Baby E at 9 weeks old

We’ve hit 9 weeks old this week and something slightly strange has happened.  Usually he’s woken for a feed by normal baby crying which starts off all grizzly at first and gets louder and louder until I’m feeding him.  The last couple of days he’s simply woken up and done some loud baby “shouting” rather than crying.  As Z never did that I’m finding it really strange but it’s so funny to hear, like an angry little man demanding his food impatiently as if he’s annoyed by the crappy milk service being offered at 3am.  It’s definitely nicer than hearing him cry though.  He does love the sound of his own voice right now and will keep coo-ing and calling out.  One time he was so tired his eyes were completely closed and he was still calling out whilst falling asleep all at the same time.  I’m trying to record him doing that again but of course he’s then wide awake staring suspiciously at the strange black device being pointed him constantly.

My friend said something a few weeks back about how babies will look at you in the most adoring way no matter how you look and never was such a truer word spoken.  Baby E has given me the biggest smiles this week despite me looking like some kind of bag lady tramp with the greasiest hair possibly imaginable.  I’m still very much at the phase of feeling victorious if I fit in a 10 second shower somewhere in the day.  Hair washing is a luxury most days but oh those 10 minutes of freshly dried hair is amazing, right before I have to tie it back up again so the baby doesn’t grab it and eat it!  Despite all the greasiness and zombiness, the Other Half and I recalled how much more relaxed we are this time.  I think it took me over a week to switch a laptop on again when we had Z.  And about 5 months before we left him somewhere.  This time we waited about 6 weeks before we started going out again.

He’s now a lot less terrified of his big brothers loudness and general clanging about and loves watching him.  His big eyes follow him about the room as best he can, head tilting all angles to get a good view.  Little Z on the other hand always wants to pick his baby sibling up, whether he’s awake or not.   There is a lot of “don’t wake him up” type of reminding going on at the moment.  Coincidentally, Baby E always wakes the few seconds I leave the room with both of them together and Little Z always swears he most definitely and absolutely did not wake him up.  Honest mum.

I’m hoping the next few weeks brings with it a lot more hair washes and a lot less shocked looks from Little Z each time I look presentable.  “Is it your birthday mummy?” was one such question when I put on a dress last week and did’t just throw on a top with jeggings.  Hmm!

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

1. Sarah MumofThree World November 21, 2015 / 8:40 pm

That smile! Such a gorgeous photo. He’s already looking so much more grown up.
    Such a lovely post which also made me laugh – especially the bag lady tramp and how E coincidentally wakes up when he’s awake with Z.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2015 Week 47My Profile

2. Emma T November 21, 2015 / 9:20 pm

Aw, he’s looking so cute. So much fun when they find their voices, isn’t it.

N’s just the same. When and if I’m in something other than work gear, or jeans, N always tells me how nice I look (if it’s a skirt – like a ballerina dress). Nice to hear even if it is from a 4 year old!
    Emma T recently posted…Project 365 2015 week 47My Profile

3. Bek Dillydrops November 22, 2015 / 1:15 am

What a cute little man! This is the type of photo that you can look at and smile at because you know how happy your little one is. Wonderful. The 10 second showers – I remember those well. I’m pleased I get a full minute nowadays.
    Bek Dillydrops recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Goblin SuppliesMy Profile

4. Brooke November 22, 2015 / 8:45 am

What a darling little thing and all bundled up for some cold weather excursion!

5. Katie @mummydaddyme November 24, 2015 / 8:18 pm

Look at that smile! He is absolutely gorgeous and I will now be reading his updates with even more interest considering I will be having a little boy in the near future. x

6. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely November 25, 2015 / 9:58 pm

Oh my goodness, he’s ADORABLE!! Second time round is a much more relaxed affair, isn’t it? I was petrified of taking my eldest out but was out for lunch with my mum a couple of weeks after the littlest was born. You feel so much more capable, don’t you xx
    Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely recently posted…Melt in your mouth chocolate orange mini potsMy Profile

7. Julia @ Rainbeaubelle November 27, 2015 / 12:53 pm

What an absolute cutie! yes it’s funny about the way babies look at you, must be why we all think we can get away with more when we have little babies! haha. And we can so why not?! Love his little smile xx
    Julia @ Rainbeaubelle recently posted…A paper snowflake tutorialMy Profile

8. HelpfulMum November 27, 2015 / 1:19 pm

Oh my goodness he is so cute! I love the idea of the milk service at 3am being a bit crappy! It’s so lovely when they start getting more aware.
    HelpfulMum recently posted…Your YouTube #49My Profile

9. Mini Travellers November 27, 2015 / 1:27 pm

I love the ‘Is it your birthday?’ comment. I got asked that the other day when I said I was going for a bath, rather than grabbing a quick shower! #sharefriday
    Mini Travellers recently posted…Rainy Sunday in New BrightonMy Profile

10. Erica Price November 28, 2015 / 7:08 pm

Had to laugh at the poor level of service being received at 3am.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 48 of 2015My Profile

11. Karen Hannah November 29, 2015 / 10:01 am

What a beautiful smile he has ❤ I agree about being more relaxed the second time around, I know I certainly was. It’s so lovely to just spend time looking at them isn’t it 🙂
    Karen Hannah recently posted…Tuesday TreatsMy Profile