The Golden Baby Age

According to one of many baby milestone emails that I read, 4 months is the golden baby age.  The time when babies laugh lots and interact, look very cute, and stay in one place still, making them easy to handle.  It’s a very lovely age.  Baby E is now constantly pawing at faces and trying to either wolverine it off or lean in enthusiastically for a slobber on cheeks. He’s also under the impressing he has springs for legs.  The jumperoo is assembled and getting a good work out. E bounces away happily for ages squealing every so often.  I think he thinks we’re around for jumperoo-ing too, constantly wanting to bounce in our laps the minut we pick him up.

I’m also pretty sure teething has well and truly started.  We have rosey red cheeks and various degrees of poonamis through the week.   I forgot how you can have a baby in a very cute outfit one minute and then have to change them about 33 minutes later.  Sleeping is a bit more stable again, which is lovely! There are of course nights that are still a bit up and down but, on the whole, he is sleeping much better and that’s rather wonderful for my eye bags.  I now need to desperately get my hair cut and take my huge hat off that I’ve been donning for the past 4 months.   It does keep my ears and head wonderfully warm though so I think I’ll miss it.

I think there’s lots more golden moments to come, 4 months is not the best of it.  There is the first crawl, the first words, the first steps, so many firsts.  Having a baby laugh heartily at your crap jokes is the perfect audience for any kind of self esteem boost though!  I’ve noticed he can roll over now and is putting a lot of effort into trying to get his foot into his mouth.  I’m making a lot of effort in trying to capture that moment.  Another first. Any day now…I think!

Post linked up to Project 366 / Project 53 and My Sunday Photo. Thanks for reading!

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

1. Nikki Thomas January 30, 2016 / 8:04 pm

I love that photo, there is something seriously cute about baby feet. I think you are right, there are lots of golden ages but there is something so amazing about this age before they start moving.
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…Seven Days on the #SlimFastChallengeMy Profile

2. Rachel In Real Life January 30, 2016 / 9:23 pm

That is a seriously cute photo. I agree with you that there are many golden ages. Although I have to say I’m not particularly enjoying CC’s age at the moment! 😉
    Rachel In Real Life recently posted…Project 366 ~ Week 4My Profile

3. TheBoyandMe January 30, 2016 / 10:57 pm

His feet are gorgeous, and what a lovely background! This is such a precious age, treasure every moment.

Thanks for linking up to Project 366.
    TheBoyandMe recently posted…366 #04My Profile

4. Jenny Paulin January 30, 2016 / 11:21 pm

he is resting on your lovely blanket from TBaM! I love baby feet they are so cute and squidgy. Those early months are so precious – enjoy them and don’t worry about your hair, plenty of time in the future to worry about how your hair looks x x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Project 366, 2016. Week 4My Profile

5. Foz January 30, 2016 / 11:34 pm

Love baby feet! So cute!

Yep teething = lots of poo! Hope he doesn’t suffer too much with the teething x
    Foz recently posted…Project 366 – Week 4My Profile

6. John Adams January 31, 2016 / 5:51 am

Ha ha, four months….the calm before the storm when they start crawling! Enjoy the peace while it lasts! Lovely photo. #MySundayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted…A very significant smileMy Profile

7. Sarah MumofThree World January 31, 2016 / 7:41 am

Those feet are gorgeous! It is a lovely age. They’ve got so much more personality and are usually much more settled than newborns, but you don’t have the fear of them moving and hurting themselves/ destroying things!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 31.1.16My Profile

8. Erica Price January 31, 2016 / 8:19 am

Can’t believe four months have gone already. I liked four months with H. He started to be able to sit up at 4.5 months (the only big physical milestone he made early), so he was a lot less floppy and more robust which I liked. Plus as you say he was still in one place. Plenty more fun to come though.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 4 of 2016My Profile

9. emilyandindiana January 31, 2016 / 9:13 am

Oh Baby E, you sound so much like my Parker.. cheeky boys! We’re now at the rolling/dragging themselves around stage, it’s so funny to watch, but boy is is a lot harder haha xx
    emilyandindiana recently posted…Me & Mine | January 2016My Profile

10. Photalife January 31, 2016 / 10:04 am

Super cute photos. I have completely forgot that time of my girls life. So glad we have photos to remind us

Photalife recently posted…#MySundayPhoto – Sheffield ParkMy Profile

11. thisdayilove January 31, 2016 / 10:15 am

Gorgeous photo, love baby feet! 4 months seems to have passed very quickly.
    thisdayilove recently posted…A change of plansMy Profile

12. Coombe Mill January 31, 2016 / 11:07 am

It sounds like E’s really becoming his own little character, and those little feet are so cute!

13. Lisa@intotheglade January 31, 2016 / 11:37 am

Gosh four months already. A perfect picture of his lovely feet. There is something about that stage when they interact with you but, are not mobile yet that, is very special xx
    Lisa@intotheglade recently posted…My Sunday Photo!My Profile

14. Katie @mummydaddyme January 31, 2016 / 3:02 pm

I think four months is a lovely age and it is definitely good when they can’t move as it all goes crazy from there. ;0) But I did find myself with both the girls thinking oh I never want this stage to end and then the next stage being just as lovely. Although of course each stage brings its different challenges. x

15. HelpfulMum January 31, 2016 / 7:48 pm

Oh those baby feet! I loved four months old with my son, it was when we got into the swing of things! He didn’t stay put for long as he was walking at 9 months old!

16. Mummy of Two + 1 January 31, 2016 / 7:53 pm

Oh I love those little baby feet, so gorgeous! There are so many ‘golden ages’ I think. I love the newborn stage when you don’t want to put them down. When they start interacting more is great and I am loving the stage we are at now where Baby A really is getting her own little personality. So much fun which definitely outweigh the lack of sleep and grumpy teething. We are very lucky 😀
    Mummy of Two + 1 recently posted…A Year in Photos 2016 – Week 4My Profile

17. My Life As A Mummy January 31, 2016 / 8:32 pm

Baby feet are just so cute!! I haven’t heard of the 4 month stage before, but agree with you, there are so many other fab stages in a babies development!

Laura x x x

18. Kiran February 1, 2016 / 8:42 pm

Oh those feet! Interesting too – I keep thinking this is the golden age, then another one comes along! xx

19. Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours February 1, 2016 / 9:58 pm

I didn’t know four months was a golden baby age! I do like that stage though, when they’re a bit chunkier and taking notice of everything. It’s a time that things settle down a little. Love the photo x
    Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours recently posted…Week 4 Photo – 2016My Profile

20. Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) February 9, 2016 / 8:04 pm

Four months is great because they start to interact but I love it as they get older and start to move around…despite the stress that brings, haha! I’m so glad he is starting to sleep a little better, you will start to feel more in the real world every day now 😉
    Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) recently posted…Five Under £5 FebruaryMy Profile