The start of half term!

Before the days of having a school aged child I was of that group that thought school kids had holidays at the drop of a hat.  Half term here, half term there. Easter weeks, Christmas weeks, summer weeks.  More on holiday than not!   Then, of course, my own child started and the intensity of how much they learn and have to do has come like a sudden slap.  Wow, even 5 year olds have a bit of an intense ride.  There is spellings, writing practice, reading every night, option homework, different types of more optional homework.   It’s all a bit of a whirlwind and, whilst this half term has been a lot easier than the first, it’s intense for little ones.  They don’t realise it though and seem to soak it all up like little sponges do.

I now fully appreciate the school holidays.  All those half term weeks, as well as all the inset days.   We’re not brave enough  to jet off abroad just yet so it’s going to be 9 glorious days of doing not very much.  Days of sitting about on the sofa.  Days of going out.  Days of cuddles. Days with no alarms and days of just faffing about, with some fun activities thrown in to keep us all amused!

Post linked up to Project 366 / Project 53 and My Sunday Photo. Thanks for reading!

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

1. Emma T February 13, 2016 / 11:09 pm

Aw lovely photo of them both. My school days linky will go up tomorrow so do come and link up this post if you want to.
    Emma T recently posted…I want to go to a boys schoolMy Profile

2. tracey at Mummyshire February 14, 2016 / 12:10 am

This is just gorgeous of your two boys. Half term is going to be so much fun with the two of them spending time together; often we find the best days are the least planned!
    Happy half term
    #SundayPhoto xx
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…My Sunday Photo : 14 February 2015My Profile

3. Coombemill February 14, 2016 / 12:19 am

School hols are great for them and us, enjoy your half term #MySundayPhoto

4. Tim February 14, 2016 / 12:24 am

Another lovely photo of the boys. Hope half-term is lots of fun for all of you!

5. John Adams February 14, 2016 / 5:29 am

I was like you ; felt that six week holiday was a pointless waste and the kids should have two weeks max. not nay more! I’d be distraught if those six crazy weeks disappeared from the calendar. Anyway, lovely pic of the siblings together. Enjoy the holidays!
    John Adams recently posted…A photo of the North Downs, caught on the school runMy Profile

6. Sarah MumofThree World February 14, 2016 / 7:40 am

Bring it on! We have nothing planned either, but are just looking forward to a break from everything. That is such a gorgeous picture of your happy boys.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 14.2.16My Profile

7. Claire February 14, 2016 / 7:54 am

Aww lovely picture of them both 🙂 Have a great half term week ..

8. chickenruby February 14, 2016 / 1:31 pm

don’t I’m so missing the school holidays, my youngest who is almost 17 is off this week in the UK, but it’s too far and too expensive for him to fly out here, so he’ll come over for Easter when I’m also off. I teach at an Arabic school so only get March 2 weeks, July and August and December 2 weeks off, no half terms just public holidays
    chickenruby recently posted…Week 6 – One Daily Positive and Project 366My Profile

9. The Breastest News February 14, 2016 / 1:32 pm

Aww cute photo 🙂 Up here in Scotland the kids were only off from Wednesday to Friday last week so the family and I had a lovely little trip down to Leicestershire. Was great as the school holidays hadn’t started down south yet so the attractions weren’t that busy 🙂

Enjoy doing nothing x
    The Breastest News recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 14.02.16My Profile

10. The Reading Residence February 14, 2016 / 2:53 pm

Gorgeous photo. Yes, I fully appreciate the school holidays now, too, we always feel ready for them when they roll around. Hope you have a great week x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Our Perfect HolidayMy Profile

11. Merlinda (@pixiedusk) February 14, 2016 / 4:25 pm

I also only appreciated half term when my son started school and I understood the importance of it for kids and parents! Like you my son and me will just stay at home ant try to enjoy the free time.

Happy Valentine’s Day #mysundayphoto

12. K.D. Jennings February 14, 2016 / 5:02 pm

Your two boys look so happy, lovely photo!
    Enjoy half term! xx

13. Neesie February 14, 2016 / 7:33 pm

A gorgeous happy family photo. You’re boys have beautiful smiles.
    I remember the school holidays can be stress free and give you time to recharge your batteries.
    Neesie recently posted…My Sunday Photo… A country strollMy Profile

14. Sherry February 14, 2016 / 8:01 pm

I don’t remember getting as much homework or being worked as hard when I was younger? Happy half term to you all #MySundayPhoto

15. Tracey Williams February 14, 2016 / 8:49 pm

9 days of no plans sounds pretty perfect. I used to feel really guilty if I didn’t have something planned every day during the holidays. But I quickly realised that kids need downtime at home. We don’t have much planned either, and I am looking forward to not rushing around and having some PJ days x
    Tracey Williams recently posted…48 Hours in the City of ChesterMy Profile

16. HelpfulMum February 14, 2016 / 9:09 pm

What a gorgeous picture. Sounds like a wonderful plan. We’re dashing all over the place and I’m already worn out just thinking about it!

17. Brinabird the wee man and the diva February 14, 2016 / 10:47 pm

Awww gorgeous boys… Have a great half term!

18. Em Gordon February 15, 2016 / 1:04 am

Lovely photo 🙂 Seems like you have a wonderful half term planned, have a great week.

19. Jenny Paulin February 15, 2016 / 10:21 am

SUPER cute photo there – look at the cheeky smiles 🙂
    i love half term for not having to dash about in the mornings! x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Project 366, 2016. Week 6My Profile

20. Elaine Livingstone February 18, 2016 / 7:42 am

I liked school holidays, pleasant times to spend with my children.
    I personally feel the problem these days is not school it is all the activities parents feel there children should be involved with after school and weekends.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Play in the caravan parkMy Profile

21. Natalie February 18, 2016 / 10:24 am

Gorgeous pictures, I was the same before Meme started school I felt like the School holidays all the time. How wrong was I? We are on a constant count down to the holidays, lazy days doing nothing, catching up with friends, little days out but mostly I just love having my big girl back with me. X

22. Sara | mumturnedmom February 20, 2016 / 4:37 pm

Gorgeous photo 🙂 I’m the same, I never thought I would look forward to school holidays so much, but now I think I count down the days more than the kids do! Hope you’ve had a lovely break x
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Project 366: Week 7: 045-051My Profile

23. Jane - Our Little Escapades February 21, 2016 / 7:21 pm

Look at those cuties. I hope you all had a great half term. I must admit the holidays do come around so quickly and I find myself say ‘holiday, already’, but the kids do need it. And we have been eased into school very differently, no experience of homework yet. School with Little E is going to be a bit of a shock!

24. Natalie Ray February 21, 2016 / 9:36 pm

Oh, I’m totally dreading this. My eldest starts school in September and I am already cherishing every single day, I can’t believe she’s not going to be with me all the time anymore, so sad.x
    Natalie Ray recently posted…My love affair with InstagramMy Profile