Poodini and the first roll

At 19 weeks, Baby E has done his first roll this week.  He’s been trying really really hard for about a week now and he suddenly managed it after a fair bit of trying to pull his weight over.  This is the age I started writing about Z over five years ago and I can suddenly see a bit of a difference in their personalities.   Z has always been impatient to do everything quickly right from when I was pregnant.  It used to feel like he was always trying to break out of my womb and he’s been in a rush every since.  E seems to be a lot calmer with a sort of chilled out personality.  When Z rolled over he was in a rush to get moving straight away.  E, on the other hand, hasn’t bothered rolling since. It’s almost as if “rolling over, check!  I’ll just lie here and try to eat my feet now”.    It’s fascinating to watch his personality emerge and a bit wonderous to see that parts of their character and nature are formed even before they are born.

It’s also been a week of poo. Lots and lots of poo.  Pooing up ones back, to be precise.  I know it’s all related to teething and will probably go on for a few more weeks but I’ve been trying everything so that he’s not leaking into his clothes constantly and nothing is working.  This little poodini somehow manages to get it up his back no matter what.   We have gone up a nappy size, changed nappies, listened out for squelching noises and moved faster than a ninja, and still.  Poodini manages to still get it into his vest. And he always looks very happy about it too.  We are now trying double nappies and so far so good.  It’s been about 24 hours so far.

I’ve realised how much I dress him in babygros even at 4 months.  I suppose I should put little boy clothes on him a lot more but babygros are just so cute. They really don’t stay little for too long so I’m just going to do it until he’s walking.  Ok, a bit before that.  Plus I’ve brought about a million of them so I should make the most of it.

Post linked up to Project 366 / Project 53 and My Sunday Photo. Thanks for reading!

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

1. Sarah MumofThree World February 6, 2016 / 8:43 pm

That face is so gorgeous! I would definitely forgive the poos for those smiles 🙂
    It’s interesting that E is now at the age Z was when you started blogging. I find it amazing how children in the same families can have such different personalities, but they definitely do!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 366 Week 5My Profile

2. Lauren (@laurenbigeejit) February 6, 2016 / 10:15 pm

Oh look at him! He’s so lovely. I remember Pheebs being a bit of a poodini as well. She’d only go every few days so stored it up and released it in a big poonami!

3. Jenny Paulin February 6, 2016 / 11:17 pm

Keep him in babygroes – i love seeing babies i them and i kept mine in theirs until 6 months almost every day. As you say they do not stay young for long and they don’t do much other than lie around, dribbling and posing and feeding so a babygroe is perfect attire lol! He is gorgeous x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Project 366, 2016. Week 5My Profile

4. Tim February 7, 2016 / 12:20 am

Oh, I don’t miss those poo-up-the-back days! But it is wonderful to see how the boys’ personalities are already distinctly different. Ours were the same – as the second, Toby was much more chilled and laid back than his high-maintenance brother. Six years on, nothing’s changed!

5. Neesie February 7, 2016 / 12:44 am

Been there done that… although not me personally… my little ones.
    Although It’s been many years since I’ve had to deal with Poodini’s you never forget them!
    That smile would win anyone over even with poo oozing!
    Neesie recently posted…My Sunday Photo… Fawkner Park, MelbourneMy Profile

6. Coombemill February 7, 2016 / 1:34 am

A real milestone on rolling over and yes to the baby grows, keep them going as long as you can!

7. Kara February 7, 2016 / 7:04 am

It is lovely seeing their little personalities coming through – I love babies in babygro’s and think they are more comfy – mine lived in them for the first 6 months and them progressed to rompers
    Kara recently posted…Silent Sunday – 7th February 2016My Profile

8. K.D. Jennings February 7, 2016 / 7:39 am

Hope the “poo situation” will get better!
    He is a cute little boy who looks very happy. 🙂 xx

9. Erica Price February 7, 2016 / 8:40 am

H was never a big roller either- he did it once or twice, but didn’t seem to see it as a big thing. Don’t envy you the poo.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 5 of 2016My Profile

10. Karen February 7, 2016 / 2:15 pm

We call those poonamis! Amazing how much can come out of one small human, isn’t it? He’s getting so big. Such a gorgeous photo!

11. Emma T February 7, 2016 / 2:33 pm

Must be interesting seeing the differences in them through the stages. Boo to the poos – I double nappied a few times with N too.
    Emma T recently posted…My Sunday Photo – logisticsMy Profile

12. Brinabird the wee man and the diva February 7, 2016 / 2:37 pm

He is so cute!

13. HelpfulMum February 7, 2016 / 3:27 pm

Oh that smile! Well done him for rolling over. My daughter was the one who rolled and then instantly tried to pull herself forward. My son just wanted to walk (and did at 9 months!)

14. sarah wood February 7, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Gorgeous – what a lovely smile! I had forgotten those poo emergency days – amazing how it can get everywhere….

15. My Life As A Mummy February 7, 2016 / 7:54 pm

He is soooo gorgeous! I do not miss those poonami’s. I never understood why it ended up absolutely everywhere!

With my oldest, I used to make sure he had a new outfit on every day. With my youngest, he practically lived in babygrows until he was well over a year!

Laura x x x

16. Foz February 7, 2016 / 8:16 pm

Poodini! That did make me smile!

Have to say my girls were the opposite. Eldest was chilled out while Bee was (and still is) always in a rush! Amazing how different they can be!
    Foz recently posted…My Sunday Photo/Silent Sunday – Stingray faceMy Profile

17. Verily Victoria Vocalises February 7, 2016 / 10:33 pm

I have to say when I was reading your post, all I was thinking was that he is definitely the E part in the word that is formed by E Z (if you get my meaning?!). What a gorgeous photo. Sorry to hear about all the poo!! #MySundayPhoto
    Verily Victoria Vocalises recently posted…A Moment in TimeMy Profile

18. Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) February 9, 2016 / 8:01 pm

He is so gorgeous Tas, look at that gorgeous smile. I’m sure you can forgive the poo explosions when he smiles at you like that!! I l don’t think you can go wrong with babygrows, I kept the twins in them well past six months 🙂 xx
    Hayley (@hayleyfromhome) recently posted…Five Under £5 FebruaryMy Profile

19. The Reading Residence February 10, 2016 / 12:16 pm

That is a gorgeous picture, beautiful boy! Ah yes, I remember the poo all over the vests stage well. I hope you manage to escape it soon! I dressed my son in babygrows for a while, too, as it was so much easier to change those as he was very sick with reflux and they do look very comfortable. As you say, they don’t stay little for long, so enjoy it 🙂 x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…The Pocket Notebook BoxMy Profile

20. Elaine Livingstone February 10, 2016 / 8:09 pm

oohhh yuck at the nappies, thank goodness the twins are past that stage.
    It really is nice to see how both their personalities are different, but makes it easy to appreciate them both as unique individuals
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 366 week 5My Profile

21. Sara | mumturnedmom February 12, 2016 / 12:57 am

What a gorgeous smile, beautiful boy. And, oh, the poo. How well I remember that stage! Don’t miss it 🙂 I stuck to babygros for months, so much easier!
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…The Prompt: Week 101My Profile

22. Helen at Casa Costello February 12, 2016 / 2:57 pm

Keep to the babygros – they are so much less hassle. Those eyes melt my heart! Hope the poo lessens soon x

23. Erin - Yorkshire Tots February 12, 2016 / 6:40 pm

I think seeing a personality difference is one of the really fun things about having two. With Lily I wasn’t sure if it was ‘her’ or something all babies did when she did something new but with Leo I had Lily for comparison so I could see what was down to personality. I loved it. That’s a great photo too!

24. Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours February 12, 2016 / 10:05 pm

It’s so cute when they start rolling over for the first time! It seems such a big milestone… probably their first one in terms of moving around! Bless him. And love babygrows, I’m not a fan of babies in proper clothes, especially jeans etc.. yuk! x
    Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours recently posted…Girls Room IdeasMy Profile

25. chickenruby February 13, 2016 / 3:39 am

too gorgeous and i remember the days of the poo up the back, in the cot, the pram, etc, etc very well. My kids were wearing baby grows until they no longer made them big enough
    chickenruby recently posted…January and February in Dubai with HDYGG?My Profile