Baby E at 3 months old

We’ve now reached the big milestone where our baby is now months old 3 whole months. I could probably go on and on about time has completely flown by but I won’t.  (But it SO has!).

Baby E is now at the stage of trying to shove both his hands into his mouth all at once and drool all over them constantly.  I’m now woken in the middle of the night by slurpy noises where he’s slobbering all over them.  He then spots me, remembers he wants a feed, and starts crying impatiently, usually translating roughly to “MIIIILLLLK!!! Nowwww!!!”.  He is still doing 4 hour ish blocks at a time and it is wonderful.  Obviously a 6 hour block would be even more wonderful but it could definitely be worse.

These last couple of weeks, he’s learnt the art of starting at a stranger, without blinking.  He frowns and will simply gawk at them until he’s decided whether he likes them or not. He’ll then either reward them with a big smile or will frown a bit more and start bawling, presumably to somehow get away from them.   It was very amusing to see him with work colleagues this week, some of whom didn’t know how to react to a baby staring at them so solidly for a whole minute.

He’s now had his jabs and had his measurements done again.  It turns out he’s quite a tall baby, which thankfully confirms I haven’t shrunk his babygros accidentally.  Apparently it’s either a growth spurt or he’ll be a tall child.  Time will tell but if it’s the latter then he’s definitely not taken after me.  The health visitors want to measure him again in a few weeks to make sure he doesn’t shoot off the growth charts.  It seems a bit odd for them to do that as I don’t have a giant looking baby of any type but ah well. For now we’re finally enjoying a few slow days without having to drag everyone up for the school run.  All 15 glorious days of it!

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

OneDad3Girls

1. Sarah MumofThree World December 19, 2015 / 8:19 pm

Bless him! He’s so cute. That smile is gorgeous. Who would have thought you would have a tall baby? Glad to hear he’s sleeping four hour blocks.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 365 2015 Week 51My Profile

2. Tim December 19, 2015 / 11:54 pm

He’s SO cute! Funny about E being tall. Both my wife and I are distinctly average in height, and yet two of our three have always tracked in the 90-something-th percentile. No idea where they get that from given that hardly anyone on either side of the family is over six feet!
    Tim recently posted…Podcast #20: Diary of the DadMy Profile

3. Baby Isabella December 20, 2015 / 12:08 am

Why hello there little fella! I love his expression! Should be a caption competition! #MySundayPhoto
    Baby Isabella recently posted…Silent Sunday 20.12.15My Profile

4. Ojo Henley December 20, 2015 / 12:24 am

That is such a wicked smile. You have a beautiful child, let them worry about stupid growth charts x

5. tracey at Mummyshire December 20, 2015 / 12:57 am

His looks so gorgeous, with a twinkling of cheekiness in his eyes!! And what perfect time to get him sleeping for four hour blocks, so hopefully you can make the most of it during Christmas!
    Enjoy your first Christmas with Baby e, it’s going to be so special xx

6. Jane - Our Little Escapades December 20, 2015 / 6:08 am

What a lovely photo. Wow three months! I remember things starting to come a bit clearer, dare I say it, easier at that point. Honestly I can’t remember much of Little E being a baby because the time did fly so quickly, suddenly I have a little lady running around. Have a great Christmas x

7. Jenni December 20, 2015 / 6:56 am

What a cutie! I love his cheeky smile. The growth charts and weigh ins really got to me, I am now a lot more relaxed and take what the health visitor says with a pinch of salt. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas x #MySundayPhoto
    Jenni recently posted…NatraSan First Aid Spray Review and GiveawayMy Profile

8. Jenny Paulin December 20, 2015 / 7:42 am

What a gorgeous smile Tas – aww makes those 4am wake ups so much nicer! those 3 months have flown last i am in total agreement. with you
    wishing you all a merry christmas x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Project 365, 2015. Week 51My Profile

9. Photalife December 20, 2015 / 8:23 am

Look at that cheeky cheeky smile. A beautiful photo

Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas

Photalife recently posted…#MySundayPhoto – Homemade FudgeMy Profile

10. John Adams December 20, 2015 / 5:06 pm

Brilliant photo! What a great moment to capture. reading the post brings back so many memories. #MySUndayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted…Beauty in natureMy Profile

11. ClearlyBex December 20, 2015 / 7:53 pm

Such an infectious smile, lovely #MySundayPhoto

12. Zara December 20, 2015 / 8:08 pm

What a cute little face! What a lovely description of that stage. I think it might possibly be one of my favourites. x

13. Louise December 20, 2015 / 10:29 pm

Wow, can’t believe that Baby E is three months old already. What a gorgeous photo and I love his smile – so adorable 🙂
    Louise recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

14. Lucy DearBeautiful December 21, 2015 / 6:29 am

He is SO adorable. Such a cute little smile, bless him! Sounds like he’s doing really well, but it is just scary how fast the time flies by because I swear he was only just born. x
    Lucy DearBeautiful recently posted…siblings {december}My Profile

15. Izzie Anderton December 21, 2015 / 3:23 pm

I love little E’s cheeky smile… he is so adorable. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas with your gorgeous sons x
    Izzie Anderton recently posted…Home for ChristmasMy Profile

16. chickenruby December 22, 2015 / 6:41 am

what a gorgeous smile, i’d happily let him stare at me for a minute for a reward like that, wishing you all a very merry holiday time
    chickenruby recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Week 51My Profile

17. Susan Mann December 22, 2015 / 5:30 pm

Aww what a wee sweetie he is. A lovely reward and I wish you all a very wonderful Christmas xx
    Susan Mann recently posted…NSPCC Letters From SantaMy Profile

18. Elaine Livingstone December 26, 2015 / 7:18 am

what a nice update, Love how a babies smile can make adults stop and smile back, so infectious. $ hours is not bad at that age, though as you same some will sleep longer, mine never did
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 51My Profile