And then there was sunshine

At last! I was so pleased to finally see the sunshine today. I’m not quite sure why, but we’ve had a thick cloud of fog for about two weeks and its been a bit dreary to say the least. January is a bit gloomy anyway but when you throw in dark, dark weather and the fast paced crazy events going on in the world right now, it just feels all a bit depressing and tiring doesn’t it? The comfort eating has been really lovely, I won’t complain about that, but I really do need to snap out of that ever so slightly now. It’s as if its taken me all of January to just wake up properly and I think I’m glad to see February has now arrived. The days are getting longer and there are daffodils and hot cross buns in the shops. It means spring is on its way, hurrah!

The Other Half has to work this entire weekend, so Little Z and I had planned to go and watch Trolls at the cinema, thinking it was just going to be another drizzly day. We swapped our plans for the park when we saw the sunshine had made an appearance and went for a bit of a walk instead. It’s still chilly but the blue skies and sunshine more than make up for it.

I love watching these two little monkeys together. When they’re not snatching things off each other, they’re quite protective of one another and get drawn together like little magnets. They can drive each other a bit mental at times (and me in the process) but when both are in a good mood they’ll potter about happily together. Little Z is like a little over protective mum always trying to stop his brother from tumbling, or pointing out he’s too little to do whatever it is Baby E is trying to leap into. And Baby E finds everything wonderful and amazing and thinks he can do everything all by himself right now.

It just needs to warm a bit now but I’m more than happy with some good daylight and some nice park trips for now.

DSC_0325

DSC_0358

DSC_0346

DSC_0407

DSC_0366

Photalife

1. jenny paulin February 4, 2017 / 9:09 pm

we had some sunshine this morning, once the early misty fog lifted, and it was glorious and I went and took the dog out. Pleased I made the most of it as the rain returned this afternoon – booo!
    I love Baby E’s cosy all in one suit – wish I had one for colder days! both boys look like they get on so well – it is lovely x
    jenny paulin recently posted…Project 365, 2017. Week 5My Profile

2. Fee February 4, 2017 / 9:14 pm

Ooo I just love the photo of your eldest with his hand in littlest ones back! Beautiful.#project365

3. tracey at Mummyshire February 4, 2017 / 10:12 pm

Your photos seem to suggest that Spring is on its way…and about time too, I’d say! January seems to have gone on for far too long!
    Yes I know what you mean about the comfort eating, January is the month when I always eat too much – no ‘new year diets’ this month!
    Your eldest boy looks so in love with his younger brother. Super cute photos
    #Project365
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Project #365 | Week 4 & Week 5My Profile

4. John Adams February 5, 2017 / 6:44 am

Wow, your youngest is up and walking. Time flies hey? And how nice to see them both playing together.
    John Adams recently posted…The climbing frameMy Profile

5. Sarah MumofThree World February 5, 2017 / 8:38 am

Gorgeous photos of the boys! The lighter mornings and evenings are definitely very welcome.
    They remind me of my boys, who argue a lot these days, but when we’re out, the two of them will always walk on ahead together, chatting away. If I could just keep them out of the house at all times, I think they’d get on very well together!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 5.2.15My Profile

6. Erica Price February 5, 2017 / 8:42 am

I have been desperate for some sunshine too. It was such a relief to get out in it yesterday. You managed to get some lovely pictures of the boys.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 5My Profile

7. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe February 5, 2017 / 11:46 am

So nice when the clouds finally clear! How cute if your eldest putting his hand in baby E’s back. My eldest is like this too with his younger brother… sometimes! #mysundayphoto
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…El TorcalMy Profile

8. Debbie February 5, 2017 / 11:48 am

Hi Tas, it must have been lovely to get out after such miserable weather and I know exactly what you mean about the comfort eating. Oe of January’s pleasures.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…Oranges And Lemons… On The Same Tree?My Profile

9. Jodie Hawkins February 5, 2017 / 2:48 pm

It’s fabulous to get out in the fresh air when it’s mild isn’t it, looks like they had a lovely day together. Nice to see siblings getting on so well

10. Tara February 5, 2017 / 7:13 pm

I’m with you on the comfort eating and the need for some sunshine. I’ve just checked the weather and it’s supposed to get cold again this week (in Norfolk anyway) 🙁 Good job you made the most of the sunshine, lovely pics.
    Tara recently posted…My Sunday Photo – February 5th, 2017.My Profile

11. Stacey February 5, 2017 / 7:39 pm

What lovely photos of your trip to the parks. Im so done with the cold now and cant wait for spring.

12. JAne February 6, 2017 / 10:10 am

Love to get out on a sunny day!

13. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) February 7, 2017 / 9:37 pm

Gorgeous photos of your boys having fun together at the park and making the most of the sunshine. Love the way Baby E is toddling along with Little Z who looks like he is being very protective of his baby brother 🙂
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…Review – Seesaw Children’s ClothesMy Profile

14. Julia @ Rainbeaubelle February 10, 2017 / 10:05 am

They really are cute together. I love watching my two play together as well, and hurray for some sun! It is so grey here! x

15. Elaine Livingstone February 11, 2017 / 7:03 am

Have to say Bob drives me nuts ( he is nearly 11) and treats the wee ones like he is a parent, dont do this you cant do that, find it really difficult not to say something, he never gives them peace. But in other ways he is realy good playing with them and reading to them etc.
    The days are getting longer, but it is nice to get out to the poark even in the cold.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…High street shopping – has the time come to say goodbye?My Profile

16. Sara | mumturnedmom February 11, 2017 / 1:48 pm

Gorgeous photos of your two. Lovely to see them walking along together. And to see some sunshine!
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Winter: Snow StormMy Profile