Holidays, Winter Wonderland and hibernating

We’re still on our school and work holidays and I have to keep reminding myself we only have 3 days left. Argggh. It’s been a really lovely two weeks of hibernating, immense de-cluttering (how do we have so much crap just in one year??) and the odd trip out to eat, get some fresh air and to generally mingle with other humans. I’ve realised I don’t know how to just sit and chill out. I have to be doing something or need something to look forward to. I may have to relearn how to relax this year and unwind a bit. I think maybe running after two kids and a job can do that to you. Having said that, I can’t honestly remember properly much of what we’ve done over the last fortnight as we couldn’t even be bothered with the sales. I did a lot online for the boys and we were done.

What I do remember is that we went to the Manchester winter wonderland one day just after Christmas. It was SO nice and quiet as I think most people were still finishing off turkey leftovers or hitting the sales. I’m not sure there’s that much to do if you’re an adult, but its amazing for kids that love funfair rides (as well as big kids that love funfair rides). We managed to have a lot of fun and just ran about giving Little Z company on all of them as he didn’t want to sit alone. These are some of our photos from the evening. It’s been a long long time since I’ve sat on so many fun fair rides but it was mostly fun. Well, besides the one you sit on the choo choo train and your child dings the bell non stop for about 3 minutes.

dsc_0021

dsc_0098

dsc_0120

dsc_0020

dsc_0084

dsc_0015

dsc_0028

dsc_0107

dsc_0073

The Ordinary Moments

1. Tim January 8, 2017 / 12:22 am

I like the idea of going after Christmas. We went to the London WW three days before Christmas and it was heaving! Looks like the boys had fun. See you at MSI in May?
    Tim recently posted…My Sunday Photo: The joy of readingMy Profile

2. Emma Gordon January 8, 2017 / 3:51 am

You all look like you had so much fun, your photos are lovely. Happy New Year 🙂

3. Sarah MumofThree World January 8, 2017 / 8:00 am

It sounds lovely and Z’s face on the aeroplane ride is priceless. I’m not a big fan of fairs, but I would definitely like a go on the flying elephants!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 8.1.17My Profile

4. justsayingmum January 8, 2017 / 12:59 pm

Beautiful photos – was probably the best time to go! Enjoy your last couple of days before normality resumes. Mine don’t go back to school until Tuesday so we still feel in holiday mode – but I’m terrible at just relaxing – always doing something – may just make myself sit and read for a couple of hours today – oh the bliss! #theordinarymoments
    justsayingmum recently posted…Respecting “No”My Profile

5. Sarah Christie January 8, 2017 / 4:39 pm

I know back to normal tomorrow, I am going to drop Joe off at School and go for a lovely long swim, then come home and work. Its been lovely chilling over the last 2 weeks although like you we are all so manic we dont really wind down too much just do different stuff, we have had loads of long walks, pub lunches, city breaks but for us that is chilling ha ha x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Festive Round Up, Chilling And Trips To LondonMy Profile

6. Tracey @ mummyshire January 8, 2017 / 5:15 pm

The time off was lovely wasn’t it, and it has been good to just take time out. We didn’t hit the sales either but of did spend time at home hibernating – sometimes it’s difficult to get mine moving out of the house!
    Looks like you went to WW at the right time and the photos on the rides are priceless!
    Great photos
    #SundayPhoto

7. Fee | One of Each January 8, 2017 / 7:25 pm

What great photographs. So much colour and you can hear the fairground music through the photos! #project365

8. Sara | mumturnedmom January 8, 2017 / 7:27 pm

That looks like so much fun! Bet the kids loved it. Your face where Z has hold of the bell says it all… made me smile 🙂
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…The Prompt: Week 137My Profile

9. Elaine Livingstone January 8, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Looks like they all had a great time. I have never been a lover of funfair rides even as a child, they make me dizzy just watching other people.
    Quite right to make the most of the end of the holidays.

10. Donna January 8, 2017 / 9:29 pm

That looks like such an awesome day out – and great to go after Christmas, it’s not the sort of thing I’d ever think of doing straight after Xmas – great timing!! x

11. shahnaz January 8, 2017 / 10:41 pm

Beautiful pictures look’s like you all had an amazing time.

12. jenny paulin January 9, 2017 / 6:56 am

I didnt want the holidays to end either Tas as we had enjoyed a lovely break and had lots of family time together. I also had a few days spent decluttering and clearing up, and I still feel I have lots still to do, but it was a good start at least.
    Great photo of the funfair – your boys have got so big now! x

13. Megan - Truly Madly Kids January 9, 2017 / 1:24 pm

I reckon after Christmas is better as well. One of my friends went on Christmas eve and said it was quite empty!! Lovely pictures – I love the colour against the dark winter skies.

14. Laura January 9, 2017 / 7:40 pm

This looks like so much fun! I love a good funfair!

15. Katie @mummydaddyme January 9, 2017 / 7:56 pm

We really enjoyed the manchester markets when we went earlier on in December. And I am the same as you, I really don’t know how to relax and unwind either. It is my mission for this year to be a little kinder to myself. x

16. Rachel In Real Life January 10, 2017 / 1:10 pm

It sounds like you went at the best time! We were right back to normal on Tuesday after the bank holiday which felt far too early personally. We were so busy during the holidays we didn’t get much time to rest at all and we are already all looking forward to half term!

17. Verily Victoria Vocalises January 10, 2017 / 1:36 pm

What beautiful photos. My brother went to the Winter Wonderland in London with his family on New Years Day – definitely a sensible option!
    Verily Victoria Vocalises recently posted…Coming in to LandMy Profile

18. Tracey Williams January 10, 2017 / 4:17 pm

So glad you went to Winter Wonderland Tas, and you can see the boys enjoyment in their faces. We visited one year between Christmas and New Year and yes it is alot quieter then. Hope your day back to school and work wasn’t too painful after your perfectly chilled out Christmas with your boys x
    Tracey Williams recently posted…2016 – Looking back at our year of travelMy Profile

19. Hayley @hayleyfromhome January 11, 2017 / 11:04 am

Hope you’ve survived getting back to it all! As nice as it is to get back to routine I really hate letting go of the lazy mornings but sounds like you’ve had a good break. Love the photos from Winter Wonderland, Z must have had so much fun!
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted…My Year In Books 2016My Profile

20. Mandi January 11, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Looks like a great place, and love the fact that it wasn’t busy, as I hate crowds. It’s so hard for mums to sit and do nothing!
    Mandi recently posted…Project 365 week 1My Profile

21. Erica Price January 12, 2017 / 5:11 pm

Looks such a fun place to visit. I meant to take H in to see the Christmas market which was continuing after Christmas for the first time and forgot. I was hoping it would be less busy then. Glad to hear it wasn’t too busy in Winter Wonderland.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 1My Profile