Watching the siblings

I’m pretty sure I’ve made a firm discovery over the last few weeks.  I’ve joked about it before but I’m now certain that Baby Es favourite person isn’t either of his parents.  It’s his big brother.  He will allow himself to be hugged and squished pretty firmly and will generously shower his big brother with lots of hugs, now grabbing onto him as his grasp improves during the big 4 month leap babies go through.   It’s been a week of a lot of hugs and cooing, some for mum and dad, the majority for little Z.   Little Z still wants to drag his baby brother around the playground showing him off to everyone.  Even the dinner ladies get a regular viewing now.

There’s been hard attempts at trying to roll over.  He tries very hard but is only able to manage about half way whilst his little owl head will turn all directions to locate his older sibling.  I get the feeling a full roll may not be too far away and that of course means growing an extra pair of eyes and hands.  This time though, I do have little Mother hen Z who happily runs about after him and showering cuddles whether the baby wants them or not.  It’s also the start of me losing, what feels like, all my hair.  I was a bit shocked when it happened after Z, not realising this was one of the post pregnancy joys that all women go through.  This time I’m just sad to see my shiny hair go, in clumps!  I should strongly consider the Sinead O’Connor bald look at the rate it’s falling out (and going grey!).  Baby E is always either covered in it or is trying to put a newly discovered strand in his mouth.  Lucky for me, my little helper makes sure Baby Es tightly curled hands are hair free.

This phase is lovely.  I’m sure once Baby E is on the move he will become more irritating to his big brother as he makes a swipe for all his toys and Lego bits.  It’ll also mean moving a lot of things and putting them out of reach of tiny hands. So for now, I’ll enjoy watching them together and snapping one too many photos.

Post linked up to Project 366 / Project 53 and My Sunday Photo. Thanks for reading!

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

1. Sarah MumofThree World January 16, 2016 / 8:51 pm

That photo is so gorgeous! It’s definitely one for the wall.
    So lovely to hear how well they are bonding and how well Z looks after his baby brother.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 366 Week 2My Profile

2. Katie @mummydaddyme January 16, 2016 / 9:01 pm

That photo is absolutely STUNNING lovely. Just gorgeous. Like Sarah definitely one for the wall. x

3. LauraCYMFT January 16, 2016 / 9:30 pm

This is a gorgeous photo! I love the way E is looking up at his big brother with such admiration!

4. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely January 16, 2016 / 9:57 pm

Oh my goodness, that photo!!!!! Oh gosh, so much love in their little faces. Oh Tas, you must be so proud xx

5. Tim January 16, 2016 / 11:34 pm

It’s so lovely that they’ve formed a bond like this. Our boys did the same, and while they do squabble every now and then that bond has always remained, even though they’re now 8 and (nearly) 6. Something to be treasured.
    Tim recently posted…Podcast #22: Finding Our FeetMy Profile

6. thisdayilove January 17, 2016 / 12:34 am

Oh I love how you can see the love between them, what a gorgeous photo

7. Coombemill January 17, 2016 / 12:36 am

I love how you are anticipating the next stage, and probably a lot of truth to it, for now best to enjoy the lovely stage you are at. A gorgeous photo of both boys.

8. Brooke January 17, 2016 / 3:47 am

Darling little ones and it pays off having the siblings love each other. With any luck, it will last.

9. John Adams January 17, 2016 / 6:19 am

Oh wow, never heard of the hair thing before but delighted to hear siblings are getting on so well! Lovely B&W image. #MySundayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted…Sunset on Brighton BeachMy Profile

10. Erica Price January 17, 2016 / 7:38 am

Such a lovely picture of the pair of them – it must be lovely to see their relationship develop. Hope your hair sorts itself out soon.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 2 of 2016My Profile

11. Photalife January 17, 2016 / 9:28 am

Very sweet photo, I bet if you asked my girls their favourite person would be each other

Photalife recently posted…#MySundayPhoto – GlowMy Profile

12. Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours January 17, 2016 / 2:34 pm

Such a gorgeous photo and so nice as a parent to witness the love siblings share isn’t it? Nothing melts the heart quite like it xx #mysundayphoto x
    Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours recently posted…Week 2 Photo – 2016My Profile

13. Emma January 17, 2016 / 7:26 pm

Love that photograph, what gorgeous boys you have! My 3 month old adores his older siblings too, and like you, I think their adoration of him might wane slightly when he’s on the move! 😀
    Emma recently posted…Sunday Photo – Ice TreesMy Profile

14. Mummy of Two + 1 January 17, 2016 / 7:39 pm

What a gorgeous photo. I learnt when we had Little Miss A that I would never be her favourite person – Little Mr A stole that role and has done again with Baby A! I don’t mind though it’s lovely watching their relationships grow and change.
    Mummy of Two + 1 recently posted…A Year in Photos 2016 – Week 2My Profile

15. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) January 17, 2016 / 8:54 pm

What a beautiful photo and how lovely that your two boys love each other so much. It is so beautiful seeing that sibling bond grow and develop. The post-pregnancy hair loss is not much fun – I remember feeling like I was losing handfuls each time I washed my hair for a bit!
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…#366daysofgratitude – Week 2My Profile

16. Karen January 17, 2016 / 9:21 pm

Matthew adored Emily at that age and would cry inconsolably when she walked away or left the room, and pined for her when she was at nursery! It’s so lovely to see! Your boys are just gorgeous!
    Karen recently posted…My Sunday Photo My Profile

17. Verily Victoria Vocalises January 17, 2016 / 9:35 pm

What a beautiful photo. You can just see that these two already are the best of friends #mysundayphoto
    Verily Victoria Vocalises recently posted…A Young RobinMy Profile

18. tracey at Mummyshire January 17, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Oh what a gorgeous photo and one that is stunning in B&W. I think you may be right, LIttle E is in love with his big brother this photo captures it so well. I often used to think the same about my boy and his older sister, too – it’s lovely that there’s such a strong sibling bond between them
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Black & White Photo Project #24My Profile

19. Elaine Livingstone January 18, 2016 / 8:14 am

The twins are the same have always had huge big smiles for either of the older two since they were very young and rush to greet them if they have been out. I love the way siblings bond and think it is amazing.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 366 week 2.My Profile

20. Brinabird the wee man and the diva January 18, 2016 / 1:33 pm

Sweet. My diva absolutely adores her big brother… It really is a joy to watch… And means that sometimes I can grab a quick shower while he is “babysitting”

21. Foz January 21, 2016 / 9:09 pm

This picture is simply adorable! Love the way they are looking at each other!
    Foz recently posted…Project 366 – Week 2My Profile