A lot of teething and a little weaning

We all succumbed to bugs last week and there was a fair bit of shuffling about zombie style for a few days in our house.  At one point, it felt like we may have just been passing the same germs around for a few days.  It was pretty bleurgh and just made me wish for spring to hurry up.

Thankfully, a week on, we’re all ok and back to being non-zombie normal human beings again.  Everyone is back at work and school and we are germ free.  For now.  In the meantime, Baby E has dived head on into teething.  He is now either drooling on everything or gnawing on anything he can get his hands on (teethers, my shoulder, anyone’s fingers, bicciepegs etc.). I’d completely forgotten how long and tedious teething can be for little ones and Baby E is looking and sounding frustrated most of the time.  To make it a bit more annoying for him, there is no sign whatsoever of any teeth coming through yet so I think we might be in for a long haul of it.  It appears he’s also forgotten how to sleep and reminds us of his presence a few times a night.  The wake ups are slowly but surely calming down but it’s happening very very slowly.  I’m really hoping he remembers the joy of sleep again soon as we are all feeling a bit weary now from all the wake ups.

Over a couple of weeks we noticed Baby E was starting to launch himself at anything we’d be eating including toast, chocolate, curries and even cups of tea.  Once we realised it was becoming a constant thing, we decided it was time to start weaning or risk our little foodie daredevil ending up in one of our dinner plates.  We’re only on puréed food so far and he really loves it.  There is a lot of happy bouncing from our otherwise teething grumpy pants.  It’s been really funny watching him process this brand new world he’s entered into with all its different tastes.  It’s like he knows as soon as he sees a spoon and one of his brightly coloured bibs and obligingly starts opening his mouth like a hungry baby bird.  I’m not sure how we’re already weaning considering he was only born about two weeks ago but here we are.  So far. So good.  I think he might be ready for some baby led weaning in a couple of weeks.

1. Sarah MumofThree World March 5, 2016 / 7:03 pm

That face! That is a little boy who seriously loves his food. Gorgeous!
    Glad to hear you’re all feeling better now and hope E gets his sleep back on track soon. x
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Project 366 Week 9My Profile

2. Elaine March 5, 2016 / 10:09 pm

I love the baby bird open mouth it is so cute. The only con to weaning is the poo nappies that come with it. Yuck

3. Tim March 6, 2016 / 12:14 am

Aw, so sweet. Glad to hear things are getting a bit better on the illness front. We seem to have been passing germs around our house constantly ever since New Year!

4. tracey at Mummyshire March 6, 2016 / 12:30 am

What is it with children and bugs, it seems to be never ending sometimes. Glad to hear you’re weathering the storm and on the mend,
    Your photo of Baby E is just very cute!
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Sunday Photo : 6 March 2016My Profile

5. Jane - Our Little Escapades March 6, 2016 / 9:40 am

He is looking very happy with that spoon. I can’t believe you are at the weaning stage already, how did that happen!
    Jane – Our Little Escapades recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

6. BloggerMummyLauren March 6, 2016 / 11:37 am

Glad you are all feeling better now! Love this photo, he looks so happy! I remember weaning both of mine, I used to love their little faces when they tried a new flavour for the first time.
    BloggerMummyLauren recently posted…My Sunday Photo 06-03-16My Profile

7. Dadwhoblogs March 6, 2016 / 2:16 pm

We are also a house full of germs too, but my kids don’t slow down! ha
    We loved weaning the boys although they didn’t get very adventurous!

Good luck!
    Dadwhoblogs recently posted…Bunk Beds #MySundayPhotoMy Profile

8. Sarah Christie March 6, 2016 / 7:11 pm

Ah a gorgeous shot and grrr teething is such a pain, I used ambesol it was amazing really soothed them, it must be so so painful for them xx
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Sunday Photo & Sudden SnowMy Profile

9. Sarah March 6, 2016 / 8:26 pm

Sounds a lot like our house at the moment – we are all ill (Gabe especially) he’s also teething. He’s already got his two bottom teeth though and the first two top ones are very close too. And we’ve recently started weaning too – we’re mostly babyled but with a bit of spoon feeding thrown in too 🙂 I hope E’s teeth make an appearance soon and you can all get a bit more sleep!

10. Sherry March 6, 2016 / 8:33 pm

That is a very happy face, and what beautiful eyelashes. We seem to have had constant illness in our house since January #MySundayPhoto

11. Foz March 6, 2016 / 10:31 pm

Hope you are all fully recovered now! There are some nasty bugs going around. Took us a couple of weeks to get over it. Love this picture of him! So cute masha’Allah!

And yeah teething is one thing I always dreaded and hated!
    Foz recently posted…Islamic Crafts: Painting pictures of mosquesMy Profile

12. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) March 7, 2016 / 12:27 am

What a lovely happy face – Baby E certainly looks like he is enjoying getting to taste some food now! Glad to hear that you’re all feeling better too.

13. mummyofboygirltwins March 7, 2016 / 9:55 am

Such a cutie. Bless – teething was the hardest of my baby stages…cuddles and calpol seemed to help xx

14. Alison March 7, 2016 / 12:37 pm

What a cutie. So good he wants to try everything!

15. Mummy of Two + 1 March 7, 2016 / 7:14 pm

It’s awful when everyone is poorly isn’t it, I’m glad the bugs didn’t hang around for too long. We are teething at the moment too, it’s really not fun is it! Sounds like he is doing really well with his weaning and by the looks of his big smile he loves his food!
    Mummy of Two + 1 recently posted…A Year in Photos 2016 – Week 9My Profile

16. LauraCYMFT March 7, 2016 / 8:02 pm

What a gorgeous boy! His eyelashes are amazing! Weaning is such an exciting if messy time. Sounds like Baby E is really in to all the new tastes.