball most of the time.  His big brother is enjoying being an entertainer but has to be regularly reminded to be gentle and that “he’s just a baby, he doesn’t understand what a light sabre is just yet.”  I think Little Z is desperate to have a Jedi fight with someone and frequently argues “it’s pretend Mummy!” each time I point out the vices of fighting.  Baby E mostly looks bemused at the antics of his big brother whilst Little Z is always slightly disappointed that Baby E doesn’t really do anything fun.   I have no real clue how to juggle two right now and I’m not sure whether I’m doing it right or not.  It feels very much like I’m winging it at the moment.   It will balance itself out soon, hopefully.

I get the feeling Baby E may be a thumb sucker.  He’s trying very hard to put it into his mouth but just not got it quite right.  Throw in a love of hugging muslins and I think this baby is slowly turning into Linus from Charlie Brown, which would be very cute of course.   It’s just not quite emerged yet so we’re still waiting.  It reminds me I need to go watch the new Peanuts movie with Little Z when it comes out!

(Week 17 of Project 52 and linking up to Sunday Photo)

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

1. Sarah MumofThree World November 14, 2015 / 9:05 pm

He’s so adorable! It’s a shame he can’t play with a light sabre though 😉
    I’m sure you’re doing brilliantly looking after two of them. I don’t think we ever feel we completely have it sussed to be honest!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2015 Week 46My Profile

2. Foz November 14, 2015 / 9:28 pm

Awww so cute….. all your pictures of him are going to make me broody! Can’t believe its 8 weeks already!
    Foz recently posted…Project 365 – Days 312 to 318My Profile

3. HelpfulMum November 14, 2015 / 9:54 pm

Aww, what a gorgeous picture. My daughter started sucking her thumb at 12 weeks and is still going strong at 4!
    HelpfulMum recently posted…Blinds Supermarket reviewMy Profile

4. Jenny Paulin November 14, 2015 / 11:00 pm

wow 8 weeks old already! The time is whizzing past Tas. He is just gorgeous! I was a thumb sucker and for a whole we thought Burton might be as he was on his scan photo! But once he was born he rarely did it and has never done since x x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Project 365, 2015. Week 46My Profile

5. Tim November 15, 2015 / 12:16 am

E looks gorgeous, and it’s nice to know Z is already taking an interest in his future partner in crime!
    Tim recently posted…My Sunday Photo: The C-wordMy Profile

6. Sharon Powell November 15, 2015 / 8:13 am

He is a little beauty! Sounds like he’s growing perfectly X
    Sharon Powell recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

7. Erica Price November 15, 2015 / 8:23 am

So sweet! It must be a frustration that he’s not up for light sabre play yet (although I’m sure it will be sooner than you think).
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 46 of 2015My Profile

8. Neesie November 15, 2015 / 2:06 pm

An adorable photo. I was sleep deprived for nine months after my son arrived but it was so worth it even though it’s tough when you’re going through it.
    How exciting to note all the tiny developmental stages too. It’s completely thrilling and mind blowing all rolled into one. Enjoy!
    Neesie recently posted…My Sunday Photo….Cathedral Cove, New ZealandMy Profile

9. Natalie November 15, 2015 / 9:37 pm

This picture melts my heart, he looks so beautiful. Perfect picture I hope the sleep deprivation isn’t too bad x
    Natalie recently posted…A Windy WalkMy Profile

10. Sarah November 15, 2015 / 10:17 pm

Aww, he looks so cosy there. I know the feeling of winging it….I definitely am. I’m going with the theory that as long as everyone is alive and fed by the end of the day then we’re doing OK!
    Sarah recently posted…Living Arrows 45/52 {2015}My Profile

11. Louise November 15, 2015 / 11:29 pm

Gorgeous photo of Baby E – can’t believe he is 8 weeks old already. I remember the feeling of winging it very well – it did eventually get easier but those early days and weeks of adjusting to two children were tough at times.
    Louise recently posted…Siblings – NovemberMy Profile

12. Rachel In Real Life November 16, 2015 / 6:53 pm

Beautiful photo of Baby E there. I remember the 8-10 week sleep regression well; you have my sympathies! I am sure you are doing a great job managing the two of them and you will settle into your own routine soon enough. x
    Rachel In Real Life recently posted…A Busy Half TermMy Profile

13. Sara | mumturnedmom November 18, 2015 / 3:36 pm

Ah, what a beautiful photo! The lack of sleep is hard work, but it will ease, eventually 🙂 Such a shame E can’t play with a light sabre yet… And, honestly, I think we’re all winging it!
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Siblings: November 2015My Profile