Baby E at 9 months old

The baby is the grand old age of 9 months now and, like every single month, I wonder how it’s gone by in the blink of an eye. We now have a baby who is a total koala bear cling on and has realised his parents can leave him and walk away. Everything is a bit uncertain to him all over again and you can see in his face he thinks twice before going to someone. He’s still very much the charmer and will hold his hand out to total strangers so that he can stroke their cheeks. Not many are safe, and most melt instantly. You can see their broodiness hit the roof instantly, man or woman, as they lean in to let him. They then attempt to hold him which goes well for all of two seconds before he realises he’s not in his parents arms anymore and freaks out. I predict it’ll be another month or so before he’s confident enough to go to others again.

We have a little cruiser on our hands who will cruise any piece of furniture to get to food. This baby is the total opposite to his big brother and absolutely loves food. He will swipe his brothers food quite regularly. Not that the older brother cares too much. It means we’ve been a bit more adventurous with baby led weaning and tried a lot more things than we did with Little Z at that age. Where his brother is a chatterbox that loves attention, this baby loves his own space a lot more and isn’t too fussed with big groups of people. I think we have two very different characters on our hands and we can sometimes see myself and the Other Half in them respectively.

I’m hoping the cruising goes on for at least a couple more months. So far, he’s not braved letting go and toddling off but, at this rate, he might be walking before his birthday. Which is when it all changes again!

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

1. Nikki Thomas June 18, 2016 / 10:17 pm

Gosh it all seems to happening too quickly!! Where has your baby gone? It’s funny how they are all so different but I like that, they all have their own unique little personalities. Good luck when he starts walking, then the fun really begins
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…Fresh Thinking for Meals with HelloFreshMy Profile

2. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) June 19, 2016 / 12:10 am

Love the photo of Little E holding on to his car and can’t believe he is now cruising around. My youngest was much quicker to walk than her big sister and I remember that mixed feeling when she took her first steps – being proud of her whilst thinking “I’m not ready for this yet – stay a baby a bit longer please!”
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…My Sunday Photo 19/06/16My Profile

3. Tim June 19, 2016 / 12:19 am

Such a cute photo! By the looks of it he will be toddling around sooner rather than later. And so it begins …

4. tracey at Mummyshire June 19, 2016 / 12:22 am

He’s so very nearly on his feet, and looks quite sturdy in that photo too. It won’t be long at all!

5. Erica Price June 19, 2016 / 7:35 am

Bless him! Love that shot of his bum sticking out as he holds on.
    Erica Price recently posted…Week 24 of 2016My Profile

6. Laura - dear bear and beany June 19, 2016 / 10:02 am

Wow can’t believe he is cruising, hold on the fun part is about to start. 2 children on the move in different directions!!! My 2 are chalk and cheese too, it’s lovely to experience bringing up 2 different characters X
    Laura – dear bear and beany recently posted…An Un-Ordinary Week…The Ordinary MomentsMy Profile

7. Emma Raphael June 19, 2016 / 10:24 am

Just so sweet! We are a month behind you and B is attempting to crawl, he kind of just slugs around which is effective in getting where he wants to go but crawling is definitely in the works. He’s a demon in his walker and is beginning to pull things of shelves and try to open cupboards! 😀 I do love this age though, so sweet!

8. Bear and Cardigan June 19, 2016 / 10:59 am

There’s something irresistible about a photo of a baby’s backside! And their little feet! They are all so different too. The only thing the same is they grow too quickly #MySundayPhoto
    Bear and Cardigan recently posted…#MySundayPhoto 25My Profile

9. the frenchie mummy June 19, 2016 / 12:31 pm

Such a cute little fellow. I like the pic being in black and white #MySundayPhoto

10. Katie @mummydaddyme June 19, 2016 / 4:08 pm

It all goes far too fast doesn’t it? I cannot actually believe he is nine months old- time goes far too quick! It sounds like he is already getting into lots of mischief! x

11. Charlotte June 19, 2016 / 4:35 pm

They stovetop quickly, my baby is 9months too and I just don’t know where it’s gone, this is such an adorable photo #mysundayphoto

12. Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) June 21, 2016 / 1:44 pm

Haha this is a different angle and I bet this is what you are what you always get when you have a baby who moves around a lot. You always get a weird angle for photos =P

Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) recently posted…BloomingMy Profile