Baby E at 7 months old – The screeching banshee stage

Baby E has hit the 7 months old mark and suddenly found that he can scream the house down.  From the moment he gets up he treats our ears to continous screeching throughout the day.  We end up with either a ringing in our ears or that feeling of deafening silence because we’re getting so used to it.  Our neighbours have suddenly disappeared for a few days and I don’t think this is a coincidence.

Ar 7 months old, we now have a commando crawler on our hands and he is absolutely everywhere.  Underneath tables, underneath our legs, underneath Little Z.  As soon as our backs our turned he makes a bee line straight for someone’s shoes and tried to swallow it whole.  We’ve had about 35 near misses and a handful of drenched shoe lace incidents. He is getting speedier and speedier day by day and I think the next month is going to be exhausting!    Oh and we almost have a clapper on our hands.  He hasn’t quite done it yet but I think it’ll happen soon.

He loves reaching out to random strangers now and trying to throw himself into their arms.  This is cute until it’s some dodgy looking / random human that looks delighted. I’m spending all my time grinning nervously, stepping backwards and trying not to let potential weirdos touch the baby. I’m not too sure why big milestones  are happening all at once but I’m hoping the next month takes it a bit easier on us all.  My mission for May is to not step into the doctors surgery at all.   Being germ free for a while would be so perfect.  Else I think I’m going to have to invest in a glorious moustache and wig to give me a good disguise.

7 months old baby

7 months old baby

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

1. Sarah MumofThree World May 1, 2016 / 6:27 am

He’s such a cutie! You must need eyes in the back of your head to stop him from eating shoes. Fingers crossed you avoid the doctor’s surgery for a while now.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 1.5.16My Profile

2. Carie @ Space for the Butterflies May 1, 2016 / 8:24 am

Aww bless, he’s such a cutie! It’s amazing how high pitched babies can be isn’t it, you’d never think the human voice can go that high!!

3. Karen May 1, 2016 / 8:35 am

He’s so cute though!!
    I remember the screechy stage! Fortunately my neighbours on both sides have several kids so I think they’re used to it!!

4. Emma T May 1, 2016 / 10:11 am

E’s obviously keen to be catching up with his brother as soon as possible. Seems nuts how much he can do at only 7 months. Took N 2 months of rocking before he crawled at 9 months.
    Emma T recently posted…My Sunday Photo – boats at Henley-on-ThamesMy Profile

5. Melody May 1, 2016 / 11:09 am

Oh man! That smile. 🙂 He is such a cutie though. 🙂

6. Emma Raphael May 1, 2016 / 4:47 pm

Soooo cute! Yep, we have reached the screeching age too. So funny! We also have that bouncer, it’s my life saver at times! 😀

7. Coombe Mill May 1, 2016 / 8:40 pm

Aww, what a cutie, I love his smile, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

8. Erica Price May 2, 2016 / 9:08 am

Giggling over the shoe laces. Can’t believe he’s crawling already.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 17 of 2016My Profile

9. Elaine Livingstone May 2, 2016 / 5:44 pm

what a lovely update, and such great memory to look back on. Laughed at the shoe laces….yeeeuuuccchhhh.
    Minky has a habit of disappearing under daughters table, usually when he is up to no good with something he should not have.

10. Jenny Paulin May 3, 2016 / 6:33 am

Burton loved his jumperoo. Awww its sweet when they discover they have a ‘voice’ even if it is screeching lol. i knew he would be moving soon after your post last weekend! there will be no stopping his now x x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Movie Munch BarsMy Profile

11. Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) May 4, 2016 / 11:41 am

So many new things going on with him! I cant believe that this is the baby inside you just months before! Look at him now with all this milestones! #mysundayphoto
    Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) recently posted…Pier And DonkeysMy Profile

12. Sarah Christie May 4, 2016 / 9:05 pm

Tas he is so adorable that cheeky little smile is so sweet. I so remember this stage, Jack used to cry for hours grrrr! Joe was a tea time cryer and other than that was happy. You forget how hard it all was x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…Cool Kids, Shopping Trips and KURT GEIGERMy Profile

13. Fozia S May 4, 2016 / 10:09 pm

The fun stage! 😉

Sounds like he is certainly keeping you on your toes! Screeching banshee stage made me giggle…I remember when Bee went through that!
    Fozia S recently posted…Project 366 – Week 17My Profile

14. Hayley @hayleyfromhome May 5, 2016 / 5:03 pm

He’s doing so much for seven months, can’t believe he’s mobile already! I remember having some really tough weeks when the twins got on the move, at first it so exciting and then it’s just flipping exhausting! He is so cute though I think it it all worth it 🙂
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted…Five Under £5 MayMy Profile

15. Kirsty Hijacked By Twins May 6, 2016 / 11:19 am

Arrr what a cute picture. Oh I remember the screaming phase all too well! Hope you’re having a good week x

16. Su Tyler May 6, 2016 / 5:31 pm

Ah the eyes in the back of your head stage!! Everything goes into their mouth.
    I like his walker (it is a walker isn’t it?) Lots to keep him occupied.

17. chickenruby May 7, 2016 / 6:19 am

Here’s for a May free doctors, I can’t believe he’s 7 months already, he is so gorgeous, i’d find it difficult not to pick him up if he flung himself at me, hopefully i wouldn’t be viewed as a weirdo….lol
    chickenruby recently posted…Planning a vegetable plot in the desert with HDYGGMy Profile