Sunny Days and Mothers Day

I think it’s fair to say it’s been a very weird and sad week. There are still poorly people at my house and the awful incident at Westminster bridge has been shocking and so sad to say the least. I don’t think I’ll ever understand why some people think it’s ok to kill innocent people in the name of anything but I just love how London has dealt with the tragedy. Just strong and resilient and oh so British.
The poorly people at home are slowly getting better and I think Mothers Day will be spent making sure everyone is still resting and drinking lots of fluids and running around after kids and telling them off and making sure they share and trying to coax them to eat and doing laundry and preparing for back to school and trying to sit down for a while. I did smile yesterday when Little Z presented me with my Mother’s Day card and daffodil bouquet. I am not one to celebrate this commercialised hallmark day. But I totally am really. So I think once the husbands better he still owes me dinner somewhere. And maybe a huge trip to the spa! And hopefully the sun will hang about now that it’s officially spring!

1. Tanya March 25, 2017 / 7:39 pm

I lived in England for a year (many years ago), and being that it was one of the best years of my life, it has held a piece of my heart ever since. God bless all of you for the resiliency you have shown in the face of terror. I ❤ England! And Happy Mother’s Day to you!!

2. Tim March 26, 2017 / 12:04 am

Hope everyone’s feeling better soon – and definitely take a rain-check on the day! It’s always lovely to receive hand-made cards – our three love to make their own for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day – any excuse, really! 🙂

3. Coombe Mill March 26, 2017 / 12:27 am

Glad you are all on the mend, Happy Mother’s Day

4. Alan Herbert March 26, 2017 / 12:40 am

Aw the card is lovely. Yes the husband definitely owes you dinner and a spa day.

Happy Mothers Day

#mysundayphoto
    Alan Herbert recently posted…Wee Wee Roulette My Profile

5. RachelSwirl March 26, 2017 / 12:44 am

awww such a lovely card! Here’s hoping you have a fab mother day and that things start improving soon x

6. John Adams March 26, 2017 / 7:49 am

A nce way to round off a bad week perhaps? Enjoy your bouquet! #MySundayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted…New born lambMy Profile

7. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) March 26, 2017 / 8:16 am

That’s a lovely card from Little Z. Glad to hear everyone is starting to feel better. It has been quite a week hasn’t it? I will never understand why anyone could have so much hate. Makes me want to hold my babies closer and focus on trying to spread a little more kindness and love in the world.

8. Sarah MumofThree World March 26, 2017 / 8:57 am

It has been a challenging week for you. I really hope everyone is 100% again soon.
    The Westminster incident was so shocking, sad and senseless. I really hope it was a horrible one-off and not the start of more regular terrorism incidents.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 26.3.17My Profile

9. 76sunflowers March 26, 2017 / 6:31 pm

Beautiful words from you and beautiful card from your boy xx

10. Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe March 26, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Your hand made card looks lovely. So sad about the events in London, glad to hear that your household is gradually getting better. Hope you are fully recovered soon!
    Andrea @ Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Las Fuentes ViejasMy Profile

11. Emma T March 26, 2017 / 9:18 pm

It was so light this evening, very funny when N had to g to bed, he thought the OH was joking when he said it was bedtime! Glad everyone’s on the mend – and what a lovely card from Z
    Emma T recently posted…School Days – school trip and split classMy Profile

12. Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One March 27, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Glad to hear all are on the mend, and you got a nice bunch of flowers. It was a mad week, and very hard to explain why people do this sort of thing isn’t it #365
    Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One recently posted…Project 365 2017 Week 12My Profile

13. natalie March 29, 2017 / 10:56 pm

Oh lovely March has been a bit of a sick month for us too – and just as I though it was over Meme has come down with another high temperature. Fingers crossed for a healthy April.
    natalie recently posted…Top places to visit in Merseyside & CheshireMy Profile

14. Erica Price March 31, 2017 / 2:01 pm

Love the Mother’s Day card and I hope you can get a bit of a treat this weekend instead.
    Erica Price recently posted…2017: Week 12My Profile

15. Elaine Livingstone March 31, 2017 / 10:35 pm

I think mothers day is about home made cards and presents. These look fab to me. Hope everybody is feeling better

16. Susan Mann April 3, 2017 / 7:52 pm

I really hope everyone is better soon lovely. I love homemade cards and gifts, they really are the best aren’t they xx