Visiting Luss at Loch Lomond

Loch Lomond is about a 45 minute drive from Stirling (I still need to sort my Stirling pics and video out hence a bit out of order!) and we decided that we’d drive to Aberfoyle and drive all round it, stopping off at all the little towns and villages that are dotted around it. Thankfully, it had stopped raining for a bit and the blustery wind had eased up a bit after our ascent up the William Wallace monument so we were hoping for a bit of a dry day. We didn’t get blazing sunshine but Loch Lomond is just so beautiful that it didn’t really matter.

It ended up taking up about an hour and a half to drive round it as we kept stopping and starting to admire the views. It reminded me so much of the Lake District as its so luscious and green and huge. There’s so much to do including water sports and nature walks there are lots of very nice looking lodges and tiny quaint B&Bs you can stay in. I think you could easily spend a few days just exploring it all and really relaxing. I’ve greedily started checking out what the other lochs are like now for future trips.

We ended up at Luss pier, small village full of pretty cottages and packed with very beautiful views and walks. There’s lot of boats to admire (and ride) and lots of ducks and swans ignoring the tourists and going about their own way. It’s a lovely place to stop off and have a nice walk and sit down. Our sit down lasted as long as the kids allowed, which was about 15 minutes, before both started getting impatient to do more walking. After 5 days I think they’d gotten used to being on the go constantly. We couldn’t fit in any kind of water sports but it was just as good to do the nature trail and we found its really easy to find out as you just follow the crowd or ask at the tourist centre for some pointers. I even took my first ever close up bee at work photo. He was very busy doing his thing and really wasn’t bothered that I was stood there looking at him for ages. Must get pesky tourists taking photos all the time! The lodges there have stunning views and it must be so lovely to wake up to these views. I’m determined to stay in one now, one day. I ended up taking so many photos of people’s gardens and here’s a few. They really take pride in their gardening. I’m a complete plant murderer so I’m always impressed my flowers that have bloomed.

Here’s some our our photos……(I will now sort Stirling out!)

Luss Loch Lomond 2

Luss Loch Lomond 13

Luss Loch Lomond 16

Luss Loch Lomond 12

Luss Loch Lomond 14

Luss Loch Lomond 15

Luss Loch Lomond 10

You can read about our Edinburgh trip here and all about the Kelpies here.

Packing my Suitcase
My Petit Canard
My Random Musings

1. Mary Mayfield August 25, 2016 / 1:10 pm

I’d been to Scotland many. many times before discovering Luss. It’s so pretty and now it’s become a regular stopping off point for us on the drive North – and a good excuse to walk along a beach and paddle.

• Notmyyearoff August 31, 2016 / 6:52 pm

It’s definitely such a good pit stop. I’m already wondering whether we could stay there on our way to isle of Skye!
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…Visiting Luss at Loch LomondMy Profile

• Mary Mayfield September 2, 2016 / 7:24 pm

An excellent stopover point! We used to drive straight through to places further north, including Skye – 12 hours from home! – but these days I prefer to take things easy and break the journey.
        Mary Mayfield recently posted…Blackberry TimeMy Profile

2. Karen Hannah August 27, 2016 / 7:22 pm

We spent some time up near Loch Lomond last year and it has always been one of our favourite places in Scotland. I love your beautiful photographs; you do it so much more justice than me!

3. Nikki Thomas August 27, 2016 / 8:59 pm

. ss We visited Loch Lomond once many years ago and it really is so huge and so beautiful, I would love to go back again some day. Your photos are beautiful and Luss sounds gorgeous
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…Aquabeads Frozen PlaySetMy Profile

• Notmyyearoff August 31, 2016 / 6:59 pm

It’s definitely a beautiful place. Reminds me a lot of the Lake District and very nice place to relax for a few days.
      Notmyyearoff recently posted…Visiting Luss at Loch LomondMy Profile

4. Jollies and Jaunts August 27, 2016 / 9:54 pm

It looks beautiful! I was meant to go there earlier this month but sadly I had to cancel my trip – even more gutted about it after seeing your pics! Hopefully I’ll get there soon ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jollies and Jaunts recently posted…Ten things you need to do in CologneMy Profile

5. Natasha in Oz August 28, 2016 / 1:43 am

We are going to Scotland for New Year’s Eve-I’m so excited about our trip after seeing this! Thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

6. justsayingmum August 29, 2016 / 8:13 am

oh this looks absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous photos. I’m totally with you on the wanting to staying one of the beautiful cottages – what a beautiful holiday that would be! I’m very tempted! #MarvMondays

7. Dave Freed August 29, 2016 / 12:16 pm

Scotland is such a gorgeous place. I’ve not been to Lock Lomond before but I’ll make sure we visit next time we’re there and Little Bear is a little older so he can enjoy it more.

8. Erin Gustafson August 29, 2016 / 1:54 pm

Beautiful! We definitely need to get back to Scotland and explore more. Thanks for the beautiful photographs as inspiration! Cheers from Copenhagen, Erin #MondayEscapes

9. Smidge August 30, 2016 / 10:41 am

Luss in a fab place to stop on Loch Lomond. If people are visiting I also suggest popping along to Arrochar – Loch Long is a lot more desolate and quiet.

10. Elizabeth August 31, 2016 / 6:44 am

Such a lovely place to visit. I’ve only ever been there once, but we bought my eldest son an ice cream from that little shop you’ve got pictured on the waterfront there! He was…..2?! He’s 16 now, so it was a long time ago! #BloggerClubUK
    Elizabeth recently posted…Courgette & Basil Soup with Focaccia ToastMy Profile

11. Tracey Williams August 31, 2016 / 12:41 pm

Oh Tas what a beautiful place to visit. I would love to explore Loch Lommand, as we adore Scotland but have only visited Dumfries and Galloway. Your pictures are beautiful and I agree that it looks very similar to the Lake District. Sat here thinking that a road trip around Scotland would be fab for next Summer x
    Tracey Williams recently posted…Film Memorabilia, food and lots of fun at Planet HollywoodMy Profile

12. Life as Mum August 31, 2016 / 3:26 pm

I’ve never been there before but I would love to visit Scotland one day. Looks like an amazing place to visit.

13. Jane Taylor August 31, 2016 / 10:09 pm

Hi Tas! This has given me an appetite for exploring more of Scotland as we never seem to venture beyond Edinburgh! I think I’ve resisted because of the unpredictable weather and the swarms of biting insects in the Summer as I swell up like the elephant man if I get bitten. But I realise, as your pictures confirm, it is worth the risk!! We need to take our touring caravan a bit further north and live a little!! Thanks for sharing. #bloggerclubuk
    Jane Taylor recently posted…DIY project: Children’s ‘Ikea Hack’ Desk TidyMy Profile

14. Faye September 1, 2016 / 6:09 am

Another scenery from Scotland. It would be great if I’d see it in person. Hope to visit this place anytime soon.

15. Suzanne September 1, 2016 / 1:19 pm

What beautiful photos. I love the duck one. I’ve always wanted to see more than Scotland than just Edinburgh. Perhaps that will be our stay-cation plan for next year. #BloggerClubUK

16. My Petit Canard September 4, 2016 / 12:53 am

What beautiful pictures! Your duck picture is absolutely stunning ๐Ÿ™‚ It looks and sounds like you all had a lovely time, such a lovely break with the little ones. We’ve visted Loch Lomond once pre-children and it was gorgeous. I’d love to go back there some time with the little ones at some point and am feeling quite inspired after reading your post! Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays, so lovely to have you join us ๐Ÿ™‚ Emily

17. Katie Gregory September 4, 2016 / 7:00 pm

Ah, this looks so beautiful! I’ve never been but I want to now – your photos are gorgeous! #MondayEscapes

18. Anna Shirley September 5, 2016 / 11:09 am

Beuatiful place. You did amazing pictures. If you will have time, it will be great if you can join my TRAVEL INSPIRATION link up. Iยดll be glad.

Anna xoxo