Baby E at 14 months old

Our littlest man turned 14 months a couple of days ago and he’s reaching a few lovely milestones. He’s finally plucked up the courage to let go of the furniture and take a good few unaided steps. He took his very first steps all by himself a good month or so ago but he then decided not to excite his parents too much and refused to do it again no matter how much encouragement we gave him. It was kind of a blessing on the 8 hour flight to and from Abu Dhabi as it meant he wasn’t too bothered about toddling about and preferred to just stand and climb wherever he was placed.

It was about a week after we were back he suddenly just let go and has been confidently toddling about. He’s still crawling a lot more as it’s faster for him but we get treated to more and more steps as the hours go by. I wonder if he’ll be a full blown toddler this time next month.

He’s also started calling everyone “Baaa!” And he says it quite a lot so sounds like a cute little lamb all day long as he tries to communicate whatever he wants through that one word. He was saying “Daaa” at one point but he now prefers his new word for everything.

He often gets mistaken for a girl and I think it’s because of his curly thick hair which we keep promising to cut. We always back out though because we don’t want him to look any older. We definitely should do it though. At some point!

Our civilised little baby wants to eat all his food with a fork, which is in complete contrast to his 5 year old brother who prefers his hands for everything. The only problem is the times he stabs his sibling with it but he’s slowly learning the word “No”. It’s often used by us whenever he tries to scale the coffee table to shake the TV; one of his most favourite hobbies (besides smacking his elder brother a lot!).

img_8595

1. Farmerswifeandmummy November 19, 2016 / 9:51 pm

Aww bless him. We too need a hair cut but I just can’t bring myself to do it…yet. I feel like once cut, the curls may be gone forever and I can’t take that risk 🙁 let’s have long haired boys together x

2. Tim November 20, 2016 / 12:14 am

Ha, what is it about younger siblings that they so often resort to violence against their elders? Kara is exactly like that with her brothers!
    Tim recently posted…My Sunday Photo: Daddy cuddlesMy Profile

3. tracey at Mummyshire November 20, 2016 / 12:39 am

Oh how cute and I just saw your Instagram video where he’s just taken his first steps. Such a cute age, so many milestones to be reached in a short period of time, and yes, eating with fingers just seems obligatory!
    #SundayPhoto
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Sunday Photo : 20 November 2016My Profile

4. John Adams November 20, 2016 / 6:00 am

Wow 14 months old already? Where does the time go. Fascinating to hear he wants to use a fork. Wish our four year old would!
    John Adams recently posted…First frost of the yearMy Profile

5. Erica Price November 20, 2016 / 6:27 am

He does have lot of hair now doesn’t he? Sounds like it’s lovely seeing him develop with the walking and the talking.
    Erica Price recently posted…Decathlon 20 for £20 KitsMy Profile

6. Tara November 20, 2016 / 7:04 am

Aww he sounds like a lot of fun 🙂 Freya was mistaken for a boy once, when she didn’t have any hair, even though she was dressed in a pink hoodie!
    Tara recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Week 46.My Profile

7. Sarah MumofThree World November 20, 2016 / 8:20 am

Well done E for walking! He looks and sounds so cute! Cutting their hair always seems like a big step because it’s like cutting the baby away from them. It was ages before we cut my eldest’s hair and he always had very long hair and was always being mistaken for a girl too.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 20.11.16My Profile

8. Verily Victoria Vocalises November 20, 2016 / 10:45 am

It is amazing how different siblings can be. I love his hair. Just where does the time go?! x

9. Natalie November 20, 2016 / 7:29 pm

Oh gosh he looks so grown up!! I can’t believe how fast time is flying by!!! I love his hair and would be so reluctant to cut it!
    Natalie recently posted…All done..My Profile

10. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) November 21, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Aww well done to Baby E on taking his first unaided steps. I love that he wants to use a fork (even if he does try to stab his brother with it too!) His thick curly hair is gorgeous – no wonder you have been holding back on getting it cut 🙂
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…From the mouths of babes #96My Profile

11. Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely November 22, 2016 / 8:50 pm

How is he 14 months old, Tas? How? I’m afraid the little brother aggravating the big brother thing is probably not a momentary thing. It’s been going on for nearly four years in this house and shows no signs of stopping!
    Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely recently posted…Side tables …. a middle-aged joy?My Profile

12. Katie @mummydaddyme November 22, 2016 / 10:33 pm

He’s gorgeous Tas and I still can’t quite believe he is 14 months old, how?!! Where does the time go? It’s a lovely age though, although soon he is going to be into absolutely everything now he is walking! And I love that he beats up his big bro haha, that’s the same in our house! xx

13. Kat December 1, 2016 / 6:58 am

Aaawww, your son is gorgeous! I chuckled to myself when I read that he likes to stab his brother with the fork or smack his brother…cute but I guess, as parents, you have to keep telling him ‘No’ 🙂