Back to routine, bugs and custarduary

When I look back it’s been quite a long week really. We’ve finally gone back to school after about 17 days off work and school and got back into routine. This is where I kind of regret throwing kiddie bedtime out the window.
The night before school was a bit painful dragging Z into bed and having him ask me a billion questions about how different things are made, just to avoid going to sleep. Tuesday morning was a bit of a shock to the system but all we all survived in one sleepy piece and bedtime was bang on track again that night with all of us collapsing into sleep early ish. Our routine got scuppered slightly by the end of the week when I caught a bad cold and had to spend two days in bed feeling like a drugged up zombie. Cold and flu max tablets are magic though. They really take the edge of it all don’t they? As does comfort food.

I had grand plans to start eating healthy again in January and I find myself almost mid-month now and still seeking out puddings with custard. As the daylight (and my immune system) have been rubbish, I figure another two weeks of heart  and belly warming food isn’t going to hurt. It’ll be February before we know it and I fully intend to start exercising. I do I do I do.

Photalife

1. Anne January 15, 2017 / 8:00 am

mmmm that’s looks delicous! Of course comfort food is ok when you are not well. If it’s any comfort I’ve not started my new year healthy plan yet either! #mysundayphoto

2. Martyn Kitney January 15, 2017 / 10:23 am

I havent had custard in years!! I love having comfort food, especially in this month. Think i will be popping to the shops this afternoon #mysundayphoto
    Martyn Kitney recently posted…My Sunday Photo 15/01/17My Profile

3. Erica Price January 15, 2017 / 11:22 am

There’s something to be said for sticking close to normal bedtimes in the holidays I think – it’s good for my my sanity anyway, but a little flexibility is quite fun too. January is a bad month to resolutions – it’s easier when you can see spring on the way.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 2My Profile

4. Cathy January 15, 2017 / 12:14 pm

Well with the weather being on the chilly side nothing beats a bit of comfort food and pudding with custard sounds perfect. I seem to be drinking more mugs of tea during this cold snap 🙂

5. Nikki Thomas January 15, 2017 / 2:33 pm

There is something very wonderful about custard this time of year, it makes everything seem better. I am exactly the same, I know that I need to lose weight but I can’t find the energy or stop eating comfort food. It will happen when we are ready won’t it??
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…My Little Pony Boots from The Original Muck Boot CompanyMy Profile

6. chickenruby January 15, 2017 / 4:44 pm

custard sounds good, but it’s too hot to be eating hot food over here, the fridge still has some lovely cakes in it though

7. Elaine Livingstone January 15, 2017 / 9:17 pm

My last lot of custard went runny again in the microwave for some bizarre reason. Maybe need to try a different brand of coconut milk next time. I am a lover of cake and custard and it is great after a lazy tea of a bowl of home made soup.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…My Sunday Photo week 1My Profile

8. 76sunflowers January 15, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Haha – it is definitely the time of year for some junk food comforts. February is a new month!

9. jenny paulin January 15, 2017 / 11:04 pm

ooooh custard I have not had custard for so long! Keep eating it, it will warm you upon if nothing else! Hope you soon feel better though x
    jenny paulin recently posted…My Meal Plan Week 1My Profile

10. Neesie January 16, 2017 / 12:41 pm

I think you’re perfectly right to keep up the comfort food… you never know when a cold snap will arrive at this time of year. Wait until the end of February then start. By then you’ll be fed up with winter fodder and be ready to embrace a light, healthy menu. Good luck 😀
    Neesie recently posted…My Sunday Photo… Muffin’s snowy woodland walkMy Profile

11. Mandi January 16, 2017 / 10:01 pm

Everyone needs some pudding and custard in their lives throughout January, and possibly February because it will still be cold, start the healthy eating in March ready for the spring x
    Mandi recently posted…Project 365 2017 Week 2My Profile

12. Su Tyler January 17, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Oh dear another poorly mummy! Rest is the best thing.
    Start the diet in February!!

13. Emma T January 17, 2017 / 9:35 pm

Yum, custard. We don’t have enough of it imo. My exercise is going to be dancing twice a week, but at the moment I’m only getting 1 in.

14. Sarah Christie January 18, 2017 / 8:41 pm

I must say I started off full of beans but have gone downhill, I feel so weary I am hoping my Friday yoga lesson will give me back my energy and we need this blooming fog to lift its been dark for a week x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…Whats On In Manchester In February?My Profile

15. Sara | mumturnedmom January 20, 2017 / 11:29 pm

I haven’t had custard for ages… I’ve just ordered some custard powder on Amazon! Hope you’re feeling much better now x
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Winter: first snowMy Profile