Cosey winter days

I really love this time of year. I don’t particularly like the weather or the darkness and am much more a sun lover, but I do love the epic wind down that happens from about now. Christmas songs and movies start coming on, houses go crazy with xmas twinkly lights, work start talking about things that must be done “after Xmas” and schools pack the weeks with fun activities. It’s such a brilliant time to just stop, relax and watch mostly everything on TV. It’s also the time of year I promise to organise my blog a bit more. Some bits get done and some bits don’t and I usually just end up reading some of my old posts and laughing to myself.

I do get a very weird urge to declutter everything in our house during this time. We do a huge clean up of toys, food in the cupboard and clothes and then everything goes either in storage, to charity or into recycling. It’s a fantastic time of year to donate to refuges, shelters and charities that collect toys. Our social worker friend regularly reminds us that this is one of their peak times and they are always in desperate need of things to help people so I think it’s now ingrained into our heads to do it.

And of course, it’s the season of colds and all sorts of kiddie germs. There is a whole round of chicken pox going round our area and we’ve been watching the boys like hawks. Apparently you can get them more than once, which is nice. So far, Baby E has just an annoying cold and he thinks he has mastered wiping his nose. At the moment that action consists of sometimes using the tissue correctly, sometimes trying to eat it, and sometimes blowing a raspberry against it to emulate blowing his nose.

Wintery days baby

Photalife

1. Sarah Christie November 26, 2016 / 8:38 pm

I love this time of year, its funny I feel so sad when the summer ends then the crunchy leaves drive and I forget summer. And I LOVE christmas so much, lets hope you escape those terms lovely, we need a catch up soon xx

2. Tim November 27, 2016 / 12:09 am

We also have a bit of a clear-out at this time of year. It’s a necessity, really, with the two boys’ birthdays a few weeks either side of Christmas. Got to clear some space for all the new toys …
    Tim recently posted…My Sunday Photo: Daddy, why are you upside down?My Profile

3. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) November 27, 2016 / 12:11 am

Ah yes the joys of them eating the tissues! Hope Baby E’s cold is better soon. I always have the urge to declutter at this time of year too – good tip about giving the toys to shelters and refuge centres though.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…My Sunday Photo 27/11/16My Profile

4. Sara | mumturnedmom November 27, 2016 / 12:48 am

I always plan to have a clear out, but never quite get as much done as I hope! It is a lovely time of year though, despite the cold! Hope you stay relatively germ free 🙂
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Sunday Photo: 27 November 2016My Profile

5. John Adams November 27, 2016 / 5:39 am

Yeah, I don’t recommend eating the tissues! Sweet that he’s trying to emulate his brother though! Good luck avoiding the chickenpox. #MySundayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted…A note from the QueenMy Profile

6. Tara November 27, 2016 / 6:33 am

I love a good clear out – although we have yet to do ours this year. Better get on that quickly! I hope you all stay healthy through the germ season. There’s chicken pox about here too and neither Freya nor my husband have had it (I’ve managed it twice) so that could be fun! #MySundayPhoto
    Tara recently posted…My Sunday Photo – Week 47.My Profile

7. Rachel @ Coffee, Cake, Kids November 27, 2016 / 6:58 am

We love this time of year as well, altough I’m still yet to do the big toy declutter. That’s a job for this week! #mysundayphoto

8. Sarah MumofThree World November 27, 2016 / 7:05 am

Bless him! What a cute photo. I think it takes years for kids to really master blowing their noses.
    I’m very impressed by your decluttering! I’ve been doing a bit more cleaning than usual, but can’t quite face decluttering, although I did clear out some shoes which were either too small or had holes in them!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 27.11.16My Profile

9. Neesie November 27, 2016 / 1:49 pm

At this time I clear out any food from the fridge and freezer, using it in different recipes and meals. It can mean I have to be creative, but it does feel good to start the Christmas shopping off knowing I’ve got room and a clean sheet for planning meals and celebrations.
    I hope the cold disappears soon. It’s always cute to see the little ones trying to master this art.

10. Debbie November 27, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Hi Tas, I like to have a good clear out this time of year and try to empty the freezer a bit so I can do some baking for Christmas. We seem to be a little behind this year…. I do hope that Baby E resists eating the tissue once he’s blown his nose though! You got to love them!

xx
    Debbie recently posted…Flirty TurkeyMy Profile

11. Emma T November 27, 2016 / 6:36 pm

The blowing the nose dilemma. N still just wipes – usually once – then leaves the used tissues lying around. He can go through a box of tissues in no time at all!
    Emma T recently posted…School days – writing Christmas cardsMy Profile

12. LauraCYMFT November 27, 2016 / 7:40 pm

Awww what a cutie pie! I too love doing a clear out at this time of year! Chicken pox is doing the rounds here too. My two have had it thankfully.

13. Lisa@intotheglade November 27, 2016 / 9:12 pm

That is such a sweet picture and how cute that he blows raspberries and pretends too. We are having a massive sort out for local refugee charities too at the moment, it such a busy time for them. I hope the little one feels better soon, have a great week xx

14. Fozia S November 27, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Have to agree…as much as I hate the cold dark nights I do like the ‘relaxed’ atmosphere!

Oh bless him, hope he feels better soon!
    Fozia S recently posted…Project 366 – Week 47My Profile

15. Hayley @hayleyfromhome December 1, 2016 / 2:09 pm

We always have a big clearout and tidy before Christmas too, I did most of it last week but you would never now though 🙂 That is why I really hate housework, it never looks like I’ve actually done anything in this house. I have a box of toys that I must donate before it gets too busy.
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted…Winter Styling with Lighthouse ClothingMy Profile

16. Kirsty December 16, 2016 / 8:36 pm

Yup, December is definitely the time for giving away what you don’t need any more – you never know who might just be needing what you have. You could make their year, especially if money is tight. Cute pic too – hope the colds stay away!
    Kirsty recently posted…Best fitness tracker for kids in 2016My Profile