Watching the boys

One of my most favourite things to do on holiday is to all sit about on the hunoungous hotel bed in the evenings and flick through the hotel TV and try to find a movie that’s on in English.  It’s the best time ever and probably sounds a bit sad in equal measure. After all, I could stick a telly on our bedroom wall at home and get a super King sized bed for us all to lounge about on.  There’s something a bit special about doing it on holiday though when everyone is relaxed, no-one has to get up for work and there’s no real bedtime.

This time was no different except for the fact that we had Baby E with us for the first time too.  It was lovely watching the boys play together and bond a bit more with some sun thrown in as a lovely bonus.   Baby E started cooing and coming out with more sounds and most of them were reserved for his big brother.  Most conversations would go something like:
Baby E: “Gaga gaa goo gaa gaa” etc.

Little Z: “I really don’t understand what you’re saying.”

And so forth.  Little Z doesn’t quite understand that his baby brother needs an adequate amount of space and will flit between almost smothering him and completely ignoring him when he gets a bit bored.  Baby E, on the other hand, will try to drag himself about trying to follow his big brother and then screaming when his space is being invaded a bit too much. It’s interesting and a complete juggling act watching them and I think it’ll eventually morph into something that needs a bit of refereeing.

I think things are going to get very interesting over the next month as Baby E is on the verge of crawling.  Z did it at eight months and I’m fully expecting something similar.  I think it may be time to start barricading things like the TV!

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

1. Fozia S April 23, 2016 / 9:35 pm

Sounds a bit like my 2 girls when Bee was younger…now I am a constant referee! Love the picture and hope you had a fab holiday x
    Fozia S recently posted…Project 366 – Week 16My Profile

2. Tim April 24, 2016 / 12:20 am

Our two boys were much the same, although the age gap between them is smaller (barely 2 years). The bonds that form now will never go away though.

3. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) April 24, 2016 / 12:24 am

Oh yes I can relate to the refereeing bit although my girls mostly play nicely together these days! It’s hard to get that balance between smothering siblings with too much affection and ignoring them! Love the photo of Little E holding his toes and good luck when he starts crawling!
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 24/04/16My Profile

4. John Adams April 24, 2016 / 6:02 am

Oh yes, the moment the second child starts crawling. Life will become interesting, especially when toys are unwillingly shared! Good luck!
    John Adams recently posted…Exploring the lanes of MelbourneMy Profile

5. Erica Price April 24, 2016 / 7:24 am

Crawling at 8 months? We escaped till 10. Good luck with the babyproofing. Glad the holiday went so well.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 16 of 2016My Profile

6. Jenny Paulin April 24, 2016 / 7:32 am

such a lovely photo and baby E looks older there for some reason. Maybe it is the mass of hair and the clothes. he looks very cheeky for sure 🙂
    Sounds like you are all enjoying a wonderful holiday x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted…Project 366, 2016. Week 16My Profile

7. Sarah MumofThree World April 24, 2016 / 7:36 am

Bless them! Such a lovely picture. Hopefully once E is on the move and a bit more vocal they will become the best of friends.
    (I quite like sitting on a hotel bed watching TV too! It’s nice that you can just sit there and not rush off to empty the dishwasher or sort out the washing.)
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 24.4.16My Profile

8. Lindsay April 24, 2016 / 8:19 am

You can’t beat a good holiday complete with big squishy hotel bed and giant to! Glad you all had a great time.

9. Anne April 24, 2016 / 9:19 am

Such a lovely photo, sibling love is adorable (just wait until they start fighting!!) I hope you enjoyed your holiday, it’s good to get away and relax.

10. Carie @ Space for the Butterflies April 24, 2016 / 10:04 am

Aww what a gorgeous smile! It is so much fun watching the very beginning of a lifelong sibling friendship – you can really see the cogs working for both of them as they figure out how to relate to each other 🙂
    Carie @ Space for the Butterflies recently posted…17/52 {the 2016 portraits}My Profile

11. Natalie April 24, 2016 / 10:21 pm

I love watching my girls play together it melts my heart. Your picture is so gorgeous. xx
    Natalie recently posted…Harri is ready but am I?My Profile

12. tracey at Mummyshire April 25, 2016 / 2:01 am

Gosh, it doesn’t feel that long ago I was reading about the first few weeks of you being a family of four! Where has the time gone? Your photo is gorgeous but I know what you mean about the need to be a referee at times… then you have the good times when you’re playing together and your heart just melts!

13. karen reekie April 25, 2016 / 9:59 am

Sounds like mine when they were younger! I am definitely still refereeing but it has got slightly better! I think that’s pretty much how it goes until they leave home! 🙂

14. Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) April 26, 2016 / 11:36 am

Your youngest is just so inlove with his big bro! The future days will be challenging but fun as well! I can already imagine the happy chaos =) #mysundayphoto
    Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) recently posted…Clocks & BraceletsMy Profile

15. Mum in Brum April 26, 2016 / 12:52 pm

Aw – this makes me want to have a second! Definitely time to start barricading the TV I’d say! x #Mysundayphoto

16. Pinkoddy April 27, 2016 / 12:56 pm

What a beautiful post. Lovely to hear them growing up so close.
    And I agree nothing like watching tv on holiday – in fact we hardly watch it at home but abroad we watch it in any language lol.
    Pinkoddy recently posted…DIY Bathroom Redesign on a BudgetMy Profile

17. Honest Mum April 28, 2016 / 8:17 pm

So adorable, love the bond between my two and I adore chilling in hotel rooms watching TV, so relaxing x
    Honest Mum recently posted…A Lush Week in WalesMy Profile

18. ghostwritermummy May 1, 2016 / 11:38 am

Ahh what a gorgeous photo! One of my favourite things is watching the little ones together, and seeing their relationships develop. Its such a precious time and you can see their friendships evolving too. xx

19. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely May 2, 2016 / 9:34 pm

His little face!!! He look thoroughly entertained by his brother 🙂 My two still have the ultimate love/hate relationship requiring lots of refereeing. I think that might be pretty standard for brothers, though.
    Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely recently posted…#UKexplore in AprilMy Profile