Couple time

We’ve somehow managed to wrangle some couple time twice in a month.  We tend to forget that we should go out, just the two of us, for long periods of time and when we do think of going out together it’s been a good six months since our last outing.

We escaped to Wales for the day not long ago and then last night we grabbed the chance to go and see Logan at the cinema.  We ran as fast as we could to catch the earliest showing and then thoroughly enjoyed the very last helping of Wolverines story.   It’s really worth a watch and the husband is now a bit paranoid about whether he enjoyed it so much because we got some free time together, or whether the movie really is awesome.  At the moment we are going with the latter but the euphoria may die down over the next few days and we may realise it was because we got some couple time twice in one month.

We really do enjoy the rare child free times although we then somehow spot a tiny toddler or a 6 year old on our outing and find them super cute or utterly hilarious.  Then we miss the kids.  It’s a weird kind of cycle and I think we’re just not used to spending regular time together any more or eating dinner without having to cajole two little ones to finish theirs first.    We’ll probably forget now for a good few months to but two outings in one month feels quite indulgent at the moment.

1. John Adams March 5, 2017 / 6:44 am

Well, er, I’ve just spent a child free few days in Australia but it didn’t count as Mrs Adams was back in the UK! Amyway, we really have got to work on going out more as a couple. Something we’ve been talking about for ages! Hope you enjoyed your meal and I’ll keep the film in mind. #MySundayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted…Reflections of the Lanes of MelbourneMy Profile

2. Tara March 5, 2017 / 6:51 am

I do that too. Race out of the door and then spot a child and miss Freya. The last time we had a child-free day we didn’t really know what to do with ourselves! Glad you liked the film. Can’t wait to see it. #MySundayPhoto
    Tara recently posted…My Sunday Photo – March 5th, 2017.My Profile

3. Debbie March 5, 2017 / 6:54 am

Hi Tas, childfree time together twice in one month? You lucky, lucky lady! I bet a Tellytubbies movie would have seemed brilliant without children in tow…. However, I am rather partial to a superhero movie myself and look forward to watching Logan with my son.

#MySundayPhoto
    Debbie recently posted…Greek Hospitality At It’s BestMy Profile

4. Sarah MumofThree World March 5, 2017 / 7:36 am

That food looks delicious! Going out without the kids twice in a month is pretty amazing.
    Strangely we seem to go out less as a couple now our kids are older. I can’t leave the three of them at home without a babysitter and my mum never seems to offer these days 🙁 We’re not big on Valentine’s Day, but it was always a day when my mum would offer to babysit, so of course we would go out. She didn’t offer this year! Our next opportunity to go out will probably be my husband’s birthday in June.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 5.3.17My Profile

5. Hayley @hayleyfromhome March 5, 2017 / 8:29 am

I’ve already booked my brother on babysitting duty, 2 weeks in advance so we can go and see Logan, I can’t wait. So glad you had a great night, it’s such a treat to get couples time you have to grab it whenever it comes along! We usually always go to the cinema when we do though then spend two hours not talking to each other 😉

6. Anne March 5, 2017 / 8:38 am

That food looks lovely, I’m not sure I’d be able to manage to eat that burger though. Couple time is important and I’m glad you’ve had the chance to do it this month. My partner is also my carer so I think that sometimes we spend too much time together, but it’s really nice when we get the chance to go out and about together, or even have lunch somewhere. #MySundayPhoto
    Anne recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 5th March 2017My Profile

7. Emma Raphael March 5, 2017 / 9:53 am

It happens so rarely in our house at the moment! I think we have just found a babysitter though, so you never know! 😀 Hope you had a lovely time, that Burger looks especially delicious! 😀 #sundayphoto
    Emma Raphael recently posted…Sunday Photo – Sun PurseMy Profile

8. chickenruby March 5, 2017 / 10:16 am

what fabulous food, we are child free now for the past 2 years and although we spend a lot of time together, we don’t really do anything exciting and often prefer to stay in and cook rather than go out, it seems too much of an effort
    chickenruby recently posted…Dubai Canvas 3D Art Festival at City WalkMy Profile

9. Tracey Williams March 5, 2017 / 11:09 am

I LOVE that you are getting couple time Tas as I think it’s so important to do this, especially when your kids are so little. I am like Sarah and coming out the other end, and find we are getting lots of couple time now they are older. I have already been drooling over that burger on social media lol x
    Tracey Williams recently posted…Little Loves – School Trips, Cheeseboards and High School DecisionsMy Profile

10. BySarahMostly March 5, 2017 / 7:24 pm

Aww that’s lovely! So important to grab that bit of time together whenever you can, even if you inevitably spend the time missing and/or talking about the kids! Ha!

11. Emma T March 5, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Wow, how on earth do you eat that burger!? It’s huge.

You’re much better than us at getting time out together. We only ever go out when there’s several of us all going out together which is great but isnt really going out together
    Emma T recently posted…41+ no-brainer Lego storage ideasMy Profile

12. jenny paulin March 6, 2017 / 7:22 am

looks at that food! utterly delicious looking! It is great that you and your hubby had some couple time, it is much needed in a relationship and a lovely time to enjoy each other without the kids. x
    jenny paulin recently posted…Project 365, 2016. Week 9My Profile

13. Nikki Thomas March 6, 2017 / 8:34 pm

Wow that food looks amazing!! Going out as a couple is something we never do. Well, having said that we did go out for a meal a few months ago and that was the first time in years I think. It is weird without the kids but it is something we should make time to do, just to reconnect and relax but it is just so hard to find the time to do it. Maybe a regular date night is in order?
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…The Next Step: How to Connect with InvestorsMy Profile

14. natalie March 6, 2017 / 9:29 pm

Oh couple time is so important – me and my hubbie had a little date night on Sat and it was much needed. We are definitely going to try and make it a monthly thing. Your food pics are making me really hungry!
    natalie recently posted…World Book Day 2017My Profile

15. Su Tyler March 7, 2017 / 2:41 pm

Oh gosh I remember those child free times, usually when they were in school and going for a sneaky lunch!
    Logan is really good, very different to the usual superhero films.
    Su Tyler recently posted…Week 9 – 2017 Mind Numbing Office PoliticsMy Profile

16. Erica Price March 8, 2017 / 12:33 pm

Those burgers look amazing and I’ve heard good things about the film.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 9My Profile

17. Sara | mumturnedmom March 8, 2017 / 5:07 pm

Can’t wait to see Logan 🙂 My husband and I rarely get time out together, it’s tricky with no family here, but we really should make more of an effort!
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Reflections: Week 8-9My Profile

18. Elaine Livingstone March 8, 2017 / 9:58 pm

it really is weird how us parents love child free time but feel guilty about it.
    I am not a lover of chips in a basket, just seems wrong, whats wrong with a plate or a bowl?
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted…Project 365 week 9My Profile

19. Lisa Valentine March 10, 2017 / 9:19 am

My girls are teens now but we STILL find it difficult to make time for ourselves as a couple. We recently enjoyed out first ‘date night’ out since we got married in October 2016 and it was absolutely wonderful. Enjoy 🙂
    Lisa Valentine recently posted…The Weekend Post | A Mini Break In ManchesterMy Profile

20. Melanie March 10, 2017 / 2:01 pm

Looks like your having a good time and that looks yummy :)x

21. Erin Ek Rush March 12, 2017 / 5:00 pm

Child free time is important but it’s so easy to put on the back burner! We’re like you, we seem to do it in streaks so twice in a month and then not for ages. No idea why!